FELL OFF THE WAGON...The eGo isn't what I need, so what is? I'm about to give up

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
I haven't fallen off the wagon. But yeah, the ego with LR carto is barely cutting it -I won't even attempt to use a SR carto on the ego as it is just too weak. I have a 5v box mod, and it does seem too hot. So apparently I need to be somewhere in between. My bday is March 13- buying myself a Darwin :) I'll find that elusive perfect vape with that I'm sure.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
yikes I need a vaping dictionary I don't often feel stupid but I certainly do here. oh btw I'm female. My life isn't all about vaping and yet it has become that recently I feel like I'm struggling to learn so I can find the system that keeps me off analogs, as long as I'm trapped at home in the middle of no where I vape, but if I can get my grubby paws on a analog. I feel a great deal of shame. I agree I want something i can just purchase and be done with it, maybe thats no reasonable but it must be to get the average analog smoker to vaping, for how ever long it takes to quit EVERYTHING!! not everyone wants to vape forever.

The jargon is a bit much to get a handle on :)

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
The jargon is a bit much to get a handle on :)

Whats so hard to understand? You need a VV with SR's or a 3.7 with LR's preferably 306's or 901's and if you go higher in voltage than a regulated 5v get your hands on some HV's to bring down the wattage....
err

of course your TH is dependent on wattage and juice which varies according to flavoring, the VG/ PG mixture that works best for you will depend on how much Total Vapor you wish to produce as well as the TH level you are aiming for. Ohms have as much to do as Volts in this regard, its all subjective of course.

ummm

Of course, your MOSFET's are a concern when utilizing a fatt batt with a LR atty, and amp limits must be considered when using a VV from notcig. BWB is good. FSUSA is not. AV is good. Dekang is hit or miss. Watch out for diacetly. Fluval> pollyfill. Noalox is your friend.

pssshh I don't even know what I just said.

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
Lots of great advice here already. VV is definitely a plus but you said you are kinda tired of buying things all the time.
At a recent meetup, I had an opportunity to try an LR 801 atty at 3.7v. I loved it ! MILES ahead of the 510 I have been using.

So, I got a regular (not LR) 801 atty and stuck it on my 5v el cheapo madvapes box with an adapter. Better than analogs any day!!! The flavor, the TH and vapor so rich and thick you need a knife to cut it! I use all VG liquid so it may explain the vapor but what about the flavor and TH?

This is my .02 but the difference was stunning. Since you have a 5v, you can give this a try with about 7-8 bucks.

All the best!

slumdog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
South Florida & NYC The Village
Totally agree...

But you forgot:
List of VV units out there:
Little Sister from Ken's box mods-- smallest one available
Infinity
Provari
Darwin
Bunches of wood box mods
Buzz-- if you like stacking batteries in a huge mod
Joker AV
Pearl AV
VP turbo AV
Saber touch VV

And I'm sure I missed several as well

don't forget ggts an ggtb.....

jeannest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
New York
Some people have it harder than others, I guess. After I started vaping, I'd still indulge in analogs. For months, I'd get up, smoke that morning analog and then happily vape all day and not smoke again until the next morning. I could not resist the morning analog. Then one day, I woke up and my ashtray and cigarettes weren't where they normally were. I think my husband or one of the kids hid them. After a few minutes of looking for my analogs, I gave up and picked up my PV and that was that. No more morning cigarettes ever after that. No one has ever admitted to throwing away my analogs, but I know someone must have. And I'm happy they did.

The biggest problem for me with ecigs is being prepared. Like when I'm going out, I have to make sure I have my extra batteries, extra cartos and juice. It reminds me of when my kids were small and I had to pack a diaper bag! :) You have to get organized and have your batts charged at all times.

I haven't tried any of the mods like the Buzz, but that may be a good option for you. I hear that they are great!

nikk4s

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Springdale, Arkansas, United States
Hello people,

Hangs head in shame..I fell off the wagon :( I just don't like this ego, I have a LR atomizer on it, and it is better, yet, I'm still drawing when it flashes, then it cuts off on me, (the batteries don't last but a few hours also) I don't like the cold vapor, my throat is rather sore when I wake up in the morning. I had hoped to get a VV system, or a mod, like the new buzz, which came recommended, or something like the provari, infinity, omega, silver bullet, that type of Mod (not sure if those type have a different kind of name) I don't know if a VV or Mod will remedy the problems I mentioned, and would greatly appreciate my ECF families advice.

snip snip

The Evil Leprechaun :evil::vapor:

To address battery life specifically.

2 Ego passthru 1000 mah batts I bought from cignot.com was my cheapest solution. One of these easily lasts a 12 hr shift at work while the standard ego batt fails halfway through.

Right now I am bouncing back and forth between Boge cartos and CE2's because I also like the warm vapour. I am using those while waiting for a FOG avs.

For rugged weekends I'm waiting on the GGTS/AVS. For regular life I hope the Ego/Fog will do the trick.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
Some people have it harder than others, I guess. After I started vaping, I'd still indulge in analogs. For months, I'd get up, smoke that morning analog and then happily vape all day and not smoke again until the next morning. I could not resist the morning analog. Then one day, I woke up and my ashtray and cigarettes weren't where they normally were. I think my husband or one of the kids hid them. After a few minutes of looking for my analogs, I gave up and picked up my PV and that was that. No more morning cigarettes ever after that. No one has ever admitted to throwing away my analogs, but I know someone must have. And I'm happy they did.

That's a nice story.

The biggest problem for me with ecigs is being prepared. Like when I'm going out, I have to make sure I have my extra batteries, extra cartos and juice. It reminds me of when my kids were small and I had to pack a diaper bag! :) You have to get organized and have your batts charged at all times.!

I used to have that problem, getting my PCC and skinny batts charged and ready to go, and a handful of carts filled and capped. It's much simpler for me now... I take my 16340 MOD and a 3ml dropper bottle of liquid... and thats it... drip as needed throughout the day.

I do have a charger at work, but i usually don't use it. 16340s are fairly small batts when it comes to MODs. One batt won't last me all day, but generally gets me thru my work day and then i put a fresh batt in after work. If i didn't get enough runtime out of that setup, i'd step up to an 18650 MOD instead... but i haven't found the need to go that big.

EynaraWolf

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2010
Pennsylvania
yikes I need a vaping dictionary I don't often feel stupid but I certainly do here. oh btw I'm female. My life isn't all about vaping and yet it has become that recently I feel like I'm struggling to learn so I can find the system that keeps me off analogs, as long as I'm trapped at home in the middle of no where I vape, but if I can get my grubby paws on a analog. I feel a great deal of shame. I agree I want something i can just purchase and be done with it, maybe thats no reasonable but it must be to get the average analog smoker to vaping, for how ever long it takes to quit EVERYTHING!! not everyone wants to vape forever.

What are you looking for in a vape? What nic level are you at? And you want to be nicotine free I take it? I am currently vaping on a KR808 from Vapor 4 life. I've tried the eGo and it was a no go. I was able to get a close analogue taste with e-juice from myfreedomsmokes and I use Bloog blank Cartomizers. The batteries don't last all that long, maybe 3-4 hours, but I can get by with two batteries with a PCC and wall charger. If you're looking to totally quit nicotine use then I'd focus on switching to vaping exclusively at first. There is way too much going on to mess with the nicotine level just yet. Once you find the vaping sweet spot, then it will be time to start weening yourself down to no-nicotine and then off of everything.

Once you've found the right blend of equipment/taste/nicotine level, quitting SHOULD happen almost accidentally, if it doesn't then there is something else your getting from the analog that can't be duplicated in a vape and you might want to consider a snus type thing.

The key things that helped me. They may or may not work for you, but, I ate cough drops like candy the first two weeks because the vaping was harsh on my throat. I bought chap stick like they were lighters again, because vaping can be drying, and I found drinking black tea and honey by the bucket helped quite a bit the first month.

Hang in there and look around to see what others have to offer in the way of used equipment and what might work best for you. Mod's might not be the way to go if you're looking to get completely off nicotine. You might just want to try something like a KR808 because they do have a 3.7 volt battery and hit harder than the eGos do. I wouldn't have quit smoking without my 808. Now that I am not addicted to the other 4000+ chemicals in an analog, I feel it would be easier to quit nicotine if I choose to do it.

Either way, an 808 is just another option that might help you and I wish you the best of luck.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
You NEED massive Throat Hit and FLavor to do this the POWER has to increase ( LR attys . OR VV device ) there is a mith out there that VV is hard or you need to be a math professor to use them IT IS NOT TRUE !

just adjust it until it tastes and feels right , thats IT .

Keep trying and do not feel bad about falling once in a while , the main thing is to REDUCE your smoking right now , you will find the answer out there for you and find what works for you as well.

You have been to our forum and many people talked to you about a solution , keep it up you will get there !!!! .

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Here is a fun setup, well, a few of them.

Picture28.jpg

TANKS !!

Seattle40

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2011
Seattle,Wa
Ego bandwagon here. I have had my Ego Booster for about two weeks now and its made me stop looking for bigger and better things, at least for now... I hooked it on my 1000 mah Ego passthru and it lasted me 9 hours yesterday.. I can vape at my desk, and it rarely leaves my hand all day!! I use Boge 2.0 at about 3.5-3.9 volts (cool draw) and the 3.0 at about 4.2-4.6 ( warm draw) .
This setup is working great for me... I'm 56 days without so much as a taste(or wanting) of an analog. I realize I'm still a newbie, just trying to help.
I am hooked on cinnamon red hot and banana cream right now. But the cinnamon has to be all day, because nothing else has any taste after that... I do like it strong!!!
The passthru's are 17.00 at Mike and Carols.. The booster is 60.00 at Happy Vapor ..I just ordered my 2nd passthru to leave at work yesterday.
I use my little 650 mah and booster when I go out.. The 1000 mah PT, booster and carto is like .. 9 inches long !!!
I'm not affiliated with anyone E-cig related, but this VV setup finds all the sweet spots I need... IMHO... thanks !

Slurp812

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
Northwest Ohio
Screwdriver MKII here. 900mha battery, simple mechanical switch. I am currently using a 2.5 ohm 510xl cartomizer I top off maybe 2, 3 times a day and I am hooked on 24mg 555 juice. But Iv been off analogs for 4 years, and just picked up this up in July this year. For me this is better than analogs, they don't need to be lit, and I can hit it anytime I want! You just have to find your grove...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread