• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fighting over the television in our house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
My PS3 has been out for warranty service,,, it quit reading disks,,, grrrrrr. I really miss the darned thing,,, Alas,, it's scheduled to be delivered May 1st.

I only wish I was fighting over the TV. lol

I've been too busy to play anyway,,,:closedeyes:

I just picked up Drakes Fortune and Uncharted 2 and I'm looking forward to playing them!

Last edited:

Swigger14

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2011
Boston
yep. At least nothing that I didn't already have on XBOX. The limited distribution of games makes them hard to find at a good price or in good shape used.

I only have a PS3, but what types do you like?

I LOVE the Uncharteds, particularly 2. If you only tried the first, the second is a huge leap forward. I think InFamous (and the sequel) is very underrated. The Killzones are good FPS games, and I'd put a plug in for MAG with it's very cool 256 person system. It's a little thin on players now but you can still get a game. I think it's actually free to play now. I'm a big fan of the MGS series, although 4 might be my least favorite. Heavy Rain is a unique experience, although a very flawed game in my opinion.

All of those games should be pretty cheap now. GoHastings has good prices and frequent sales for used games. Amazon Warehouse as well.

The PS3 is pretty thin on RPGs.

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
I only have a PS3, but what types do you like?

I LOVE the Uncharteds, particularly 2. If you only tried the first, the second is a huge leap forward. I think InFamous (and the sequel) is very underrated. The Killzones are good FPS games, and I'd put a plug in for MAG with it's very cool 256 person system. It's a little thin on players now but you can still get a game. I think it's actually free to play now. I'm a big fan of the MGS series, although 4 might be my least favorite. Heavy Rain is a unique experience, although a very flawed game in my opinion.

All of those games should be pretty cheap now. GoHastings has good prices and frequent sales for used games. Amazon Warehouse as well.

The PS3 is pretty thin on RPGs.

Good suggestions. I picked up Drake's Fortune and Uncharted 2 for $30 sealed off of ebay. I didn't think that was too bad, since Uncharted 2 is the Game of the Year Edition and it included all the DLC and other goodies that I would have to pay for if I bought it used. (at least that's what I understand)

I should say I've only had my PS3 since Black Friday, and was always a generation behind in all the gaming I've done until now. I'm really here to learn from more expirienced players, so take my contributions for what they are worth.

There's nothing like going back a generation to have gaming fun on a budget. I have about 25 or so NES games, 100 or so N64 games and about 120 PS2 games, which I bought used for low buck. The most I had ever paid for a game previously, was $30 for Conker's Bad Fur Day,,, They are collecting dust since I got the PS3, but I'm finding I have to open my wallet wider to be in the game. Still, this is the first time I've ever been in the current generation,,, and I'm having fun playing things most people would consider old news.

One of the best gaming values for me was Red Dead Redemption and the Undead DLC packs. I love that game. If you get tired of shooting people, you can always play some liars dice or Texas hold em with some pretty cool people,,,

Oh, and my PS3 is back from repairs and is working great again.

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
lol, I love the classics. Every friend I have has said something like "do you remember that one game where......" and I love responding with "want to play it again?". I don't like thinking about numbers but I am sure that I am over 300 NES games now. I have been known to bust out a C64 just to play some of my old favs (likek phantasie) that never made it to the next gen.

I think it might have been uncharted 2 that I played...started with a wrecked train I think...tagged up some trophys and gave it back (my boss told me I needed to play it). It was ok. There are a few games I want to play on it, but just haven't found them cheap enough yet.

Good suggestions. I picked up Drake's Fortune and Uncharted 2 for $30 sealed off of ebay. I didn't think that was too bad, since Uncharted 2 is the Game of the Year Edition and it included all the DLC and other goodies that I would have to pay for if I bought it used. (at least that's what I understand)

I should say I've only had my PS3 since Black Friday, and was always a generation behind in all the gaming I've done until now. I'm really here to learn from more expirienced players, so take my contributions for what they are worth.

There's nothing like going back a generation to have gaming fun on a budget. I have about 25 or so NES games, 100 or so N64 games and about 120 PS2 games, which I bought used for low buck. The most I had ever paid for a game previously, was $30 for Conker's Bad Fur Day,,, They are collecting dust since I got the PS3, but I'm finding I have to open my wallet wider to be in the game. Still, this is the first time I've ever been in the current generation,,, and I'm having fun playing things most people would consider old news.

One of the best gaming values for me was Red Dead Redemption and the Undead DLC packs. I love that game. If you get tired of shooting people, you can always play some liars dice or Texas hold em with some pretty cool people,,,

Oh, and my PS3 is back from repairs and is working great again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread