FDA / Petition, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may have been posted already, but why don't all of the big e-cig vendors offer discounts to those people that can prove they signed the petition? Having the user send their # on the petition should be more than enough to prove it was indeed signed?

The reason I ask, is because I've seen a few posts from the e-cig vendors stating they would take legal action... if they are willing to spend money on lawyers, why not kick the petition signing into high gear by offering discounts?

Everyone likes to save money, even if it's just free shipping... and most people that would not normally sign can be motivated to sign if they know they are getting a reduction in price.

Sorry for replying to my own post... Just had to vent a little. Just like everyone else in this forum, I've found the ecig to be an amazing device! I'm new to it all (1 month now) but I'd like to think I have it figured out. I've read everything there is to read, I've talked with others, I've talked with multiple sellers, I've tried juice, carts, 103, 901, 112 and I have an opinion on each device. Borderline fanatic I guess but how could you NOT be!?! Brilliant, exciting and life changing all in one!

In just 4 weeks I've noticed less coughing, less congestion, easier to breath, no feeling like I'm going to have a heart attack when I shovel snow, house smells nice, truck smells nice, no heavy lungs, no ashes, working all day with no "smoke breaks", no urge to smoke!!! Not even a little!

And now I'm being told a device that brings all of these good things into my life will soon be impossible to get! Why...? Because the govt can't stand to see someone else profit. That Is the ENTIRE issue... No debating! It had nothing to do with MY safety! If that were the case cigarettes would have been outlawed years ago! It comes down to one group needing time to figure out if they should kill the device or figure out a way to tax nicotine and make the device creators pay a huge fee!

I have a feeling they will try to kill the device!

So what do I do now? I have enough carts / juice to last a month at most. I have orders that will probably be rejected or hugely delayed and I have no urge to quit OR go back to analogs!

When I saw the petition I thought great, this thing will have 10,000 signatures the first day and thousands more every additional day. Instead I see just over 1000 signatures. How is this even possible!?! Why aren't dealers pooling data, emailing customers, asking for donations toward an independant study or legal repesentative at the very least!?!

I've gotten at least 6 smokers to sign and 1 non smoker that sees how much better this device has made my life. What is everyone else doing!?!

Every day more and more of our rights are being taken away... Now WE have a chance to literally change the world (smoking gone, tobacco profits gone. Wouldn't it be nice to say "my generation broke the cycle"... Or "we used to light this garbage on fire and actually inhale it... Until the people rose up"

A little over the top... I know... But guys!!! This is a fight we can win! Tests have been done... Important people agree with US, I don't think anyone feels age restrictions are bad, I don't think anyone would mind paying a "little" more to know the suppliers are being checked, the quality is never going to be bad"... And most important I'm sure we all agree it is our right to choose which method for getting nicotine is right for us!

TheBandit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I agree with your rant, NeHe. It just seems so blatantly obvious that this has to do with a power trip, lobbying money, and a general govt "Big Brother" thing, as opposed to our health. I find it astounding that cigarettes, which before all the other chemicals were added (alot of them also being addictive), the whole point was the nicotine rush. To have no FDA regulation on cigarettes (even though that may be just around the corner), and this sudden lustful hatred towards the e-cigs is mind boggling. I truly believe that it makes me dumber when I try to wrap my mind around this.

To me, this shows how utterly asleep this nation is. I mean, this should be outrageous to people, smokers and non-smokers alike.

Careful regulation of products for the safety of the public is one thing. But, blind beurocracy is quite another. The US govt is quickly and scarily reminding more of the Vogons in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Anyway, back on topic. I do think that Kissysmom is right. Suppliers have done their due diligence by posting a link to the petition...at least those that have. The only other thing that can be done is for us to do what you are doing. Which I am doing as well.

SABOTEUR

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Baltimore MD USA
Your post, NeHe, seems to describe the quiet panicky feeling I've experienced since learning about the potential ban. And it's all the more frustrating because it makes absolutely no sense. As you so accurately stated, if our safety were the real issue, why haven't cigarettes been targeted?

When I first found the petition (March 23rd), there was only 36 signatures. There's no way, I thought, this petition will ever reach a goal of 10,000.

I think I might have jumped to the wrong conclusion too quickly.

Signatures have grown steadily over the last 5 days...

...and show no sign of leveling off.

At some point, we'll have to figure out the best way to present this petition to our legislators. I might be naive but I can't see how such glowing testimonials for our product can be easily ignored. Better minds that mine, though, will have to figure this all out.

In the meantime, I intend to hold my panic in check and enjoy being smoke free for as long as I can.

I'd advise you to do the same.

Last edited:
thank you for the speedy replies. As I mentioned in my second post I may come across as ranting, fanatical, etc ... But in all honesty I am just passionate about this product and towards a government that is becoming more and more corrupt / controlling.

It might be worth mentioning that my spouse found all of this news quite entertaining and went on to explain that the majority of what was written in the paper today (ctv as well) is full of holes, half truths and violations to our rights. She's a lawyer btw.

I never thought about discounts coming across as bribery... So thank you for your insight. It's good to see others at least understand what it is I'm trying to say.

This is the perfect venue to have these conversations and I would love to hear from others!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread