Filler-less carto in a tank on a bottom feeder. Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

njgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Princeton
I've been using my leftover Kanger horizontal coils on my new VV Bogger Box with mostly great success; however, Kangers have something of a disgusting filler taste initially. Another post on ECF talked about pulling out the filler, punching a tiny hole in the carto, and putting it in a tank. I tried this on my Provari and it leaked liquid a little much for my tastes.

Now that I have a bottom feeder, I'm thinking of trying this again. Remove the filler from a Kanger 510, punch a small hole in it, put it in a tank, and put it on my bottom feeder. Any 'leakage' would just go down into the bottle, and I'd have the benefit of two tanks, a constantly wet horizontal atty (think top feed and bottom feed at the same time), etc. Has anyone tried this (specifically removing the filler from the carto for the tank)?

Norman Clature

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Athens, GA, USA
Please pardon my ignorance. I thought a "bottom-feeder" was similar to "dripping" and that neither one required the synthetic fiber/poly-fill that are in carts. I've only been vaping since December, 2011 and I'm still using the simple KR-808d design batteries and carts. I was looking forward to the day when I could get away from the synthetic fibers/poly-fill because it's the one thing that concerns me (health-wise) about vaping. Perhaps my fear is unfounded, but it's real nonetheless.

Thanks,

Norman

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
Hey Norman, You are correct in that a bottom feeder does not require the use of a polyfil filled cartomizer. You can drip into an atomizer or squonk (squeeze) the liquid up into the atomizer from the juice bottle held within.

What the original poster was talking about was making a tank that normally holds a regular cartomizer with a hole punched in it, with a cartomizer with all of the filling removed. He was just going to use it on his bottom feeder device like he would a tube style mod. With a bottom feeder you can use atomizers, or cartomizers or cartomizer tanks.

Hope I explained that right and didn't muddy the scenario even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread