figured out why my at work experience differed from at home...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDDIE D

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2010
FLORIDA
killavanilla is my current favorite flavor, at home it's the bomb, smooth delicious vanilla. lately my experience at work, maybe the last week or so, hasn't been as pleasureable. but today, this was my first awful experience with my "indoor cigarette."

okay, so i'm chilling in my car during break. one of the perks of the e-cig is enjoying it in my car. never smoked analogs in my cars due to the stench. anyways, the flavor was burnt and awful tasting really bad today.

i immediately was blaming the atomizer. i was blowing it out and retopping (i'm a dripper) but nothing was helping. i swapped to my backup (another 510 riva) and it was good for a couple drags, added more liquid so it wouldn't dry and then it too started tasting like crap.

so, thinking about it later tonight at home. using my 30ml bottles for topping, i have brown dropper bottles for the go in my little case, and i noticed my killavanilla is red/brown but the colored glass on my carry bottle is brown, hiding the color. checking out the color, which i remembered earlier in the day as clear sparked in my mind. i compared the colors and was puzzled why my to go killavanilla was not the main stock bottle's color. so i sniffed it. wow, it was obviously pungent with some nasty chemical smell.

next, i checked out my rathe mtn dewey. at home the main stock was yellow but the portable was red/brown like how the killavanilla is supposed to be. and now i was like, oh ....., my fluid is rancid.

i'm in nw florida, it's winter here but i guess the car temps are warm enough (50s/60s) with the car heating higher to fry the fluid. damn, i didn't think it would happen. wasted 5ml of each flavor 'cause i left the stuff in the car.

so, in conclussion for us e-cig noobs, definitely keep your e-juice in a cool/dark place.

eddie d

Ardeagold

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
Maryland
I suspect the car gets hotter than that during the day. Much hotter. If it's a dark car, then even hotter.

I think that at around 75ish in a dark car with the windows up, the interior temps can reach 120+ in a very short time if it's sitting in the sun.

So even at 50-60 F, I'd think a car sitting in the sun for hours would reach the high 80's to 90's for a period of time.

That's why there's such an uproar about dogs in cars when it gets warm. And here...70 is getting warm!

Jmitchelliv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
True story. I think I remember hearing someone else on ECF talk about the nic in your juice actually breaking down from exposure to extreme heat and sunlight. I might also suggest that you pick yourself up some brown or cobalt blue glass bottles from somewhere like US Plastics. In my experience they stand up a little better to the elements. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread