Fear of being desensitized?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapola

Jul 19, 2009
Hi all,

First of all, let me say how grateful I am to have found this forum ;) It feels great to be surrounded by like-minded people!
Here is my story and my fear. I first tried e-cig back in January. My father (a heavy smoker for many years) was able to switch to e-cigs entirely. He got a cheap brand at the mall and amazingly it worked for him. I got the same e-cig as he did and was able to almost painlessly switch to vaping immediately. I was analog free for about 3 months and even decreased vaping. Then 3 months later, I started smoking analogs again. I feel so guilty and stupid but we were on vacation and my husband (who smokes analog) tempted me:mad:. I went back to analogs for 3 months! I tried going back to my e-cig but it was not working well (like I said, it was a cheap mall variety that looks like a real cig). I kept getting discouraged. Then I stumbled upon this forum and was inspired to try again. I had just ordered my first real thing - Prodigy 901 and now am waiting (probably will take around 2 weeks).
While I am waiting I am also worrying what if I desensitized myself and vaping (even with a high quality product like Prodigy) will not satisfy me again. What I am wondering if there is anyone outhere who switched to vaping successfully, then went back to smoking analogs and was able to vape again and quit analogs again. Is there hope for me? I am not extremely heavy smoker - Parliaments lights, about 10-12/day. I can easily go for 5-6 hours without one, especially if busy, working or with the kids.

Hoping to get some encouragement here

-vapola

Antebellum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Madison, GA
Hi, Vapola,

I wouldn't worry. Vaping should be a no-drama event. It's perfectly acceptable to have a pack of cigs handy when vaping. If it worked for you before, it will work again. Just wait until the cigs get stale or taste bad, and then throw them out. (Or stick them in a freezer bag in the fridge, if that's comforting.)

Do spend some time reading in the Puresmoker forum, though. The Prodigy needs a little care and feeding with the 901 I hear (get a bunch of spare atomizers) :D so it's better to be forewarned than wondering.

vapola

Jul 19, 2009
Hi, Vapola,

I wouldn't worry. Vaping should be a no-drama event. It's perfectly acceptable to have a pack of cigs handy when vaping. If it worked for you before, it will work again. Just wait until the cigs get stale or taste bad, and then throw them out. (Or stick them in a freezer bag in the fridge, if that's comforting.)

Do spend some time reading in the Puresmoker forum, though. The Prodigy needs a little care and feeding with the 901 I hear (get a bunch of spare atomizers) :D so it's better to be forewarned than wondering.

Thank you! I ordered 3 extra atomizers and 2 more batteries, so once the stuff arrives, I will be in business, hopefully! As for cigarettes, unless I convince my husband to switch to vaping, I will have the analogs around indefinitely...

vapola

Jul 19, 2009
I would think, that even if you did both, and only managed to substitute vaping for cigarettes part of the time, the net result would be better than smoking analogs entirely. So there's that!

Well, that is the thing. It felt wonderful to be just vaping and I am so hopeful that I can do it again. That is why I am wondering if there is someone on this forum who vaped exclusively then went to analogs exclusively for some time and then was able to vape again, with no analogs to supplement....

Zofryer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Near DC
zofryer.com
I have the prodigy, and I have a friggin monsterous dual atomizer 6v mod I built. I use the mod about 50/50 with the prodigy at home. It's just convenient for having two different flavors handy. I *think* you can hit a wall with it because even though the mod hits a lot harder than the prodigy, I'm not feeling like the prodigy is *weak* at all. I do feel that way about my 3.7 volt 801 and 510 devices now. They do next to nothing for me : /. But I use the Prodigy while driving, and all day at work, and I never miss my dual atomizer 6v mod. Hope this helps.

Ehvam

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2009
New York, NY
I was waiting for an order that took almost two weeks to get to me. At that point I had been analog free for almost a week, and had been vaping for about a week before that with very very few analogs. While waiting for the order to come in, my pv broke and I had to go to analogs for about 3-4 days.
I had no problem going back to vaping exclusively in almost no time. I had to re-ween myself again.. and every once in a while I get an itch for a analog. And when I have it I regret it.
A suggestion: order some nice e-juice. A sampler pack from Nuvape or something. And that way you'll have fun exploring new flavors, and I promise you will think about that flavor whenever you do pick up an analog.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I live with a smoker, today is the first time I ever coughed while he was smoking in the same room! I have been off analogs for 3 months and up until last week, both my husband and mom smoked around me. It never bothered me.
I haven't tried an analog since I quit..too chicken! But I believe you will do fine the second time around..or the 100th! As long as you try, you succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread