Status
Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Good news, thanks for the heads up, mwa.

who knows, maybe FDA is protecting the Big Guys who are about to get into the market, and will suspiciously "lift" the warnings on vaping once Big Corporate gets involved.

You know how the Big Corporate needs every ..um....head start and handicap. :) Otherwise they won't make lot of profit and that would be bad for shareholders on Wall Street.

cynical today I am

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I Really Like the Fact that the Test Liquids were “Flavored” and not just a Unflavored Nicotine Base.

I think that the Flavorings found inside e-liquids could be a Stumbling Block for saying that 2nd Hand Vapor is “Safe”.

Can you Imagine if Individual Flavors could be tested in the Manor and these Test Results were Published on the web. Sort of a “This Flavor has been Shown to Pose No Significant Risk in 2nd Hand Vapor” seal of Approval.

It would take a lot of wind out of the sails of People saying that 2nd Hand Vapor Might be Harmful Because we don’t know what Flavoring were used and if they are harmful.

Good Job Volcalek

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Testing various flavors is exactly what the Italian company Flavor Art is doing. The second recent study mentioned in my article, Clearstream Air, is funded by Flavor Art. I look forward to reading the details after the SRNT presentation.

If a Manufacture could show that a List of e-Liquid Flavorings do not pose a Significant Risk in the form of 2nd Hand Vapor, and a Retailer could show that they Only use Flavorings from the "Approved" List, it would go a Long Way with Policy Makers when deciding if a e-CG/Liquid ban is Necessary. And what type of Regulations are Needed.

I have used the terms ( and taken a Good amount of Flake over it) "Non-Winnable Fight" and "Compromise" when discussing e-Cig/Liquid Policies.

To me, a Non-Winnable Fight would be trying to keep e-Liquids being Sold in a Completely Unregulated Market. Whereas the Compromise would be Support for Regulations along the lines that Flavorings Used in e-Liquids must be come from an Approved List of Chemicals shown to Not Pose an Significant Risk.

I applaud FlavorArt for what they are doing. It is something that lends Credibility to a Position that e-Cigarettes can be Used as Harm Reduction.

The next step would be to have FlavorArt's Test results Verified by an Independent Laboratory so No Claim can be made that the Results were Statistically Biased because FlavorArt Funded the Testing and has a Monetary Interest in the Results.

Let's just pray that all this Doesn't come too late.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
If Elaine can still sign her full name and title on the article, it could have greater impact.

Most researchers and public health professionals won't even read an article (especially one dealing with scientific data) that is posted under a psuedonym.
I agree ...
It really can't be considered significant to professionals as a reference
unless the publication is signed by the author along with their title.
:2cool:

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
OK, Guys, done.

I had tried once before to change what is displayed as the byline and could not find it. Apparently the default is to display the "User Name"

After seeing these last two requests, I went back and kept poking around until I finally tracked down the control for this. I actually had to toggle OFF a preset control that read "Do not show my full real name."

Now, I am punting the action back to you, the readers. This page described what the site uses as criteria to develop a credibility rating for each report. Help :: Report Credibility :: allvoices - events, people, places that matter - tell us your news

Rating the story "up" and leaving comments help to build a higher score. And of course, sharing a story via Facebook or Twitter draws in more readers.

As of this time, the story has had 996 views, but only 3 people have clicked the "up" arrow button. The "Credibility" meter is at 2 of 5 bars.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread