Filled my carts for the first time and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warlordxxx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
Oldham UK
Filled my carts for the first time and everything went quite smoothly. However it seems like the atomizer is having problems getting the juice from the carts as when i get to the burning taste and add a bit more juice only 2 drops soak into the wadding material before it looks full again .. i have tried all 5 carts that i have refilled and they all run the same way . The wadding material isn't too tight in the carts and i have tried a mixture of having it at the top of the cart to a couple mm's under the edge and that seems to run the same too.

The juice i have refilled with is 65% PG if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for anything you can suggest :)

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
The reason you are having trouble is likely due to the viscosity of the juice.

The main reason why there are so many different juice feed methods and cart filler materials/mods is due to the fact that viscosity (thickness) of the juices from different manufacturers varies greatly.

You could either thin the juice by using PGA or distilled water, or you can try different fillers in your carts. Info on filler materials or cart mods can be found in the "Tips and Tricks" section.

You should excercise a degree of caution when experimenting with different fillers or thinning eliquids. If the liquid is too thick, it won't feed the atomizer quickly enough and you'll get the harsh burnt taste. Too thin and it will flood the atomizer and leak. The same applies to cart fillers. If it wicks to slow, burnt taste. Too fast, messy leaks and flooded attys. It takes a while to get it just right, but then you'll have the right amount/type of filler for the specific viscosity eliquid.

If you aren't against the idea, or need to use carts with your device for some reason, you may want to consider replacing the cart with a drip tip. There are numerous vendors here that carry them. I found dripping to be a far simpler solution to refilling carts a while back.

Other solutions could be to try the various other products from different vendors such as tank carts (which may be troublesome with thicker liquids), cartomizers, and other various feeding devices.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The feed rate of any cart to the atomizer will vary with the juice viscosity and the filler in the cart. If you are using polyfill (the cottony looking material) it should be a loose fit, but not loose enough to cause flooding. It should be an easy fit into the cart. You shouldn't have to use anything to push it down. Just roll it lightly and insert it. If will puff and expand when you add the juice. You also have to wash the filler material and press it dry once in a while. It will get compacted on the bridge end. Flip it end to end after you wash it and dry it to present the unused side to the bridge.

Try dripping three drops or so into the atomizer onto the bridge. If you get 7 to 10 good puffs off that, it's a juice feed problem. you can try the Marineland blue foam straw and plug mod. That might help.

Here's a link to all the mods in one place.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/72839-cart-mods-how-refill.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread