Status
Not open for further replies.

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
My grand has been chugging along nicely..until 2 days ago.

I noticed flavor and vapor drop off (like when it needs a squonk), but, try as I might, I couldn't get any juice into the [FONT="]atty[/FONT]. Upon opening it up, I found juice inside the mod, but no juice was feeding to the [FONT="]atty[/FONT].

I disassembled it, cleaned it thoroughly (hot water bath) being sure to run water from the faucet thru the [FONT="]atty[/FONT] connector, and noted that the water stream seemed to come out the feed tube fine. So I figured whatever was the problem was fixed. But it wasn't.

After letting it dry overnight and reapplying noalox, I tried it again. Same problem. So, thinking maybe the [FONT="]atty[/FONT] was clogged I changed that out...twice. Still no luck.

I'm able to see juice run up the feed tube when I squonk (with the door off), but it doesn't feed into the [FONT="]atty[/FONT] (or the juice cup). I even carefully inserted a plastic needle thru the [FONT="]atty[/FONT] connector, and was able to see it inside the feed tube (inside) so I know it isn't clogged. Normally, when I do a light squonk, I can see excess juice pool into the cup. But the cup is *completely* dry.

If I squonk ferociously (we're talking nearly completely flattening the bottle), I can manage to get a "bit" of juice into the [FONT="]atty[/FONT], but I can't over squonk to save my life. I also notice that with the [FONT="]atty[/FONT] removed, if I do a really BIG squonk, I can see a tiny bit of juice make it into the connector, but rather than sitting in there like it usually does, it immediately runs back into the bottle.

I've tried tightening and loosening the bottle cap, switched 3 different attys (and the battery LOL), even replaced the bottle thinking maybe there was a problem with that. Also, when I first got the grand, I made sure the bottom of the feed tube was angled, so there's no chance it's blocked at the bottom of the bottle.

The only thing left I can think of is that the feed tube has developed a leak near the top. Can anyone else think of anything to try before I send it back to Dr. O?

(Just as an aside, WHEW! Sure am glad I have a mini for backup or I'd be in a truly foul mood :))

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
My grand has been chugging along nicely..until 2 days ago.

I noticed flavor and vapor drop off (like when it needs a squonk), but, try as I might, I couldn't get any juice into the [FONT="]atty[/FONT]. Upon opening it up, I found juice inside the mod, but no juice was feeding to the [FONT="]atty[/FONT].

I disassembled it, cleaned it thoroughly (hot water bath) being sure to run water from the faucet thru the [FONT="]atty[/FONT] connector, and noted that the water stream seemed to come out the feed tube fine. So I figured whatever was the problem was fixed. But it wasn't.

After letting it dry overnight and reapplying noalox, I tried it again. Same problem. So, thinking maybe the [FONT="]atty[/FONT] was clogged I changed that out...twice. Still no luck.

I'm able to see juice run up the feed tube when I squonk (with the door off), but it doesn't feed into the [FONT="]atty[/FONT] (or the juice cup). I even carefully inserted a plastic needle thru the [FONT="]atty[/FONT] connector, and was able to see it inside the feed tube (inside) so I know it isn't clogged. Normally, when I do a light squonk, I can see excess juice pool into the cup. But the cup is *completely* dry.

If I squonk ferociously (we're talking nearly completely flattening the bottle), I can manage to get a "bit" of juice into the [FONT="]atty[/FONT], but I can't over squonk to save my life. I also notice that with the [FONT="]atty[/FONT] removed, if I do a really BIG squonk, I can see a tiny bit of juice make it into the connector, but rather than sitting in there like it usually does, it immediately runs back into the bottle.

I've tried tightening and loosening the bottle cap, switched 3 different attys (and the battery LOL), even replaced the bottle thinking maybe there was a problem with that. Also, when I first got the grand, I made sure the bottom of the feed tube was angled, so there's no chance it's blocked at the bottom of the bottle.

The only thing left I can think of is that the feed tube has developed a leak near the top. Can anyone else think of anything to try before I send it back to Dr. O?

(Just as an aside, WHEW! Sure am glad I have a mini for backup or I'd be in a truly foul mood :))

Hi Ancientpuffer! :D

So sorry your having that trouble... I wonder if the tube is hitting the bottom of the bottle sort of creating a seal and not letting the juice go up into the atty? That happened to me once.

So I pushed the cap down a little very gently to leave some space between the tube and the bottle and viola - all was well. I hope this works for you :)

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Well, I thought of that about an hour into the "trouble shooting", but the bottom is angled so it can't do that. I'm thinking a pinhole sized leak in the tubing above the cap :(

ETA: Dang, Delilah, you da (wo)MAN! The bottom of the tube is angled, but it had slid over so was blocked anyway! I'm gonna trim 1/8th inch off it so THAT won't happen again. Yeesh! Thank you, thank you *hug*

Last edited:

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
Well, I thought of that about an hour into the "trouble shooting", but the bottom is angled so it can't do that. I'm thinking a pinhole sized leak in the tubing above the cap :(

:( May need a new tube? I hope other Reonauts will chime in soon.

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
f_hug.gif

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
WOOT! Me tooooo! (I swear I checked that tube (visually) at least a dozen times :facepalm:)
Funny my dad used his mod for weeks one day I see him dripping juice into the atomizer I said dad what are you doing.The tube was touching the bottom of the bottle .Its always the simple things that get us we all have been there .Its almost like its so simple were to busy looking for a bigger problem .Kinda like looking for your wallet you tear the house apart only to find it right in front of you on the night stand and you no you looked there ten times

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Final addendum for future reference:

It began to go south on me again a few hours after my last post. I got it going again, but here's my "summary". It seems it was a combination of the feed tube blocked at the bottom of the bottle (in spite of the 45 degree slanted cut) AND the o-ring in the cap was out of place (should have checked that too when ltrainer and delilah mentioned them).

So for anyone that's as obsessive about backup as I am, you need:

Extra: REOs :)
batteries
chargers
attys/cartos
multimeters
and also:
springs
feed tubes
bottles
and o-rings.

10 new o-rings enroute as of first thing this morning. :facepalm:

ETA: there's no substitute for...substitutes, when you're trying to fix something that's made from more than one piece/part.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread