Feeling Strange and Major Panic Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbbishop

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
SLC, UT U.S.A.
Thanks bitey and everyone for your replies.

Johnson Creek still does not have an ETA on their new non-pg formulation but say it is "in the final development stages." Eastmall will be releasing a flavorless VG formula soon in 36mg and 60mg.

These were supplied by bitey:

liquidxpress.com
vtvapor.com
juicyliquid.com

Last edited:

karma2burn

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Baltimore
Damn. Well, I just got in a big sampler pack from Dawn at ecigsmokestore that were made special for me given the issues I've been having. So she made up some very low nic 100% vg juice (no pg flavoring) and I'm still getting the ......n spacey\foggy effects. I have no idea what it could be now. I've tried pretty much everything. Maybe I have some weird reaction to the oils used for flavoring or something.

So annoyed because I really wanted to be able to vape but it looks like it's out of the question for me. Guess I'll be putting a bunch of stuff up on the traders forum soon.

bahbond

Unregistered Supplier
Sep 26, 2011
Texas
I have been vaping 3 weeks., and just in the last couple days started to feel a little funny.. Just "heady", a touch of the shakes at times, and a touch nauseated... Is it possible withdrawal from the crap in analogs or to much nic? I vape 18mg juice, and maybe 2-3 mils a day?

Anyone else show some funny effects a few weeks in?

Thanks..

samo50sg

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2011
Sydney
I have been vaping 3 weeks., and just in the last couple days started to feel a little funny.. Just "heady", a touch of the shakes at times, and a touch nauseated... Is it possible withdrawal from the crap in analogs or to much nic? I vape 18mg juice, and maybe 2-3 mils a day?

Thanks..

When I was on analogs and chain smokin, the above symptoms were my alarm bells to stop the 4th cig.
Now that I'm vaping, the same symptoms let me know "time to rest the e-cig".

Not a doc, but those are my signs that im having too much nicotine.

Bwig

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2010
kentucky
Damn. Well, I just got in a big sampler pack from Dawn at ecigsmokestore that were made special for me given the issues I've been having. So she made up some very low nic 100% vg juice (no pg flavoring) and I'm still getting the ....... spacey\foggy effects. I have no idea what it could be now. I've tried pretty much everything. Maybe I have some weird reaction to the oils used for flavoring or something.

So annoyed because I really wanted to be able to vape but it looks like it's out of the question for me. Guess I'll be putting a bunch of stuff up on the traders forum soon.
I have tried everything I can think of and still I get the ill feelings. Something has to causing this I just wish I could figure it out as I love vaping. But for now I have quit I cannot go on with these panic and anzity feelings.

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland

It's probably a little of both (the nic level you're vaping and the detox from smoking). I think what happens is that we actually end up upping our nic intake initially to help counteract the analog detox. Then as our bodies start to adjust to not getting all the chemicals from cigarettes, we no longer need the excess nicotine. I'm not suggesting this is true of everyone (everyone's quit experience is a different), but it's definitely how it seemed for me. I experienced a lot of anxiety in the first several weeks.

I started out using an 18mg liquid, but found it wasn't strong enough and quickly upped to 24mgs. After a few weeks, though, that 24mgs was suddenly too strong for me and I had to drop back to 18mg. Several weeks after that, 18mg became too strong for me and I did a stepped reduction to 11mg. While I had plenty of bouts of anxiety in those first few months that I know were related to quitting smoking, each time I found myself needing to drop the nicotine level, it was because I started to experience anxiety that seemed directly related to vaping.

Eventually you'll level off at a comfortable maintenance strength. From there, it'll just be a matter of gradually reducing the nicotine (if zero is your goal). Or if you're like me, you'll find that eventual comfort zone (for me, it's been about 8mgs), hover there happily for a year or so and randomly, one day even that starts to feel too strong. I may eventually be nic-free without even trying!

As for the anxiety, I don't get that related to vaping anymore. Even now, while feeling that it's time to drop my nic level again, I just feel a little jittery inside as if I'd had a bit too much coffee, but without any accompanying anxiety. So fear not. That anxiety is very likely get better once you've leveled off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread