Fill cap on KF prime is PITA to remove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I just got a KF prime and it’s a great vape but removing fill cap requires taking tank apart like replacing coil.
    I think o ring over center tube is too large but I haven’t torn it down trying to eliminate problem.
    Anyone else have this problem?
    Seems like my KF5 was sometimes finicky with removing top cap.

Reactions: stols001

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I just got a KF prime and it’s a great vape but removing fill cap requires taking tank apart like replacing coil.
    I think o ring over center tube is too large but I haven’t torn it down trying to eliminate problem.

Lubricating the O-rings on Kayfuns is a must for easy disassembly. It doesn't hurt to put a drop of juice on the center chimney tube and o-rings as you put it all back together.

If it's hard to take apart, a rubber waffle pad will help you grip the parts. Those are in the kitchen utensil aisle at Walmart.

tdman77

ECF Veteran
    Jan 12, 2019
    New Orleans

I have had this problem also. I found that if you put some ejuice on the o-rings before you put it on helps. I also have had issues with the drip tip on my special edition being almost impossible to take out. Lube on those o-rings helps too.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    It feels like it’s one of the orings being a bit too thick and I’m going to tear out orings on the caps and see if it hangs up with no orings so I can rule out threads.
    It’s too bad they don’t put knurling or something on kayfun caps because my others can get stuck too at times but the prime is super sticky.
    I still like my kayfuns but I have avoided refilling because it’s a PITA.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    It feels like it’s one of the orings being a bit too thick and I’m going to tear out orings on the caps and see if it hangs up with no orings so I can rule out threads.
    It’s too bad they don’t put knurling or something on kayfun caps because my others can get stuck too at times but the prime is super sticky.
    I still like my kayfuns but I have avoided refilling because it’s a PITA.

I think they should have included a fill port on the bottom of the deck like the other Kayfuns. That's one of the reasons I'm still using my old EHPro Kayfun v2's more than the newer versions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread