The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Ferris Wheel Coil Box - w 70 Coils | UD | Youde Tech

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Tommy-Chi, Jan 19, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Tommy-Chi

Tommy-Chi Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 9, 2015
    Chitown
    UD Tech - 01.jpg

I knew this area was going to explode with invention and here it is just Jan 18, 2016, and UD is going to take the bull by the horns and become a massive supplier of premade coils. VIDEO REVIEW

Ferris Wheel Prebuilt Coils box, consists of:

1) 24AGW (0.5mm),0.5Ω * 10pcs

2) 26AGW (0.4mm),1.2Ω * 10pcs

3) 26AGW (0.4mm),1.0Ω * 10pcs

4) 30AGW*4 quad-twisted,0.5Ω * 10pcs

5) 28AGW*2 double twisted,0.5Ω *10pcs

6) 26AGW*2 double twisted,0.5Ω *10pcs

7) 26 AGW+32 AGW clapton coil ,0.6Ω *10pcs

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hans Wermhat

Hans Wermhat Vaping Master

Jun 9, 2015
    Texas
    I can see ordering prefab clapton wire on a spool, but not pre-wrapped coils. Twisted coils are super easy to make. Just seems like a way to sell $1 worth of wire for $10+ to me, but I guess it's useful for folks who can't/don't like to wrap their own coils. :thumb:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Tommy-Chi

Sep 9, 2015
    Chitown
    I like the box. I guess there are other solutions waiting for me in the hardware section of any store, but it's compact for travel.

4. stylemessiah

stylemessiah Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    The vaping equivalent of a cheese wheel!

• Like Like x 2
  5. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    I bet they sell a ton of these for people who want convenience. I'm too choosy about my builds though between diameter and number of wraps. I also think these would work best in RDAs. RTAs differ too much from each other.

I like the box, too though. Be nice for storing all my extra post screws or drip tips.

• Like Like x 3
  6. VHRB2014

VHRB2014 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2014
    Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
    Ya, diameter and wraps is as important as the RDA they are going into.
    Buttt,,,,,,,,,,, I`m sure it will help some vapers figure out what they like, leaving them with a whole bunch of what they,,,,,,,,,, don`t like, LOL. Maybe? :?)

7. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    No pricing listed, many coils I would never use, can't be used with TC devices, I think I will pass. I agree with Hans, I can see buying some Clapton wire but premade coils, not I said the Scott.

8. bussdriver

bussdriver Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2013
    Or how about a new device that will take all 7 coils. The user could rotate to the coil he wishes to vape. Shouldn't have to be more than 60 or 70 mm in dia.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hans Wermhat

Hans Wermhat Vaping Master

Jun 9, 2015
    Texas
    • Like Like x 2
  10. leftyandsparky

leftyandsparky Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 22, 2015
    Somewhere in the South
    The wheel reminds me of the jewels for nail art! Thats what the gems come in!

11. BreSha6869

BreSha6869 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    I dunno, if one is actually spending the time installing a coil and wicking it, making the actual coil isn't really much more work.

If they were something like $0.10 each maybe, but $0.50-1.00+ each? Even a newbie dumb dumb like me can use a coil jig or wrap wire around a screw or drill bit.

12. BreSha6869

Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    That is true.

13. Tommy-Chi

Sep 9, 2015
    Chitown
    I have no idea what the prices are going to be.

14. Bunnykiller

Bunnykiller ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    and when the top pops off and they all fall to the floor..... imagine all the fun in sorting them out again ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. thomas l

thomas l Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

• Like Like x 2
  16. edyle

edyle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

definitely something a new vaper would be interested in to get started out with rebuilding.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BreSha6869

Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    Yup. But for under $10 I would likely buy one to throw in my backpack. Not sure about all of the different sizes though.... Seems to be overkill.

18. Tommy-Chi

Sep 9, 2015
    Chitown
    These were in stock at Origin Vape and I bought one Ferris Wheel. The pack of coils is pretty small and covers the palm of my hand.

I threw two A1, 26g +32g clapton coils measuring approx 0.6ohm each, together measuring in at 0.36ohms on my Sigelei 150W mod. I replaced dual single strand coils (guessing 26g b/c shop built them, and sold me similar A1) that were only comfortable at 70W on my Mako Shorty RDA. I'm vaping at 90W and it's not even warm.

Clouds. Flavor hasn't changed. Lots of clouds, once in a while a pop...nothing else noticeable. :headbang:

:vapor:

19. Tommy-Chi

Sep 9, 2015
    Chitown

The top is on very tight. You would have to be wantonly destructive to get the lid off. That said, once you have the sliding door open, you could knock the coils chosen out, if you were clumsy so work over a desk.

20. Tommy-Chi

Sep 9, 2015
    Chitown
    When the coils are used up, it will make a decent storage device. Right now all my Aspire coils and screws are in either Aspire plastic boxes or tiny ziplock bags.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.