Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I agree with you, but that's IF they don't plummet. ...

Ah... But here's the Rub. And what makes things almost Foolproof.

The FDA controls what Data that is used to determine if there Is a Problem. Or if the "Problem" is getting better. Or Not.

FDA misleads public about DHHS survey data on teen vaping

Now maybe the FDA will suddenly Turn Over a new leaf? And for the 1st Time since I've been following the FDA (since late 2009) they will come clean and Actually hit us with the Truth?

But the "Truth" to the FDA is whatever supports their current Agenda. Even if it Flies in the Face of Scientific Data. Or runs completely Counter to what someone like UK Health has supported. So I'm Not exactly holding my breath.

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Ah... But here's the Rub. And what makes things almost Foolproof.

The FDA controls what Data is used to determine if there Is a Problem. Or if the "Problem" is getting better. Or Not.

FDA misleads public about DHHS survey data on teen vaping

Now maybe the FDA will suddenly Turn Over a new leaf? And for the 1st Time since I've been following the FDA (since late 2009) they will come clean and Actually hit us with the Truth?

But the "Truth" to the FDA is whatever supports their current Agenda. Even if it Flies in the Face of Scientific Data. Or runs completely Counter to what someone like UK Health has supported. So I'm Not exactly holding my breath.
Since when does the government ever admit they were wrong......when hell freezes over is when...won't happen.

:)

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Most of the kids in my area use juul. It's cheap, easy to use, and not as messy.
juul is anything but cheap to use. $4.00 for a 0.7ml pod. The ingredients for my DIY cost me about $5.00 per month. But yes, juul is convenient, and they love the form factor, which make it very concealable.

My understanding is the company is already ditching many of their flavors in hopes of kissing FDA ..... Are these kids really going to move to open systems, when JUUL is, essentially, a teenager's wet dream? They're more likely to go to tobacco.
Hard to say. Actual smoking seems to be regarded as uncool now. My guess is refillable pods will become popular.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... My understanding is the company is already
ditching many of their flavors in hopes of kissing FDA ..... Are these kids really going to move to open systems, when JUUL is, essentially, a teenager's wet dream? They're more likely to go to tobacco.

Really Doubt It.

Kids today have received a Healthy Dose of the Evils of Smoking. Which is a Good thing.

There is also a Factor which isn't mentioned much when it comes to Underage Vaping. And that is it is Very Easy to get away with.

Think back when you were a Teen. How long did you (or someone you knew) have to wait after smoking a Cigarette before it was "safe" to go home and talk with your Parents and they couldn't Smell it? And or, How many Cigarettes could you Smoke before your Cloths took on the Smoking Reek?

Teens can just about Vape in their Room at home. Same with at School.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
This man has clearly allowed the power of his position to color his words and phrases. Does his statements like "I clearly cannot allow" disturb anyone else. I find it ghastly and totally out of bounds.

It sure disturbs me.. I keep calling him Al Capone With a Badge.
He's gone absolutely insane out of his mind with power.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
If I were still a menthol smoker (as I was for about the first half of my smoking "career"), I'd find a way to make it work. I don't know what that way is, but I'm sure people will figure it out. Probably involves a solvent that evaporates more quickly than water. Maybe alcohol?
Simply add menthol to the filter silly.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Flavored or unflavored the kids will use it because someone told them not to.
Sadly there is a lot of truth to that. It could taste like and be advertised as moose poop flavor and it wouldn't matter. Many kids will take it up because they are not supposed to. I did.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
What a load of obtuse fact. Flavored or unflavored the kids will use it because someone told them not to.

Yeah... But the "Save the Children" Train is one that So Many will punch their Ticket to be on. So who cares if it Doesn't go down the track that is says it does?

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
It makes sense for Juul to shut down company sponsored social media. They could have announed that the flavored cartridges would be available in vape and tobacco shops, or may be I missed something. If it's strictly from Juul they could take a hit on sales but margins would be higher so may be they would land on their feet.

Another thing to consider. America is rich, we buy a lot of stuff, including vape stuff, but America has only 4% of the smokers in the world. Juul will sell in other places besides it's home country.

I think government ends up with egg on their face. Ecigs will be harder to get than cigarettes? It doesn't sound right. There are going to be some interesting court cases.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
I cant go for one company being effectively banned and not all. I may have first learned of ProVape via FB. I use FB, Twitter, occassionally others, I consider Tapatalk and forums as social media, dont you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The government never intended for it to die. I think they were kind of loitering around WAITING for an opportunity frankly. Etc.

The general public doesn't differentiate ecig from ecig, it would have been whatever was most popular.

LOL I am starting to think the overpopulation movement is right-- don't have ANY kids and save the planet. I am of course, kidding, I mean I tell that movement "If you feel this way, you need to suicide immediately if the earth is that important." They never do, but yeah, no kids no problems except the government would find something else they'd say pets would die from second hand vape (and yes there was a "Truth" ad to that effect about smoking) and I was like YOU LOT ARE WACK.

But we know this already.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread