Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
So by now everyone knows that the FDA announced an Advance Notice of Proposed Rule Making (ANPRM) in March 2018 and began the open comment period which was supposed to end in June. Well now it seems they have extended the commenting period from June to July 19, 2018. That doesn't really mean much. It just delays everything by a month.

Is this good news or bad news? I have no idea. I just figured others might like to know.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
So by now everyone knows that the FDA announced an Advance Notice of Proposed Rule Making (ANPRM) in March 2018 and began the open comment period which was supposed to end in June. Well now it seems they have extended the commenting period from June to July 19, 2018. That doesn't really mean much. It just delays everything by a month.

Is this good news or bad news? I have no idea. I just figured others might like to know.

@ScottP

I am working...can't go digging.
Please post the link for commenting - for those that might not have done so yet.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
@ScottP

I am working...can't go digging.
Please post the link for commenting - for those that might not have done so yet.

Please read the the official FDA Document here BEFORE commenting so you know what is being asked: Regulations.gov

To post a comment, click the "Comment Now!" button in the upper right corner of the white area on the page.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I commented. Here is what I wrote.
Comment:Thought experiment. If grownups vaped with no flavor and no nicotine kids would still be interested. If grownups vaped with flavors and nicotine, but with no visible vapor, the kids would not be interested. "It's the clouds bro'"; If flavor mattered kids wouldn't smoke. Cigarettes taste awful.

If a kid says he vaped in the past 30 days the survey should follow up by asking if he posesses his own ecig. Most of the time he will say no, he tried a friend's device. Then go ask the kid who owns the device how he got it and most of the time he will say his parents helped him.

I mix my own e liquid and use 1/10th or less of the flavoring commonly used. It is so little I never tire of the flavor and don't need flavor variety.

I remember my first puff on a cigarette oh so many years ago. I was watching a companion. I wasn't interested until he made a smoke ring. Then I had to give it a try. It's-the-clouds-bro.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread