FDA To Take Action but admit they just don't know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
"MARTIN: So you don't know the answer - we don't know the answer yet to whether or not these are a safer alternative than cigarettes.

GOTTLIEB: I think that there's a strong presumption that they are. If we were to migrate all adult smokers onto e-cigarettes, we would have a net public health benefit."

FDA To Take Action Against Companies That Sell Vape Pens To Teens

"GOTTLIEB: Well, there's two ways we can look at e-cigarettes. One is as a tobacco product. The other is as a drug product."

Sounds like protection for BT and BP.

Attachments

• FDA To Take Action without answers - GOTTLIEB.pdf
    10.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
One of the things we're going to be putting out soon are guidelines on how companies can test these products to establish how harmful are they to the lungs, if they're harmful at all.
Now that will be interesting, and only about 22 years(assuming they come out this year) later than they were supposed to come out with tobacco industry guidelines.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
vaping's a drug now? Oh my, that must mean the FDA is doing their thing. Vaping's a drug, because anything the FDA touches becomes a "drug."

I really feel the FDA needs to expand their reach, some, because I'd like to be classified as a "drug" too. I'd be expensive, dangerous, and I come with a WHOLE lot of side effects. LOL.

Anna

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread