feel really bad..Flu or withdrawal symptoms ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

EATAGM

Sep 24, 2010
Australia
Hey guys,
I haven’t been vaping very long, a few days ago I got the normal flu symptoms sore muscles headache runny nose feeling week all over... but then it turned into the worst flu/ ??.. I have ever had (and I normally don’t get them) my chest is really wheezy and full of some terrible stuff was wondering if anybody else went through this and whether it is related to giving up the smoking? Or just an unrelated flu/??...........:confused::vapor:

EATAGM

Sep 24, 2010
Australia
It could be the flu... but your body is probably eliminating nasty toxins from analogs as well and excacerbating the flu symptoms. Withdrawal symptoms from cigs can last a couple weeks. Just hang in there and drink lots of fluids.

i hope it goes away soon, im getting weaker and thinking maybe i should have an analog to see if i feel better ..:(

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
It does sound like you might be suffering from side effects from quitting smoking...tiredness, coughing up black crap, sore muscles, headaches, sinus trouble, sore throat...all withdrawl symtoms of quitting smoking.

These also seem to be common among new vapers as well, so which came first the chicken or the egg?

One thing to keep in mind is that we do tend to get more dehydrated when vaping (i.e. sore muscles), so it's important to increase your water intake. Headaches can come from too high of nicotine intake as well as just plain crappy juice. Sore throats are pretty common during your first days of vaping, sucrets or chloraseptic helps for the first couple of days....

Or...you could just be getting the flu...clear as mud, eh? Hope you feel better very soon :).

EATAGM

Sep 24, 2010
Australia
It does sound like you might be suffering from side effects from quitting smoking...tiredness, coughing up black crap, sore muscles, headaches, sinus trouble, sore throat...all withdrawl symtoms of quitting smoking.

These also seem to be common among new vapers as well, so which came first the chicken or the egg?

One thing to keep in mind is that we do tend to get more dehydrated when vaping (i.e. sore muscles), so it's important to increase your water intake. Headaches can come from too high of nicotine intake as well as just plain crappy juice. Sore throats are pretty common during your first days of vaping, sucrets or chloraseptic helps for the first couple of days....

Or...you could just be getting the flu...clear as mud, eh? Hope you feel better very soon :).

Thanks! mate i still havent given in!

rnwks_2008

Sep 26, 2010
Ohio
I'm glad I came across this. I've been having some pretty bad sinus problems draining and everything. Really tired/weak also. My throat just feels raw, I was starting to think maybe the vapor wasn't right for me, but maybe it really is just your body getting used to living without all those chemicals! crazy how it really does affect your body so much

EATAGM

Sep 24, 2010
Australia
I'm glad I came across this. I've been having some pretty bad sinus problems draining and everything. Really tired/weak also. My throat just feels raw, I was starting to think maybe the vapor wasn't right for me, but maybe it really is just your body getting used to living without all those chemicals! crazy how it really does affect your body so much

tell me about it, i feel so dumb for ever smoking!

simprini

Sep 27, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I was hoping that by vaping I could skip that part of the quitting process this time. Having gone through it twice before I didn't really want to do it again. No such luck, I'm in the same boat eatagm is. For me the dread of the quitter's flu was a far more worrisome than nicotine withdrawl and it's surprising to me how little I've hear people reference this IRL. I can google for it but no one I've ever talked to who has quit really mentions this. Regardless, hopefully this is all that's going on with you, eatagm. An unfortunate price to pay to kick the analog habit but 6 months from now this will all be a distant memory for us

coralie

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
USA, Chicago area
I'm going through this too...and I know it's not the vaping. I've been vaping over a year and never felt like this. I just quit analogs 6 days ago... so I know it's a touch of quitter's flu, but I've also got what's going around, my whole family has it. Hang in there. I've quit for a few days at a time before, up to 8 days, and each time I think I'll ease it by having a cigarette, I just have to go through it again, worse than the time before. So I'm just hanging in there. Hope you can too.

ShannonS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2009
Las Colinas, TX
Hey guys,
I haven’t been vaping very long, a few days ago I got the normal flu symptoms sore muscles headache runny nose feeling week all over... but then it turned into the worst flu/ ??.. I have ever had (and I normally don’t get them) my chest is really wheezy and full of some terrible stuff was wondering if anybody else went through this and whether it is related to giving up the smoking? Or just an unrelated flu/??...........:confused::vapor:

If you are running a fever or having congestion that is colored (white, yellow, green) it is not likely related to vaping or quitting analogs. If you are worried, go see your doctor.

EATAGM

Sep 24, 2010
Australia
I was hoping that by vaping I could skip that part of the quitting process this time. Having gone through it twice before I didn't really want to do it again. No such luck, I'm in the same boat eatagm is. For me the dread of the quitter's flu was a far more worrisome than nicotine withdrawl and it's surprising to me how little I've hear people reference this IRL. I can google for it but no one I've ever talked to who has quit really mentions this. Regardless, hopefully this is all that's going on with you, eatagm. An unfortunate price to pay to kick the analog habit but 6 months from now this will all be a distant memory for us

thx bud... i think you guys are right just the quiters flew, i still feel like crap but am thinking long term!

EATAGM

Sep 24, 2010
Australia
I'm going through this too...and I know it's not the vaping. I've been vaping over a year and never felt like this. I just quit analogs 6 days ago... so I know it's a touch of quitter's flu, but I've also got what's going around, my whole family has it. Hang in there. I've quit for a few days at a time before, up to 8 days, and each time I think I'll ease it by having a cigarette, I just have to go through it again, worse than the time before. So I'm just hanging in there. Hope you can too.

thx im doing my best, havent caved in yet!

googled

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
ukvapers.com
I got an odd stomach type flu around a week after I switched (it was over 18months ago). Wasn't like any other flu I'd ever had and I always assumed it was due to my body/immune system being in turmoil after smoking for so long (27 years). Apart from aching muscles around six months into vaping which I no longer get, that was the only side effect I got from switching and it only lasted around 2-3 days, flu or colds are usually with me for at least a week from the start of symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread