FDA may soon propose regulation that could ban many/most e-cigarette products, eliminate many/most companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
Speaking of the EPA, who couldn't rule against 2nd hand smoke because there wasn't enough wrong with it... Where are the real data sheets, the ones where any body can see for themselves that Glantz tore apart the 5% harmful! and made a case out of it?
Senior citizens are being evicted from their homes, workers from their jobs, families from their insurance, businesses have gone bust, .., all because of spin doctors and politics. Why? How do we get our footing back, wake up the masses, join rights together to protect our rights, their rights, ... It's definitely time for a fact based revolution.

Valhalla17

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Houston, TX, USA
Okay we put down the guns. We have no argument left. They win, even if we find it objectionable. We will slump back off into the reject society they punitively say we belong to, since we know we can't escape from their power.. We will just submissively board the trains leaving for prison camps. Or we will fight against horrible odds, that will certainly be the slaughter of most of everything that makes life a beautiful day. It's a tough nut to crack and terrible decision with questionable outcomes? Accept what? To agree to disagree with everyone and everything going on in your life? To be eyed with suspicion and hatred? To be BLAMED, SHAMED and TAXED while dying for it? Did nicotine do this to me? LOL Is this Karma for having brain that likes nicotine? Many, many questions. Who is ultimately responsible for the fact that I chose and continue to choose to use nicotine in a very enjoyable way?

Yes!!!! Now that is a post, Lisa on my list of heros now :toast:

Tom_E_Calm7

Jun 23, 2010
FL
You know I haven't been here in a while. But, I knew this would happen if we all just lied down like good little sheeple thinking this would all go away. Once again our ban happy government sodomizes our rights while we wait till the last hour to FINALLY try and grabastically fumble around and rally for the cause. I have been screaming this for 3 years. Too little too late now! How convenient that our lethargic government is shut down. If they were true representatives of the people for the people then they would go to work and keep the websites up and running that deal with these petitions. They are all down until the excrement we hired to represent us can finally stop its childish " I quit" mentality and be the mature and wise officials we elected and expect.
I have said before and I'll say it again... F you FDA!! we are smarter than you!! vg, pg, flavors, all easily accessible. Oh yeah, I can extract nic too. You wanna ban it????
then you can call me :evil:HEI$ENBURG:evil:. CAUSE :banana:I'll be selling it EVERYWHERE!!!:banana:
:mad:STICK UP YOUR MIDDLE FINGER AND SAY NO!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Thanks for adding one more item to the black market you idiots...:facepalm::confused:
and BTW..........
:ohmy:China is gonna freak!!!:ohmy:

Ruby_Red_Shoes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
Cleveland OH
To reiterate the many posters who urge the dissemination of truth via first-hand account, 'Over the past dozen years, sourcing and flak have also strengthened as mechanisms of elite influence. Media centralization and the reduction of resources devoted to journalism have made the media more dependent than ever on the primary definers who both make the news and subsidize the media by providing accessible and cheap copy.' Excerpt from Manufacturing Consent - ES Herman - N Chomsky (1988-2002). And here we are a dozen years later and more of the 'same old same old'.

Lisa Belle

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Sylvania, OH
www.lisabelle-artist.com
"SMOKE STACK LIGHTNING THE BELLS ALL SHINE LIKE GOLD...." ..."EOOO EWE EW...." Thank you Howlin Wolf..
THEM THAT HAS DA GOLD MAKE DA RULES.... WE NEED MONEY FOR POSITIVE PR! YESTERDAY AND A HALF!!! Still it would be good to git us some of that! Think there is a plan for such things. Got to fight fire with fire. On Click Bang Radio

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC

no... but i did see a posting on the CASAA Facebook that confirmed the Deeming regulations had been submitted for Regulatory review on Oct 1.

http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAgendaViewRule?pubId=201304&RIN=0910-AG38

The Family Smoking Prevention and tobacco Control Act (tobacco Control Act) provides the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authority to regulate cigarettes, cigarette tobacco, roll-your-own tobacco, and smokeless tobacco. The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act), as amended by the Tobacco Control Act, permits FDA to issue regulations deeming other tobacco products to be subject to the FD&C Act. This proposed rule would deem products meeting the statutory definition of "tobacco product" to be subject to the FD&C Act and would specify additional restrictions.

Which unless I'm very much mistaken... would mean that, as Mr Godshall has pointed out, the FDA is planning to Ban All Ecigs.

Last edited:

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
Also, notable in the above linked document:

Priority: Economically Significant

International Impacts: This regulatory action will be likely to have international trade and investment effects, or otherwise be of international interest.

The "for the children" argument just went out the window.... it's "for the MONEY"

Lisa Belle

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Sylvania, OH
www.lisabelle-artist.com
I read the whole thing can't believe it, it's written by criminals. LOL not funny really. Though, the holes in these legislative directives are emmensely obvious, they are proving that controlling smokers money which is obviously more important than progressing forward, thus scapegoating retailers as the reason youths are smoking is hidious and a frightening pointer to the police state we now live under. I doubt seriously whether retailers are doing that in any number what so ever. Teens get cigarettes off their parents dressers and older buds buy cigs for them. Quite a read. I may sound cold and callous in saying this, but I think heavier fines and even limited incarceration, for teens caught smoking might be deterents to them brazinly defying laws and destroying the effacacy of Electronic Nicotine Devices that are saving millions of adult smoker's lives.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
no... but i did see a posting on the CASAA Facebook that confirmed the Deeming regulations had been submitted for Regulatory review on Oct 1.

View Rule

Which unless I'm very much mistaken... would mean that, as Mr Godshall has pointed out, the FDA is planning to Ban All Ecigs.

Also, notable in the above linked document:

The "for the children" argument just went out the window.... it's "for the MONEY"
Oh My. I hope that's not going to happen, but in light of obama's easier importation law, for resellers to keep making tax money on them while big tobacco is run out of business...
My God, talk about criminal activities. Makes me almost want to go back to smoking to help them farmers out. Isn't there a lawyer word for what's being done to them?

Money talks loud and clear. It's not even under public health concerns, it's under investments... Good catch!!

Lisa Belle

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Sylvania, OH
www.lisabelle-artist.com
Also: The terms notice them if you follow this link to read it. (Tobacco Products) in your car. They Big Pharma has managed to have all there money receivers changing the NO SMOKING to NO TOBACCO PRODUCTS... the very same term the FDA uses to describe E-Cigarettes they are Tobacco Products, even though we all know there is no tobacco in them.... la la la!
Check this out a couple hours ago the Fox NBC evening news teaser.... mentioned a new Michigan law that will fine anyone smoking in their car with anyone else under the age of 18. 500.00 In a state with the highest unemployment, punish the poor, punish them! Make them pay! Facism is Vast and Fast! MI Representative to Introduce No Smoking in Vehicles Bill - FOX 47 News

:evil:

Last edited:

Lisa Belle

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Sylvania, OH
www.lisabelle-artist.com
I'm reading this SFATA tells Congress that the FDA is wrong for classifying thus deeming E-Cigarettes as Tobacco Products, the new catch all that the ANTZ and law makers are glomming onto. http://www.sfata.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/OMB-Letter10.17.13.pdf

I can and hopefully this is not just wishful thinking see this LAW Group presenting these arguments to the United States Supreme Court, once the question and answer period begins after it is disclosed what "deeming" or dumbing up E-Cigarettes is in print and decided by our elected trusted servants that are back in their seats on their butts doing very little to change anything at all. THANK YOU
TODD A. HARRISON! :vapor: :rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll:

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
It could take at least two years or more to settle this in the courts. If the FDA can regulate rolling papers as tobacco products, why not anything related to vaping? Without a temporary restraining order, the vaping industry could be shut down for a period that would put most suppliers out of business.

Do you have that much e-juice or nicotine base? Or will you be among the panic buyers who lose out?

Do you have that many cartomizers (if that's your thing)? Are you saving the empties to boil as a last resort?

Do you have that many clearomizer heads (if that's your thing)? Do you save the old ones for rebuilding?

Do you have rebuildable atomizers that can forever use still-available resistance wire and wick (i.e. cotton balls)? And parts or spares of those atomizers?

Do you have life-time or multi-generational quality mechanical mods you can repair yourself if your electronic mod warranty provider is gone?

Think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread