Status
Not open for further replies.

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
You can get as small as 15 ml size 100 VG unflavored at Mt. Baker in both 18 and 24 mg. (Unflavored is a flavor choice in the drop list.) They dropped their prices recently so those should be only $3.99 a bottle to try out. It's not as bad as you may think either as their VG has a slightly sweet edge to it, even as unflavored.

I agree with this suggestion. If you want to try 100% without a huge investment, get a couple of bottles at MBV. Get a tobacco flavor (since you said that's all you vape) and get a bottle of unflavored. Try them out for a couple of days and see how it works. If you still feel sick, try vaping only the unflavored. If the unflavored doesn't make you feel bad, it could be you are allergic to some flavorings.

Do you have any food/nut allergies? Some flavorings can be extracted from the real thing it's supposed to taste like, which could cause a reaction. And I bet the reaction would be different with vaping since it's inhaled and not ingested.

Definitely try the 100% VG route. If that doesn't work, we can cross another bridge.

Im not VG/PG sensitive, but there are some VG liquids I do enjoy.

Also, I vape 24mg because otherwise I don't get enough throat hit and I want to smoke cigs

Also: You should ALWAYS drink plenty of water when vaping. Even if you don't feel dehydrated, you still could be. And a hangover is essentially dehydration. Ever wake up one morning after a night of hard drinking with your head hurting and a general nasty gross feeling? That's just dehydration from your body trying to metabolize and get rid of all the alcohol/junk.

One last thing: There are withdrawal symptoms from quitting smoking that are different than just having that "withdrawal" feeling of needing a cigarette. I experienced symptoms for about a month after I quit. I had a bit of trouble sleeping, I would wake up feeling tired, I had random muscle aches, sore throat, it was gross. That stuff can be normal for some people after giving up tobacco.

I hope you find a solution to your problem!

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
I am sorry you are having such a hard time. I am repeating others with my suggestions :) , but I will give it anyway :) Try drinking more water throughout the day to see if that helps. You should try you some 100% VG juice to see if that helps. Also, perhaps try some eliquid at a lower nivotine level to see if that helps. When I first purchased my eliquid online and had to choose my nicotine level for the first time I chose 18mg, and I could not handle it. I got awful sick off of it....extremely nauseated and even terrible headaches. I went all the way down to 6 and it was perfect for me. I know you said no nausea or anything... It could also be the all natural tobacco and tea flavoring eliquid you are using as Salemgold said. I have used flavorings in the past when mixing that were natural, and they did not go well with me, and left a film like in my mouth and throat.
I really hope you get it figured out! Good luck! Keep us updated :)

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
I can relate... I notice it with certain liquids... custards... anything heavily flavored...
It feels like I've been mildly poisoned - like I drank fabric softener or candle wax... sometimes it gives me lip crud... my tongue feels pasty... and my teeth feel wicked dirty... juices like suicide bunny... space jam, 5 pawns etc do it to me the worst...

dehydration is part of it... but there is something else going on... especially since it happens more with certain liquids.

My mainstay juice is a diy concoction... a very aqueous vg... menthol... and a little flavoring...
no issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread