Fed up of getting ripped off ? Wanted e juice in bulk !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SANJP

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2008
LONDON UK
DON'T KNOW IF ITS JUST ME OR ARE WE GETTING RIPPED OFF ON juice OR WHAT ?

I mean close to £20 PER 20ML with postage thats nearly as much as my

DSE901 STARTER KIT ITSELF !!

thats like buying a car for £10,000 and it costing you £7,000 to fill up the gas tank !​

I cant be the only one thinking about it !
and need your help and views people.

I NEED TO ORDER IT BY THE 100ml or LITRE

AND IM SURE MOST OF YOU REGULAR VAPERS LIKE ME WOULD TOO

HOW ABOUT £25 for 100ml and £100 a LITRE?

NOW THATS WHAT IT SHOULD BE

COME ON SUPPLIERS !

HOW ABOUT IT !​

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Brought over from the closed thread ....

(conversion for us US folk )

$29.69 USD for 20ml ... O my ...

SANJP, what are taxes/etc... like in the UK/EU world? Tobacco tax hasn't hit the USA ecig world yet, so we really just have our local state tax. Here in CA, its 8.25%. I also hear, taxes on getting imports is much much higher there than in the US too.

So, both those factors could come in to play with the pricing of the liquid. Just a thought

Far as I know its shelf life is 1 year +, if stored right (out of direct sun light, cool dry place, so on)
I have seen large quantities available, but from manufactures/suppliers and you need a minimum order of a few hundred dollars.
If i get a $20 30ml it will last almost a month, not sure why you would need a liter of the stuff.

SANJP

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2008
LONDON UK
Shelf Life is just a selling technique they have to store it too dont they ?

I cant believe they throw gallons of the stuff away at the end of the year !

and as for 20ml a month no way I only vape a few hours in a day and have gone through 3

20ml bottles in the last 2 weeks so yes I do need a 100ml and $30 Dollars or £20 is a

total rip off for 20ml of the stuff which is in most cases 65% PG

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
yup , e-liquid is FAR to expensive for what it is.

I feel some sellers are feeding of our addiction and some are no better than back street crack dealers or big tobacco in that light. The Factory makes it for pennies so some-one along the line is marking up prices to a ridiculous level , it may not be the people we buy it from but probably their middle-man.

But if you want it , you gotta get it somewhere

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
I was looking at the Central Trade site. $92 US, or about £60 for 1.2kg of e-liquid in a plain bottle (what's that going to be, a litre?) seems a good deal. Obviously, thats sat in China and will be substantially more once you've paid for shipping and tax. But at an average £20 for 30ml thats what, £666 per litre? Appreciate that having it in little individual dropper bottles and the R&D adds a lot to the cost. But still, it suggests there will be some room for manoeuvre on price. Group buy anyone :D

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Guys ...

You have to remember, lots of things go in to determining a price of a commodity.

Just an Idea of what Suppliers think about:
1. Demand
2. How easy is it to get
3. Tax/VAT
4. Shipping and Brokerage Fee's
5. Marketing/Testing fee's, etc...
6. Paypal/Credit Card/Merchant Account Fee's
7. In pillbox's case ... Rebottling/Labeling/boxing/etc...

Its not just as simple as finding a cheap wholesale liquid.

This stuff is not difficult to make.

You're right ... its not entirely difficult to make. DIY juices can be great! BUT, manufacturers deal with liquid nicotine ... something I don't suggest you go and play around lightly with ... :)

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
however it works out cash , you surely cannot justify £666 per litre ( $985 ).

Justification is in the eye of the buyer really :) If you get zero demand at lets say $985 per litre, than obviously, the supplier will need to drop pricing, plain and simple. That's where demands falls in to place. As long as there are buyers willing to pay that high of a premium for juice, it will continue to be sold as such! Branding also has its place in things ... Think Nike and Payless shoes ... Same applies!

I do hope you guys get what you wish for though. I'd rather have happy vaporers on my hands than unhappy anyday! LOL :thumb:

Let us know how your group buy goes Freddo!

Rorschach

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2008
New York, NY
Guys ...

You have to remember, lots of things go in to determining a price of a commodity.

Just an Idea of what Suppliers think about:
1. Demand
2. How easy is it to get
3. Tax/VAT
4. Shipping and Brokerage Fee's
5. Marketing/Testing fee's, etc...
6. Paypal/Credit Card/Merchant Account Fee's
7. In pillbox's case ... Rebottling/Labeling/boxing/etc...

Its not just as simple as finding a cheap wholesale liquid.

You're right ... its not entirely difficult to make. DIY juices can be great! BUT, manufacturers deal with liquid nicotine ... something I don't suggest you go and play around lightly with ... :)

I agree with Steve. It's really not that simple. I'm glad our suppliers put so much effort into getting the juices available for us in our own countries. Do you remember when the only place we could find the stuff was at ecig.com?

Availability of products in this category is going way faster than people would have thought possible with any other old technology. One of the reasons is because many suppliers are like us, we need our fix.

I think our suppliers (by and large) have done a splendid job of getting this off the ground so quickly. I remember when I joined the forum back in June the only viable options was NJoy for people in the states.

Prices may come down as availability (ease of transit from overseas) or native country manufacture gets off the ground, but as it is, I'm quite fine with paying what the suppliers currently ask.

I'd say I go through a 10mL bottle each week. So that's like $10 from most places.

I was a pack a day smoker and cigarettes in NYC were around $10 when i stopped. So that's a savings to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread