FDA trying to regulate the human body as a drug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cba191

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Salt Lake City

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
Hmmm....interesting article :D.

"This time the FDA just nakedly says in court documents that the agency wants to protect the market for FDA-approved drugs. No more beating around the bush—their agenda is right out in the open! This appears to be a novel interpretation of the Food Drug and Cosmetic Act (FD&C), as evidenced by the government’s failure to cite any judicial precedent for their argument."

ETA:
See http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/legislation-news/263430-call-vigilance-past.html

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Hmmm....interesting article :D.

"This time the FDA just nakedly says in court documents that the agency wants to protect the market for FDA-approved drugs.

So funny - the same agency that approves so many drugs that later turn out to be worse than the disease they were trying to prevent... Anyone read the side effects on most drugs on the market (scary to say the least)...

Everytime my doctor gives me a new prescription I research them before I take them and if I do not like what I find - I ask for alternatives.

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
Reminds me vaguely of when companies providing free computer to phone number communication were shut down by the FCC because it was unfair to the phone companies. Now we have similar services (ie Vontage) but they must charge enough not to undercut the companies under the protection? of the FCC.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Reminds me vaguely of when companies providing free computer to phone number communication were shut down by the FCC because it was unfair to the phone companies. Now we have similar services (ie Vontage) but they must charge enough not to undercut the companies under the protection? of the FCC.

Yup, these corporation need as much protection as they can get. Take Verizon Communications and Verizon Wireless. Two separate companies, although Verizon is majority owner of VW they handle their customers completely separate. I've had to keep my landline for a few reasons, but paying close to $80 for it was ridiculous. I was at the VW store and saw Phone Connect. For $29 or $39 and $10/mo I could sign a 2 year contract and basically make my landline wireless (works great btw). To do the turnoff and turn on was harder than when I switched my wireless carrier from Tmobile.

While I was there a FIOS rep was selling their package. I've been trying to get FIOS since its inception but was told it would be perhaps a decade before it came to our area. FIOS is run by Verizon Communications, but there they are selling their wares in the Wireless store. A few months after doing the conversion, the FIOS trucks showed up on my street, they ran the lines and I should be getting access sometime this year.

Now if I want to minimize my communications cost by getting triple play to cover TV, Internet and phone, I'll have to pay an early termination fee to Verizon Wireless to install a Verizon Communications product. Either way, Verizon takes more of my money. Only in America, land of the free to corporations. Not so much for the people these days.

Vap0rJay

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Maryland
Yup, these corporation need as much protection as they can get. Take Verizon Communications and Verizon Wireless. Two separate companies, although Verizon is majority owner of VW they handle their customers completely separate. I've had to keep my landline for a few reasons, but paying close to $80 for it was ridiculous. I was at the VW store and saw Phone Connect. For $29 or $39 and $10/mo I could sign a 2 year contract and basically make my landline wireless (works great btw). To do the turnoff and turn on was harder than when I switched my wireless carrier from Tmobile.

While I was there a FIOS rep was selling their package. I've been trying to get FIOS since its inception but was told it would be perhaps a decade before it came to our area. FIOS is run by Verizon Communications, but there they are selling their wares in the Wireless store. A few months after doing the conversion, the FIOS trucks showed up on my street, they ran the lines and I should be getting access sometime this year.

Now if I want to minimize my communications cost by getting triple play to cover TV, Internet and phone, I'll have to pay an early termination fee to Verizon Wireless to install a Verizon Communications product. Either way, Verizon takes more of my money. Only in America, land of the free to corporations. Not so much for the people these days.

When I switched from ATT to Verizon the load of crap I got about porting my # from a different carrier was insane and frustrating... That is until I said f-it all I'm cancelling ATT outright and simply not going to carry a cell phone anymore period. Viola, I had my number ported over within 10 mins. Threaten the $$$ and suddenly they jump through hoops. Same with comcast cable. I have had HBO for $5 a month forever. As soon as the trial offer expires I tell them I want to cancel both my cable and internet and what do you know after "talking to a supervisor" I get the additional promo again. Sad but true...

CJsKee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2009
Oklahoma
When I switched from ATT to Verizon the load of crap I got about porting my # from a different carrier was insane and frustrating... That is until I said f-it all I'm cancelling ATT outright and simply not going to carry a cell phone anymore period. Viola, I had my number ported over within 10 mins. Threaten the $$$ and suddenly they jump through hoops. Same with comcast cable. I have had HBO for $5 a month forever. As soon as the trial offer expires I tell them I want to cancel both my cable and internet and what do you know after "talking to a supervisor" I get the additional promo again. Sad but true...

LOL...every time Cox raises our rates (almost monthly), my daughter calls and tells them we're switching to ATT -- they either lower the rate or give something for free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread