Feb-2022 Purchase - Appears Fake Panasonic NCR18650B Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently purchased (Feb-2022) a few batteries from an Australian retailer that were listed as genuine Panasonic NCR18650B batteries. They where purchased with the spot welded tabs on them. I've taken photos showing a side by side with another Panasonic NCR18650B battery that I purchased elsewhere and I'm confident is genuine. The genuine battery here has the button top and bottom protective circuit, therefore I can't show the what the top and bottom looks like without these so I've inluded some pictures at the bottom from lygte-info.dk for a comparison of what I assume all genuine Panasonic NCR18650 batteries should look like.

The most notable features of these batteries I purchases with the spot weld tabs, that appear to be fake are:
- Inset ring on base & dirt/grease where it should be flat & smooth
- No faint QR code near top (visible under the plastic wrap, printed on the can)
- No faint code near the bottom (visible under the plastic wrap, printed on the can)

Please can you give me your feedback on if you too think these batteries shown with the spot welded tabs are fake?

32kLKER.jpeg

wodpafk.jpg

uhOfy4S.jpg

0tGoJYm.jpg

7BpK8Ex.jpg

ACRbGlA.jpg

NOTE THE IMAGES BELOW ARE SHOWN FOR COMPARISON OF WHAT I BELIEVE GENUINE PANASONIC NCR18650B BATTERIES SHOULD LOOK LIKE. THEY ARE FROM THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE LINK FROM lygte-info.dk:
Test of Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mAh (Green)
5H1lqoY.jpg

6tkxbqI.jpg

XdKN6Xl.jpg

5j7LWEE.jpg

EqXS2eL.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread