Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
While the state of anarchy can exist, it's usually somewhat limited. We tend to think of places with either not much government or "bad" governments as "anarchistic" compared to the US. But really, terror cells are pretty focused and governed by their own "set" of rules and requirements.

I think the closest one might get to "anarchy" would be living off the grid, solo, and I, for one, will admit that I would find it deeply, deeply boring.

Also, one function of the government is to exist as a body one can cite when unhappy with ones lot. Ironically, some governments seem to do better with MORE collectivism, not less. The US appears to enjoy a roiling, constantly shifting state of "rules" and "procedures."

Also, whenever I think "anarchy" I think of those times I watched the English government do stuff, and it's not unusual for physical fights to break out, REALLY! At least back then. That tells me that becoming a politician reduces ones level of civility-- almost anywhere at all in the known human world. Seriously, if you want anarchy, go into politics. There are "so many" rules and they get broken, hushed up and reinvented all the time, especially in the US.

The FDA upcoming "ban" on flavors is one such anachronistic act-- taking something they at first seemed positive about, and finding a way to ruin it. The US government somehow seems to have too few rules and too many, all at once. It's why it's stable in my opinion (at least relatively). Politicians can hang out, knowing they will get their chances to "change" "steal" whatever it is they would like to do. Etc.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see the ultimate outcome. I expect almost anything other than sane policy, but I'm a bit of a pessimist at the moment. Even though I just ordered a ton more flavorings yesterday. They won't keep forever. Of course, neither will "this" FDA. So we just gotta get active, personally but also as a group. Here's hoping.

Anna
Pointless factoid: The two examples of anarchy generally cited are “the terror” which was literally the name of the government after the French Revolution just before Napoleon, and the period in Afghanistan after the soviet withdrawal and before the Taliban. While arguably limited the terror was so tremendously chaotic that it amounted to complete anarchy.

I would add high level business to government in your observation.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Ant this is why I was asking about shelf life of flavor concentrates earlier. Maybe we really should be stockpiling those in addition to nicotine.
    They are referring to pre-mixed flavored juice.
    The flavorings we use for DIY should be safe from regulation, unless you use tobacco flavors which may be a problem.
    There was a reason Bull City Vapors changed their name to Bull City Flavors.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    The flavorings we use for DIY should be safe from regulation, unless you use tobacco flavors which may be a problem.

That’s a relief.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I spose I can live without em if I had to

Beamslider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 29, 2017
    San Francisco

untar

Vaping Master
    Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    I will add my own anecdote in relation to the nicotine addiction theory.
    Since I started vaping I have reduced my overall daily intake of nicotine from 54mg/day to now 15-30mg/day.
    The reduction was not planned nor forced, I reduced when I had the feeling I had too much nicotine with the usual symptoms like dizzyness or too harsh vapor.

With any other drug associated with physical addiction, this is not what would be expected at all. Consistently, addicted users crave ever higher doses which frequently results in overdoses. This is true for the "hard" drugs as well as alcohol.
    How can nicotine be regarded in the same way?

Is there even one single user here who consistently upped their daily nicotine dose over the years?

As I said, this is purely anecdotal and by no means a proof of anything, but it sure makes me think about claims that "nicotine is a highly addictive substance" differently.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    It is not possible to know how much nicotine you are actually getting absorbed. Cigarettes have between 8 mg and 12 mg per cig in them on average. How much of that is taken in? No way to know but it certainly isn't all of or even close to all of it. So a pack might be 240 mg, maybe less, maybe more. Still you certainly aren't getting that much nicotine out of it.

Same with Vape juice. You know how much nic per ml but not how much is actually taken in and absorbed.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Underage vaping and underage sales is already illegal.

They might want to focus on that fact, and stop making the attempt to ruin the lives of millions upon millions of adults who ARE old enough to vape whatever they please, because some few kids managed to break the law...

So long as they make flavored alcohol, I want flavored ejuice available to me.. I'm almost 50 and I'll damn well vape any flavor I want.

People need to raise their own kids and stop expecting the government to do it.

No is no... beat your kids .... if he breaks rules but don't ruin my life because some people can't manage to raise their kids right.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Here it comes. Sigh. I DIY but it's going to be a PITA probably, and more difficult and annoying to get flavors in any type of base. So, once the time comes... I guess I will be figuring it all out.

I knew the FDA had it in for us, and here is rollout.... I'm glad I stocked up on things while I still could. I had NO FAITH whatsoever that the FDA, in any fashion, is looking out for vaping welfare.

Anna

Anna how do you store your flavor concentrates that you won’t be using in say at least 6 months? Thanks

Reactions: stols001

Dieseler

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    Mine a lifetime supply of real cig concentrated flavoring and menthol only for the Mrs stored in cobalt blue glass bottles in cardboard box stored in crawl space entrance closet very cool temp little over a year now and no change in flavor or color to date. The flavoring as mentioned is concentrated with no more than 2% needed in our personal diy formula.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chicagoland
    I realize this is pure speculation, but surely he is now aware that the CLOSED POD system called JUUL is now calling to the teens, and I rather quite doubt that they are doing it for the FLAVORS. Interesting that it was ignored, tolerated, etc.

I have two teens. They don't vape and they don't know that I vape. The kids don't call it "vaping" at the high school - they call it "JUULing", no kidding.

rob33

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2009
    A World Traveler
    Nicotine should be one of the least worries about protecting our children. With 50x the number dying from the American diet doesn't concern the FDA. Wonder where them payoffs are going. With a fast food chain on every corner there isn't a drug store already built, what could we be doing wrong...

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Seriously doubt the FDA would be that foolishly inept as to ban flavors. While seemingly this might put many vape vendors out of business, it would make independent juice makers out of a great many vapers. And that's the last thing in the world the bureaucrats should ever want to see is vapers realizing that vaping, DIY and rebuilding is more like cooking only to see us all take matters fully into our own hands.

Then again, stupid is as stupid does.

To attempt to constrain the marketplace and us all into the closed system pod model will require that they sow the seeds for their own demise. All they do is destroy the markets that they know. We the people create the markets.

Good luck. :)

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Seriously doubt the FDA would be that foolishly inept as to ban flavors. While seemingly this might put many vape vendors out of business, it would make independent juice makers out of a great many vapers . And that's the last thing in the world the bureaucrats should ever want to see is vapers realizing that vaping, DIY and rebuilding is more like cooking only to see us all take matters fully into their own hands.

Then again, stupid is as stupid does.

To constrain the marketplace and us all into the closed system pod model will require that they sow the seeds for their own demise. All they do is destroy the markets that they know. We the people create the markets.

Good luck. :)
    Well said. I'd vote for you.;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread