The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

FELL OFF THE WAGON...The eGo isn't what I need, so what is? I'm about to give up

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Dark.Angel, Mar 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Dark.Angel

Dark.Angel Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hello people,

Hangs head in shame..I fell off the wagon :( I just don't like this ego, I have a LR atomizer on it, and it is better, yet, I'm still drawing when it flashes, then it cuts off on me, (the batteries don't last but a few hours also) I don't like the cold vapor, my throat is rather sore when I wake up in the morning. I had hoped to get a VV system, or a mod, like the new buzz, which came recommended, or something like the provari, infinity, omega, silver bullet, that type of Mod (not sure if those type have a different kind of name) I don't know if a VV or Mod will remedy the problems I mentioned, and would greatly appreciate my ECF families advice.

I was going to purchase one as a birthday present (Saint Patrick's Day March 17) to myself, one gift I know I'd love. I don't really have allot to spend, I wish I did, but the start up cost for vaping was tough for me, and the last thing I expected would be having to purchase ANOTHER PV unit. Now, if financial matters weren't horrible enough, my car needs a new head and head gasket, I've been victimized by the Evil Leprechaun gremlins!! So now I'm really worried if I can survive on my Ego till I can get a unit that would keep me off the analogs. help!!!! I feel like just giving up :(

The Evil Leprechaun :evil::vapor:

2. porkchopsisgood

porkchopsisgood Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2011
    Cape Coral, FL USA
    You can easily sell your eGo system and purchase an inexpensive mod, such as the 5V ones being made by OldGoat. He's offering them at $25 for a box mod, and $50 for a bottom feeder. Now, you will have to get batts, but if you purchase a box mod, your price with batts should be under $50 for the whole shebang.

You can use standard resistance atties with this (you shouldn't use the LR's with the 5V...you'll burn a hole in them)...this setup should give you consistent 5V vaping, which most consider "the sweet spot." I know that LR's on a 3.7V system is close, but I would try this before spending money on a VV or something extravagant.

And what about your nic level? What are you vaping currently? Personally I use 24mg, and it definitely hits the spot. Try upping the dosage and see what that gets ya.

Good luck...we're here for ya...

3. hairball

hairball ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2010
    Other Places
    Keep your eyes on the classifieds.

porkchop is right about oldgoat's mods. I've owned a couple and they are wonderful. He stands behind his work also with great customer service taboot.

Here is the link to his forum.

4. RubenX

RubenX Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    Longwood
    What other type of atties have you tried? So far I've done:

- 510 Standard atty <-- Current standby backup setup (too much refilling)
    - 510 standard cartomizers (leaks)
    - 510 LR atty (draw too lose)
    - Ego Tank Atty (leaks)
    - Cleartomizer atty 2.4ohm (bad flavor)
    - Cleartomizer atty 2.8ohm (bad flavor)
    - Ego Mega atty (cylinder type b) <--Current main vape ... perfect so far

All these working on a 650MaH passthrough battery. Batt do not last me the whole day... chain vape like 6-7 hours, maybe. Looking forward to a bigger ego batt or even better, a BIG battery mod (black silver bullet being my current favorite).

5. Zen~

Zen~ Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    Spencerport, NY
    Once again the mighty eGo fails...

The ego is a 3.2v device, the vapor is way too cool for some people and 5v is too hot for many folks, even with higher resistance atty/cartos... Variable voltage is the answer, and there are many relatively affordable devices out there. My personal favorite lower cost vv devices are the joker av and the buzz. Both have slightly better battery life than the standard eGo. The advantage though, is extra batteries are dirt cheap with these variable voltage devices, and it's easy to carry spares.

Dig deep... Grab a buzz and 3 sets of batteries... Go forth and find that sweet spot. Keep the ego as a backup if you can afford it, if you can't, sell it in the classifieds.

Hang in there and take the leap... If you can't find a suitable vaping experience with a variable, then vaping just isn't for you... I have many PVs... The variables are the ones that get used and I have noticed I am NEVER vaping at 3.2, 3.7 or 5 volts, the "standard" set voltages just don't pass muster for me.

We are ALL pulling for you!

6. VaporMadness

VaporMadness Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2010
    CA, USA
    It's not clear why you're falling off...

Maybe more power will do the trick maybe not... you say the draw is too loose on the LR atty(s?) you've tried... should be pretty much the same draw as the std rez attys? if you do spring for a more pwrfull MOD, it can always be resold in the classified... but the draw of an LR really shouldn't be any different. LR attys should be a cost effective way of getting more power out of an eGo batt.

Maybe more nic will hit the spot?

Maybe augmenting vaping with swedish snus would help stay off the cancer sticks?

Oh.. wait... i was responding to post 4 instead of the OP... in response to the OP, a big-... 18650 MOD with moderately LR attys is probably what your looking for... if that battery doesn't last long enough, god help you :)

From what you said, the VV features are not what's important to you... it's sufficient power ("the LRs are better") and sufficient runtime ("lasts but a few hours") that you need. A honkin 18650 (2600mah) should crank for a good long time on LR attys. Stacking 2 16340s (ala buzz) will not result in longer runtimes, sounds like you want more mah.

There's gotta be some affordable 18650 box mods (or kits) to be found. For me, a 1.8 to 2 ohm atty on a 3.7v batt produces a damn good hit.

7. Valsacar

Valsacar Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Seoul
    My buzz doesn't last anywhere near as long as my ego (I can easily get 1-1.5 days out of an ego bat, and I am constantly vaping). I normally go through 2 or more sets of batteries on my buzz in a day.

As for the sore throat, probably just lack of water. Vaping can easily dry out your throat, try drinking more water throughout the day, and especially before you go to bed. I find that if I don't I'm coughing (dry, non-productive, cough) at night.

8. six

six Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2011
    under the blue sky
    I'll second that. I think the OP should make use of his current batteries, chargers, etc and experiment a little before rushing off in to a mod. I carry a mega in my kit and I swap it on in place of my tank atty five or six times a day to have a much more "smoking" like experience for a few minutes.

I have some Dekang DK-tab in both 24mg and in 36mg. The mega V2 Cylinder atty delivers a beast of a TH with a hi-nic dry/salty tobacco flavor like that. That atty delivers hot vapor and a lot of it every time. The gurgling is a little annoying, but those attys deliver vapor on par with some various really good LR attys I own.

For roughly 20 bucks, the OP could try out a different system (I would suggest the V2 mega system) but not have to re-invest in batteries and chargers and whatever accessories they might have.

9. tdwave

tdwave Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2009
    South East Coast, N.J.
    THE GO GO.... From Nhaler & Cig Easy..
    Done...

10. Stownz

Stownz Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2010
    Guthrie, OK
    LoL, go go?

It's all about Variable voltage now, not proprietary fail units like the gogo.

List of VV units out there:
    Little Sister from Ken's box mods-- smallest one available
    Infinity
    Provari
    Darwin
    Bunches of wood box mods
    Buzz-- if you like stacking batteries in a huge mod

And I'm probably missing quite a few. In any event, they are plentiful, and cheap, and you can put the voltage anywhere you want to vape any OHM cartomizer/atomizer any way you like.

11. Doberz

Doberz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I have slipped constantly over the past year. I can never seem to keep the same setup going/working over time. And I can never recreate a setup. I got a 5v mod box about 6 months ago and fell in love with it. It was amazing! I got the carto for it off of a pif. But... When that atty died, I was unable to find another carto that would work right with it. I believe it called for a 3.0 ohm? Well all the cartos I tried just gave me a burnt taste so now I'm back with the ego. (which really sucks now in comparison).

If I could just get a "good" setup to stick with over time that would be great. But until then I'll still be smoking analogs out of frustration on the side.

(also, I REFUSE to buy another kit. I have bought 2 joye kits, 2 ego kits, a 5v and a 3v mod already. No reason why I should continue dropping more money just to try and find out "which one works best" for me) I believe it's more in finding some good cartos for my 5v.

Double edit: I got the ego mega atty this past week... It's ok I guess. But I find myself topping it off A LOT or else I get a burnt taste out of it. I thought when I read "holds up to 2ml" that I would only have to refill it once a day. Not every time I puff on it!

12. greyrat

greyrat Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 7, 2010
    Houston
    Well, tdwave, several others and I are elated that the Go-go has solved our problems! Huge clouds of very great flavor with each exhale, huge capacity to last all day on one fill and no maintenance other than refilling the Go-cart.

I have tried a lot of different PV models, several brands of atomizer/cartridge, dripping, cartomizers, especially 6 sets of eGo-T models and finally found what I think is above all the rest: Go-go.

Good luck on your journey!

13. mwa102464

mwa102464 Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Doberz, Issac over at Ikenvape sells a 3ohm Mega carto in 510 & KR8 that I think would work well on that 5V of yours

14. tdwave

tdwave Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2009
    South East Coast, N.J.
    Stownz,
    With all due respect and not trying to sound like a wise guy, you and maybe a select few are teckie types. It is not all about variable voltage etc. etc. Its about QUITTING Cigs. and doing it without learning physics. Tell that little girl in Ohio that don't even know how to put liquid in a cart about variable volt... STOP..... The GO GO (laugh if you will) is about as close as you can get to a real cig without all the work. I have gone through 2 years of dripping,, mods, voltage changes and none, i mean none come close to this.. (ok i lied a little) i still drip my xhaler with lr 306.
    What this is more about is the average joe just buying a product that works right out of the box and keep the work load low.
    That is just my thoughts..

15. Zen~

Zen~ Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    Spencerport, NY
    Totally agree...

But you forgot:
    Joker AV
    Pearl AV
    VP turbo AV
    Saber touch VV

And I'm sure I missed several as well

16. Nomoreash

Nomoreash Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Totally agree x2. Since going vv it doesn't matter what atty, carto or liquid I'm using I can find my sweet spot in just a few seconds.

17. Goldenkobold

Goldenkobold Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 23, 2010
    Florida
    Pah on some VV I am very happy with my 3.7v lr's and the battery life on every VV out there is crap, except perhaps the darwin and tekk mods.

If people like the go-go then it is perfect, for those people.

18. VaporMadness

VaporMadness Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2010
    CA, USA
    I'm just fine with my smallish 16340 mods and LR attys, no need for vv for me either.

19. AttyPops

AttyPops Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Here's a suggestion I sometimes make to people that wish to try higher voltages and experiment before taking the $200.00 mod plunge:

You can try a 5v Passthrough and wall-adapter:
    MadVapes 5 Volt 510 Manual USB Passthrough
    2 amp AC to USB Adapter, ideal for Passthroughs

This gives you a "plug in" model without batteries. It is 5 volts, assuming around 3.0 ohm atomizer. If it fails, you are out less than $30.00 bucks. It will let you try 5v vaping and see if the higher voltages solve you issues. And you have it around for a backup if you get stuck without batteries.

Note that there are other passthroughs that have in-line batteries and are 3.X volts. That is NOT what I am suggesting here. Also, you can make your own if you check the modder's section.

I should mention that these passthroughs (in general) are not known to last forever, and you are "tied" to a cord/outlet. But it is a good trial type of thing for 5v vaping.

Note again the need for approximately 3.0 ohm atties here. The LR ones are too hot at 5v.

Hope you find your solution. Good Luck!

20. Dark.Angel

Dark.Angel Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

yikes I need a vaping dictionary I don't often feel stupid but I certainly do here. oh btw I'm female. My life isn't all about vaping and yet it has become that recently I feel like I'm struggling to learn so I can find the system that keeps me off analogs, as long as I'm trapped at home in the middle of no where I vape, but if I can get my grubby paws on a analog. I feel a great deal of shame. I agree I want something i can just purchase and be done with it, maybe thats no reasonable but it must be to get the average analog smoker to vaping, for how ever long it takes to quit EVERYTHING!! not everyone wants to vape forever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.