FDA and surgeon general bias(whip cracked by judge Leon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
This happened back in 2014 and I'd like to see it happen again to Zeller et al. It's a long read but a good one. I get more respect for Judge Leon every time I reAd stuff like this.

Anti-smoking experts paid by Big Pharma

Thing I am irritated at is the fact that, even with all the proof, current policy was never changed. Bans are still in effect and increasing, and the three "scientists" as far as I can find, were never charged with the crimes perpetrated. I see insider trading, market manipulation and fraud among others.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
And keep in mind, Leon suggested that the FDA regulate e-cigs as "tobacco" back in 2010.
I realize that in written form he did essentially "suggest" that.
But I don't think that, in context, it was so much a suggestion as an answer.

The FDA was whining about how they MUST regulate this stuff and as a drug was the only way.
Judge Leon told them, essentially, to shut up.

And his way of doing so was to remind them that it could be regulated under tobacco perhaps.
Anyway, that's how I read it, and how I like to think about it.
:)

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
And keep in mind, Leon suggested that the FDA regulate e-cigs as "tobacco" back in 2010.

Judge Leon merely pointed out that FDA could lawfully regulate e-cigs as tobacco products. Leon never urged the FDA to do so (as many ANTZ have falsely claimed when lobbying for the FDA Deeming Reg/Ban).

In fact, FDA could have proposed a very reasonable and responsible regulatory scheme for e-cigs as tobacco products (just as FDA had originally proposed for large premium cigars).

But of course, Mitch Zeller chose to continue protecting the revenue and profits of his former employer (GlaxoSmithKline) by banning all lifesaving vapor products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread