Fedor vs. Rogers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justncredible

Moved On
Aug 8, 2009
Wisconsin
I think the ref called it to soon, rogers was covering and defending himself. There is no doubt fedor is a monster fighter, and no doubt rogers was stunned by that blow, but it was not over.

As for lesner and brock, its gonna be awesome. Brock is a mutant his speed is insane and I think he can trade with fedor, once on the ground fedor will have major problems with brocks size. 1 more fight for fedor and then brock is what I am hearing. :D

MHR7331

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
SoCal
I think the ref called it to soon, rogers was covering and defending himself. There is no doubt fedor is a monster fighter, and no doubt rogers was stunned by that blow, but it was not over.

As for lesner and brock, its gonna be awesome. Brock is a mutant his speed is insane and I think he can trade with fedor, once on the ground fedor will have major problems with brocks size. 1 more fight for fedor and then brock is what I am hearing. :D

I dunno man. I watched the knockout about thirty times, and after the initial right hook and follow up punches, Rogers was basically in fetal mode - he had his hand over his face, but that's not really intelligent defense, more like hoping God makes Fedor go away. He reminded me of Gary Goodridge (to a lesser extent, bc GG got his ... throttled), lying there with face covered, getting beat within an inch of his life. Had Big John not intervened, that armbar was sitting right there anyway.

I'm actually less concerned about Brock than I was about Rogers. Brock's standup is mediocre, and while he's a superb wrestler, Fedor pulls out armbars out of f(%&*ing nowhere. Regardless of outcome, I'm sure it would be a monster fight :)

CellWho

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I thought it was interesting that Rogers was able to muscle his way out of the sub attempts and was able to take Fedor down.

If Brock attempts to stand with Fedor he will get KTFO, but I think he will have no problem taking him down and controlling him. I guess the good news for Fedor is that every round starts on the feet.

As for them actually fighting, I think the dream is over. Zuffa really wanted to sign him during the last negotiations, and as long as his management team keeps M1's goals ahead of his, the fight won't happen. Stranger things have happened, but I just don't see it.

Justncredible

Moved On
Aug 8, 2009
Wisconsin
That punch by fedor was amazing, and it is hard with his record to say it was luck. Yet I still say rogers was defending. His leg went up, fedor went to the side, and he rolled over while covering his head, and fedor only landed 1 glancing blow while he was down, not a rain of hammers, and not a game ender, if that major blow did not knock out rodgers so his arms were down those little blows would not do much. Another 5 secs would have ment alot, either fedor would have finished it, or rodgers would have covered. Even in the undercard the ref broke it up way to many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread