Fear-mongering in Milwaukee - 8 hospitalized

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Ypsilanti mi
Yeah... And the Frustrating thing (and something that can be Widely Overlooked) is if a Media Outlet(s) will Spin Things like they have with this "vaping is making people get sick", what else are they Putting Spin On?

Or maybe a Better question:

Are there things that Media Outlets are Not putting Spin On?

These days, I'm thinking that the answer to your "Better question" is probably not.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Are there things that Media Outlets are Not putting Spin On?

No. There are not. This also extends to search engines etc.

Man. It's horrible. I feel so bad for all those people. It's one thing to buy a bag of Oregano but THIS?

For the LIFE of me I CAN NOT understand why the media (and associated populace) hate is focused on "vaping' "anything" instead of figuring out what particular drug delivery crew is doing this, and finding them and locking them up for life (I would say, killing them but I am anti the death penalty.)

THIS is the real issue damn it!!! You know, the more complicated drugs become, the easier it is to adulterate them in ways that KILL people. I think certain states are looking at only offering "the leaf" rather than more concentrated stuff, but geez that puts kids with CRAYZEEE seizure disorders who do need some level of concentration in a bind.

FEDERAL GOVERNMENT I IMPLORE YOU. JUST LEGALIZE IT. EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING. For the love of GOD people are DYING out there just because of all this. JUST END the war on drugs, tax the drugs that are pure and regulated, and freaking FIX the roads BUILD THE WALL I don't CARE what! Line your own pockets partially (we know you will) but Jesus just LEGALIZE already and make a SMALL portion of the tax money you make give help to addicts who want it and have some regulatory oversight of teens,

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO IT I AM DONE!!!!!!!!!!! Argh. Our society is insane.

Also, I am of the belief that the saying that should be currently enact is "First, kill all the JOURNALISTS."

We really need some new muckrakers on the scene. Tempting.

Anna

plumeguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
These Here United States
As long as the term "e-cigarette" covers both e-Nicotine vape products and e-C@nnabis vape products we will lose this PR fight.

Imagine if the term "bottled water" covered both bottles of H2O and bottles of EtOH (ethanol).

"Tonight at 9: Bottled water addict crashes his car into City Hall".

Over and over and over again.

Anyone have any ideas?

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
As long as the term "e-cigarette" covers both e-Nicotine vape products and e-C@nnabis vape products we will lose this PR fight.

Imagine if the term "bottled water" covered both bottles of H2O and bottles of EtOH (ethanol).

"Tonight at 9: Bottled water addict crashes his car into City Hall".

Over and over and over again.

Anyone have any ideas?
That's a defeatist attitude. And it's really not just a PR problem, but deliberate lying by the health establishment, which the media go along with (because they've never had the guts to disagree).

As Michael Siegel says, "The answer, I believe, is that these organizations have such a pre-conceived conclusion that vaping is hazardous and such a bias against the use of e-cigarettes for smoking cessation that they are hoping to be able to attribute these cases to traditional nicotine vaping."
The Rest of the Story: Tobacco and Alcohol News Analysis and Commentary: IN MY VIEW: CDC and Health Groups' Bias Against E-Cigarettes is Putting Kids' Lives at Risk

We should be constantly pointing out that it's the other stuff that's to blame.

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
Cases vaping [T-word] oil: California 21 of 21; New Mexico 8 of 8; Wisconsin 24 of 27. This is 95%.

"A fascinating question is why health officials are failing to describe this as an e-[c-word] problem, rather than a'vaping' or 'e-cigarette' problem. I don't think there's any doubt why: the CDC and other health agencies have demonstrated a strong bias against e-cigarettes from the beginning and are taking advantage of this unique opportunity to further bash e-cigarettes. They've been doing that for years. Only now, there's one difference. The health and lives of many youths are imminently at risk."
The Rest of the Story: Tobacco and Alcohol News Analysis and Commentary: DHHS Secretary's Statement on "E-Cigarette-Related" Respiratory Illnesses is Irresponsible; Does Not Even Mention E-Cannabis

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
"
But it was only after she woke up from her coma that she learnt of the real damage the habit had caused.

"I had fat particles growing inside my lungs that were related to the glycerin in vape juice," Nelson said.

"So then my lungs were full of fluid. They said that my chest X-rays were one of the worst they've ever seen.""

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/heal...ter-vaping-every-day-for-three-years-c-431807

Do we know anything more about this? A friend of mine just posted this on Facebook and if we have anything to the contrary on this case, I'd like to post it to her.

Last edited:
  • Useful

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
to the glycerin in vape juice
Not all VG is created equal. So "the glycerin" is too monolithic.

As far as the article goes, IDK. We don't have a lot of history on vaping, but from what I can tell, with millions of vapers, I'd guess it's either that she had some cheap/bad VG and/or there's more to this than we can know from the article. I suppose it's possible she's uniquely susceptible to some problem that millions of others managed to avoid for a decade, but that's pretty unlikely.

If I were the CDC or FDA I'd be getting samples of that juice. And testing any sputum, and looking for substances (probably too late).

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Don't fell Bad. I sent Duncan Hunter a check for $100.00. And I Don't even Live in his district.

So Michigan has Fallen. Well that's just :censored: Great.

:facepalm:

It's all probably going to ride a wave of hysteria. Thanks to these illegal-drug-dealer guys. 2nd related death just announced in Oregon.

"Vaping".
"Save the children".

Etc.

All this before the "big day" in your sig. IDK if this is all just situational and coincidental or what, but it smells and sucks.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It's all probably going to ride a wave of hysteria. Thanks to these illegal-drug-dealer guys. 2nd related death just announced in Oregon.

"Vaping".
"Save the children".

Etc.

All this before the "big day" in your sig. IDK if this is all just situational and coincidental or what, but it smells and sucks.

Yeah... It is all kinda Dissolving into Mob Rule at the Electoral Level.

And a Good Example of how when the Media Shapes the Narrative, that there has to be a Response by those who Claim to Govern.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread