Feel kinda stupid but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

swt_silhouette

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
Boston
Hi,
I bought a Hendo set from the classifieds, when I opened the case there was a strong smell of corrosion. (The batts smell bad, but the case smell the worst!), I can't get the batts to hold a charge. The light turns green, but even without vaping at all, they go dead again in under an hour.

Also they don't give a warning blink, they just discharge completely, within minutes, if I am able to get a few pull off them. (right off the charger.). Also the ash cap crystal does not light up during the charging process. I had heard that they are suppose to stay lit until the batt is fully charged?

How long to Hendos generally hold a charge, when not in use?

This set was advertised as being "about one month old", and used for only a couple weeks. I noticed through old posts it was actually purchased in Oct... So is three months a long a enough period of use to cause these problems? (Even if they worked well, that smell is really off-putting!).

I know it was used, but I still paid quite a lot for it, and I have contacted the seller, but have not heard back yet. I just got it yesterday, so I was hoping for a little information regarding the normal condition one could expect from a three month old Hendo kit?

With proper care, would these last longer than this? I won't have the money for a new kit for some time, but am considering getting a "new" ss at some point.

Thanks for your help...

bigblue30

ECF Veteran
Are you sure your charger is working and that you're using the right charger? The SS chargers that I've seen go from red to blue, not green. If it's green it could be a 4081 charger from another company, and i have no idea how well they might last

CES,

The wall charges have a green light that turns to red when chargging....then back to green when done. The USB's do have the blue light.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Any product is subject to the effects of abuse. And considering the known level of customer service we provide, the no hassles 30day money back warranty (for the original customer) and the lifetime battery exchange program....I would be highly suspect of buying any SmokeStik product used. I will almost gaurantee you that your batteries have been ruined by dripping. And that IF there is a smell to the batteries themselves....it's a 3 month accumulation of ejuice sitting inside the battery. They probably do hold a charge just fine......it is the switch that has been destroyed by becoming saturated with juice.

I am sorry you had this experience. I assure you it is not indicative of our product or our service.

swt_silhouette

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
Boston
Thanks everyone,

I did wonder why the seller was letting this go after, (what I thought at the time was), a month of use.
It was stated that the seller had gotten a Mod, and was just not using these any more. Also some efc vets were, "Bumping for a great seller!", and "bumping for a beautiful ecigg at a great price!". I had wanted something nice for myself, after a somewhat rough start in the world of vaping, and this was a price I could afford. (Just barely).

I see a lot of eciggs are bought and sold here. How does anyone know how much use, (abuse), is on them? Are there specific questions one should ask? I know buying new is better, but some of these sales do seem to go well. I did ask for a pic of this set, lit, but I never got that. I noticed the pic in the ad was different from the set I recieved also. (The cartos were black in the ad).

Yes I did pm the seller, but I haven't gotten a reply yet. It's a busy time of year though... I have faith that this can be resolved fairly. Another Newbie error, live and learn.

I hope everyone has a great New Year,
Thank you for your replies.

susie22321

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
St. Clair Shores, MI
www.smokestik.com
You really can never know how old anything is when you purchase from the classifieds. The price of a new Hendu from the SS site isn't much more than you paid, me thinks.

I do hope that you get a reply from him and that he makes it right for you.

♥ڿڰۣ♥ಌڿڰۣ«ಌ♥ڿڰۣಌ♥ڿڰۣ«ಌ♥ڿڰۣ«ಌ♥ڿڰۣ♥ڿڰۣ♥ಌڿڰۣ«ಌ♥
H░A░P░P░Y░░N░E░W░░Y░E░A░R░░!░░2░0░1░1░
♥ڿڰۣ♥ಌڿڰۣ«ಌ♥ڰۣ«ಌ♥ڿڰۣ«ಌ♥ڿڰۣ«ಌ♥ڿڰۣ♥ڿڰۣ♥ಌڿڰۣ«ಌ♥

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I don't have much to add, but I assure you that SmokeStik batteries don't smell bad. Ever! Nor do their cases, boxes, cartos or shipping envelopes. I got my first Hendu kit last summer and it still smells fresh and the batteries are working. Lorikay is right, your batteries must have been flooded beyond repair and the liquid inside them is causing the odor. You need to let the seller know that you want your money back. If he/she refuses, I recommend contacting the moderators of the Forum.

We are a small but tighly knit community here and all our transactions are based on honor and trust (since a handshake is difficult, under the circumstances.) I've made several trades and exchanged samples and gifts with complete strangers and never had a problem. But there are always bad apples out there and the mods need to know about them. Good luck and I hope you get your money back. Please let us know!

swt_silhouette

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
Boston
I
We are a small but tighly knit community here and all our transactions are based on honor and trust (since a handshake is difficult, under the circumstances.) I've made several trades and exchanged samples and gifts with complete strangers and never had a problem. But there are always bad apples out there and the mods need to know about them. Good luck and I hope you get your money back. Please let us know!

Absolutely agree. I was probably trusting a bit too much in that when I made this deal, but I have only had the most outstanding,and honorable dealings with every single ecf'er, I've had the pleasure to meet here. barr NONE. Losing that sense of alliance was more heartbreaking than losing the coin, truth be told. You wouldn't believe how hard I tried to deny the condition of this set, and get it to work! My whole face hurt lol!

Thank you for your comments. (everyone). ECF ROCKS~and always will!

susie22321

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
St. Clair Shores, MI
www.smokestik.com
Absolutely agree. I was probably trusting a bit too much in that when I made this deal, but I have only had the most outstanding,and honorable dealings with every single ecf'er, I've had the pleasure to meet here. barr NONE. Losing that sense of alliance was more heartbreaking than losing the coin, truth be told. You wouldn't believe how hard I tried to deny the condition of this set, and get it to work! My whole face hurt lol!

Thank you for your comments. (everyone). ECF ROCKS~and always will!

I'm happy to see that you posted an unfavorable on the Classifieds! It's always a good thing to do that, IMO. I hope he/she makes it right for you so that you can call SS and order what you should have gotten! I promise that you will never have those issues with a new Hendu or any other SS product :)

swt_silhouette

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
Boston
Thanks susie,
The seller just now responded saying she would accept a return, and issue a refund. She also stated that SS batteries do not stay charged for more than an hour. (This is without vaping them at all). BTW...I was not getting them to stay charged anything remotely close to an hour...1/2 hour would be a stretch...

"These batteries have never lasted over an hour or so off the charger which is to be expected with these size of batteries.".

Is this true? You can not charge them to vape later?

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Of course you can! I keep them charged in my case and they stay that way for weeks (months). Utter nonsense!

However, when you're using them, they will last, depending on your vaping style, anything between an hour and a half to two hours.

Congratulations on your victory!

Last edited:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Hi

As long as the seller is making good then there is no reason to hash this to death....but I do want to make a point here. There is a condition known to the vaping community called "freight train vaping".....if you had the time to waste reading every post in the Pitbull beta thread you would see us laughing about how fast we can kill the charge on a SmokeStik battery. I believe the personal best is 45minutes.....What this means is a person is basicly sitting there sucking on the ecige nonstop...literally....they barely breath between puffs...in fact......sometimes I they dont.
In turn...this means that you certainly can max out the life of these little guys in a couple months by charging them 3,4 even 5 times a day. Is this normal...ah......no.
A SmokeStik battery....in fact any comparable lithium ion ecig battery should hold it's charge when not in use for weeks. And IF it is used as intended...ie....the way you would have smoked a cigarette......at a pack a day......or 200 puffs......the charge should last a solid 4-5 hours. Thems the facts ma'am :vapor:

but sometimes things happen for the best....I am sending you a PM:)

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
You're a good woman, Lorikay13. :)

Use as intended, hehe! I believe the 45 min record belongs to you...
images
I've never been able to drain a SmokeStik battery in under one hour. And not that I haven't tried. I do need to breathe, occasionally, between puffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread