FInally, A Sane Article - Politico: "The Ridiculous Campaign Against Vaping"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been years since I posted here, but figured toss in this self-explanatory FYI. Published Sept. 18, 2019. Was surprised to see it at Politico, but glad it was put out there.

Living in California, Los Angeles, I'm SO tired of those uber-dramatic, cinematically scored ads online (and probably on TV too) running constantly at this point showing kids vaping. It's similar to the media's campaign against pot in the 1930s...

The Ridiculous Campaign Against vaping
Opinion | The Ridiculous Campaign Against Vaping

Buried in the comment section is my response to one person in which I included this video that probably some amongst you have already seen. But of course said ridiculous campaign in the U.S. wouldn't dare put this out there for it shows why the Brits and Europeans are far more sensible and honest about vaping.

Oh, and scientifically accurate through see-with-your-own-eyes proof.
Imagine that... science over hype.

Impact of Smoking vs Vaping Demonstration

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Ypsilanti mi
It's been years since I posted here, but figured toss in this self-explanatory FYI. Published Sept. 18, 2019. Was surprised to see it at Politico, but glad it was put out there.

Living in California, Los Angeles, I'm SO tired of those uber-dramatic, cinematically scored ads online (and probably on TV too) running constantly at this point showing kids vaping. It's similar to the media's campaign against pot in the 1930s...

The Ridiculous Campaign Against Vaping
Opinion | The Ridiculous Campaign Against Vaping

Buried in the comment section is my response to one person in which I included this video that probably some amongst you have already seen. But of course said ridiculous campaign in the U.S. wouldn't dare put this out there for it shows why the Brits and Europeans are far more sensible and honest about vaping.

Oh, and scientifically accurate through see-with-your-own-eyes proof.
Imagine that... science over hype.

Impact of Smoking vs Vaping Demonstration

CBS News ran THIS, this morning...

What the science says about the safety of e-cigarettes

The first part of it shows this from PHE, and then they repeat the experiment in their own lab. (Surprise, surprise, they got the same results)
To give the story the proper "balance" (spin it to fit the desired narrative) they interviewed a researcher doing exposure tests with rats who claims to have found that long term vaping can cause hardening in the arteries.
He also said that VG & PG are petroleum based oils.
I wanted to reach through the TV and smack him.

mn shutterbug

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
Marshall, MN - USA
CBS News ran THIS, this morning...

What the science says about the safety of e-cigarettes

To give the story the proper "balance" (spin it to fit the desired narrative) they interviewed a researcher doing exposure tests with rats who claims to have found that long term vaping can cause hardening in the arteries.
He also said that VG & PG are petroleum based oils.
I wanted to reach through the TV and smack him.

I saw the news on this test on rats and they give no details such as PG/VG ratio, wattage, quantity etc. As far as I'm concerned, it was a wasted and worthless test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread