Ferris Wheel Coil Box - w 70 Coils | UD | Youde Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    UD Tech - 01.jpg

I knew this area was going to explode with invention and here it is just Jan 18, 2016, and UD is going to take the bull by the horns and become a massive supplier of premade coils. VIDEO REVIEW

Ferris Wheel Prebuilt Coils box, consists of:

1) 24AGW (0.5mm),0.5Ω * 10pcs

2) 26AGW (0.4mm),1.2Ω * 10pcs

3) 26AGW (0.4mm),1.0Ω * 10pcs

4) 30AGW*4 quad-twisted,0.5Ω * 10pcs

5) 28AGW*2 double twisted,0.5Ω *10pcs

6) 26AGW*2 double twisted,0.5Ω *10pcs

7) 26 AGW+32 AGW clapton coil ,0.6Ω *10pcs

Last edited:

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    I can see ordering prefab clapton wire on a spool, but not pre-wrapped coils. Twisted coils are super easy to make. Just seems like a way to sell $1 worth of wire for $10+ to me, but I guess it's useful for folks who can't/don't like to wrap their own coils. :thumb:

I like the box. I guess there are other solutions waiting for me in the hardware section of any store, but it's compact for travel.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    I bet they sell a ton of these for people who want convenience. I'm too choosy about my builds though between diameter and number of wraps. I also think these would work best in RDAs. RTAs differ too much from each other.

I like the box, too though. Be nice for storing all my extra post screws or drip tips.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    I dunno, if one is actually spending the time installing a coil and wicking it, making the actual coil isn't really much more work.

If they were something like $0.10 each maybe, but $0.50-1.00+ each? Even a newbie dumb dumb like me can use a coil jig or wrap wire around a screw or drill bit.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    These were in stock at Origin Vape and I bought one Ferris Wheel. The pack of coils is pretty small and covers the palm of my hand.

I threw two A1, 26g +32g clapton coils measuring approx 0.6ohm each, together measuring in at 0.36ohms on my Sigelei 150W mod. I replaced dual single strand coils (guessing 26g b/c shop built them, and sold me similar A1) that were only comfortable at 70W on my Mako Shorty RDA. I'm vaping at 90W and it's not even warm.

Clouds. Flavor hasn't changed. Lots of clouds, once in a while a pop...nothing else noticeable. :headbang:

:vapor:

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    and when the top pops off and they all fall to the floor..... imagine all the fun in sorting them out again ;)

The top is on very tight. You would have to be wantonly destructive to get the lid off. That said, once you have the sliding door open, you could knock the coils chosen out, if you were clumsy so work over a desk.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    I bet they sell a ton of these for people who want convenience. I'm too choosy about my builds though between diameter and number of wraps. I also think these would work best in RDAs. RTAs differ too much from each other.

I like the box, too though. Be nice for storing all my extra post screws or drip tips.

When the coils are used up, it will make a decent storage device. Right now all my Aspire coils and screws are in either Aspire plastic boxes or tiny ziplock bags.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread