Finally did it, I bought myself an itaste SVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

xanadu0324

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
Hilham, TN, USA
Rofl :laugh:Tafkan is right, his name is Phil. He has a video (I forget which one) where he ranted about how he was in a vaping article and they put his name as "Pete Busardo".

It is Phil, however you aren't the first to call him Pete, nor the last. At the beginning of his vids he says P. Busardo here (which sounds like Pete...) because his Youtube name is...PBusardo!

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I just read this thread and wanted to ask a question. I have had an SVD for several months. It does really seem to go through batteries quickly though. Not a huge deal because I have plenty of batteries. However, if I use it in VV mode do the batteries seem to last longer?

A few questions back at you:

1. What do you mean by "quickly"?
2. What batteries are you using in the unit?
3. How much do you vape (ml/day) and what device(s) are you using on the SVD?

I'm still waiting on my SVD (Just got the ship notification from FT) so I can't speak about the SVD. But I do own three other VV/VW devices, and don't really notice much difference in battery life between VV or VW mode. On my Vamo and my Zmax, I use stacked 18350's (700 mAH IMRs) and they both last well over a day without needing a charge (actually about a day and a half), and I charge my MVP about every other day.

I am not a "chain vaper" so that has a big impact on battery life also.

piggy

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2013
New York
I just read this thread and wanted to ask a question. I have had an SVD for several months. It does really seem to go through batteries quickly though. Not a huge deal because I have plenty of batteries. However, if I use it in VV mode do the batteries seem to last longer?

I'm thinking that the power output is different when you are in VV mode.
You can only compare if you are using the same resistance (ohm's)delivery. What resistance are you using? and what wattage/voltage settings are you comparing?

Tommy Trauma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indianapolis
It is Phil, however you aren't the first to call him Pete, nor the last. At the beginning of his vids he says P. Busardo here (which sounds like Pete...) because his Youtube name is...PBusardo!

then Phil it shall be hehehe. Sorry P ete...err. Phil. Still blaming him for my $300.00 purchase of vaping hardware this past weekend :D. Anyhoo, received my SVD this morning plus other goodies and am loving it.

havoc1967

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Colorado Springs
A few questions back at you:

1. What do you mean by "quickly"?
2. What batteries are you using in the unit?
3. How much do you vape (ml/day) and what device(s) are you using on the SVD?

I'm still waiting on my SVD (Just got the ship notification from FT) so I can't speak about the SVD. But I do own three other VV/VW devices, and don't really notice much difference in battery life between VV or VW mode. On my Vamo and my Zmax, I use stacked 18350's (700 mAH IMRs) and they both last well over a day without needing a charge (actually about a day and a half), and I charge my MVP about every other day.

I am not a "chain vaper" so that has a big impact on battery life also.

A battery will last me about half a day. I only use 18650's in all my mods. Alot of gray panasonics and then some of those lime green ones too ;) I vape quite a bit throughout the day....and even more when I am drinking ;) Device wise I only use Vivi Nova's, Kanger Protanks, Evods, etc.

It isn't a huge issue actually because I always have 2 spare batts with me at all times. I am OCD so I take being prepared to a whole new level. My travel kit that I always have with me has 2 spare batts, 2 spare evods, a bottle of juice and a back up mod. Yep... I like being prepared :)

TafkanX

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Lubbock, Texas, United States
I have a pair of Efest 18650 3400mah IMRs that I rotate through my SVD. I generally use one almost all day and then toss it in the charger when I get home and put in the fresh battery. By the time I get around to doing this I've only really managed to drain it to about 3.7V or so. In this time I'm pushing an iClear 30 somewhere between 5.3V - 6V and I blow through about 3-5ml throughout the day, so no I don't think the SVD is too hard on batteries.

Tommy Trauma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indianapolis
Ok, so I got my new SVD yesterday and I love it for being my first bigger mod compared the spinners and old Boge Leo PT I've been using the past two years. Still haven't found the "light saber" function, but its got to be there somewhere hehehe. But I have a couple of questions. I ordered 4 Panasonic 2250mah button tops from Orbtronics, but they've been held up until the "echeck" clears. (note: I didn't, nor have ever ever used an echeck. Always used instant transfer of funds from my paypal account), but anyway. I was desperate to try out the SVD, so I ran up to my local b&m here, and he immediately grabbed this panasonic 3400mah protected battery (picture below) and told me this is the "latest greatest" one and would work perfectly in my SVD. I told him I thought I had read on ECF here that we should'nt use a "protected" battery in a regulated device. He assured me it would be fine. I've been there several times and from listening to him I could summarize he knew what he was talking about. So I buy it and a couple bottles of his black honey tobacco (gooood stuff, my new favorite juice now). pop in the battery and happily enjoy hitting my new PT2 with delight (yes, I fully charged it when I got home). So my question is, is it an ok battery to use with my SVD?

Question two, I'm finding that if I use anything over 4.0 volts and over I get a rather burnt taste from that black honey 50/50 juice in my PT2 1.8ohms, a Kanger T3S 1.8, and even, apparent but not so bad in the iclear30 2.2 ohms I just filled and tried.. At 3.3 is frikkin heaven, although its takes a little longer to get a nice big hit. Are other owners of this SVD finding that higher voltages really ruin the flavor of the juice? I realize that different juices will require slight adjustment, but the 3.3-3,7 range is the sweet spot it seems. Maybe I just like a cooler and tastier vape.

I've read through these two threads too. So I'm even more confused now.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/463646-itaste-svd-batteries.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/4848-9-battery-basics-mods-imr-protected.html

Advice needed, thanks everyone.

IMG-20131114-00659.jpg

Last edited:

TafkanX

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Lubbock, Texas, United States
IMRs are a "safer chemistry" battery and are generally considered the safest ecig battery available at this time and by design are unprotected. In a regulated mod you really shouldn't be using a protected battery because most regulated mods on the market nowadays have a plethora of protection built in (reverse polarity, under-discharge, short-circuit, timer cutoff, etc). I've seen it compared to running two separate antivirus programs on your computer simultaneously.

Edit: Not to say that you can't use protected cells, they're just not the first recommendation you'll see on these forums

Last edited:

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
A battery will last me about half a day. I only use 18650's in all my mods. Alot of gray panasonics and then some of those lime green ones too ;) I vape quite a bit throughout the day....and even more when I am drinking ;) Device wise I only use Vivi Nova's, Kanger Protanks, Evods, etc.

It isn't a huge issue actually because I always have 2 spare batts with me at all times. I am OCD so I take being prepared to a whole new level. My travel kit that I always have with me has 2 spare batts, 2 spare evods, a bottle of juice and a back up mod. Yep... I like being prepared :)

Yes, if you're a heavy vaper, it's not unusual to blow through a battery over the course of a day. Honestly, I have some days where I barely vape 2 ml, I know there's some folks on the forum that can go through 10-20 ml a day.

Spares are where it's at, and you're not OCD, you just plan well. ;)

Ok, so I got my new SVD yesterday and I love it for being my first bigger mod compared the spinners and old Boge Leo PT I've been using the past two years. Still haven't found the "light saber" function, but its got to be there somewhere hehehe. But I have a couple of questions. I ordered 4 Panasonic 2250mah button tops from Orbtronics, but they've been held up until the "echeck" clears. (note: I didn't, nor have ever ever used an echeck. Always used instant transfer of funds from my paypal account), but anyway. I was desperate to try out the SVD, so I ran up to my local b&m here, and he immediately grabbed this panasonic 3400mah protected battery (picture below) and told me this is the "latest greatest" one and would work perfectly in my SVD. I told him I thought I had read on ECF here that we should'nt use a "protected" battery in a regulated device. He assured me it would be fine. I've been there several times and from listening to him I could summarize he knew what he was talking about. So I buy it and a couple bottles of his black honey tobacco (gooood stuff, my new favorite juice now). pop in the battery and happily enjoy hitting my new PT2 with delight (yes, I fully charged it when I got home). So my question is, is it an ok battery to use with my SVD?

Can't tell you about the SVD without looking it up, but I know there are some mods that won't even function with a protected battery. I've seen several threads that start out with "I put a battery in my mod, turn it on, and as soon as I try to vape, it shuts off" that turn out to be caused by a protected battery.

Like TafcanX said, IMR batteries are "safer chemistry" batteries, and are perfectly safe to use in a mod with built-in protection.

Question two, I'm finding that if I use anything over 4.0 volts and over I get a rather burnt taste from that black honey 50/50 juice in my PT2 1.8ohms, a Kanger T3S 1.8, and even, apparent but not so bad in the iclear30 2.2 ohms I just filled and tried.. At 3.3 is frikkin heaven, although its takes a little longer to get a nice big hit. Are other owners of this SVD finding that higher voltages really ruin the flavor of the juice? I realize that different juices will require slight adjustment, but the 3.3-3,7 range is the sweet spot it seems. Maybe I just like a cooler and tastier vape.

I've read through these two threads too. So I'm even more confused now.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/463646-itaste-svd-batteries.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/4848-9-battery-basics-mods-imr-protected.html

Advice needed, thanks everyone.

View attachment 272658

Do a Google image search for "Safe vaping voltage", those charts are all over the Internet. There's a voltage "sweet spot" if you will for vaping various resistance coils, and it mostly seems to happen around 7 watts, give or take. It's not a hard and fast rule, but it's a good starting point to fine-tune your vape.

When you find one of those charts, you'll see that for a 1.8 ohm coil, 3.25 to 3.5 volts is right in the middle of the sweet spot, and 4 volts gets you up into the "burn" zone.

Ronald3638

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
Zeeland, MI, USA
Am I the only one who LIKES the SVD in 18650 mode? Take it everywhere with me. Think you'll like the SVD, though, I had a Vamo that worked fine, but the threads slowly went to pot. The SVD just feels sturdier, and while it seems to eat batteries in comparison to the Vamo, it's a great mod. Really liking Innokin these days.

It eats batteries because you vape more with it like I do LOL.

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas

I have heard people say that with the SVD in VV mode they're batteries seem to last longer. Don't quote me on this because I might be wrong but the SVD uses PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) which from my understanding, it checks the resistance of your atomizer. Since in VW mode it adjusts to the ohms of your atomizer so if it checks the resistance constantly when your in VW mode that may be why it uses more battery power. That's just my take on it, once again I may be wrong so feel free to correct me XP

SmokieTreats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
Xanth Nebula
Yeah, I took a roll of the dice & ordered em through a 100% Power Seller on eBay.
$65.99 for the full kit (knew I'd want the longer tube - and the 2 iclear 30's plus 3 xtra coils was a no-brainer for me) ... and $113.50 for the 134 (he's now selling em for $69.99 & $133.50.:D)

Figured I've never been in a situation -even ONCE in my 41 years- to end up needing to make a warranty claim from a manufacturer... so :censored: it.
(I know, I know... there's a first time for everything... and I've seen a lotta people trippin on their fire/power button cr@ppin out - but whatever:nun:)

I also got 3 iClear 30S's, and I LOVE em. (Have only tried one original iClear30 so far.)

Happy two-fisted power-vapin.:headbang:

(Can't wait to start building some coils tomorrow night for my Tobeco Kayfun Lite/Russian 91% clone & my Trident clone! First attempt. Wish me luck!)

:party:-{S.uperior V.aping D.evice.}-:toast:

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
Yeah, I took a roll of the dice & ordered em through a 100% Power Seller on eBay.
$65.99 for the full kit (knew I'd want the longer tube - and the 2 iclear 30's plus 3 xtra coils was a no-brainer for me) ... and $113.50 for the 134 (he's now selling em for $69.99 & $133.50.:D)

Figured I've never been in a situation -even ONCE in my 41 years- to end up needing to make a warranty claim from a manufacturer... so :censored: it.
(I know, I know... there's a first time for everything... and I've seen a lotta people trippin on their fire/power button cr@ppin out - but whatever:nun:)

I also got 3 iClear 30S's, and I LOVE em. (Have only tried one original iClear30 so far.)

Happy two-fisted power-vapin.:headbang:

(Can't wait to start building some coils tomorrow night for my Tobeco Kayfun Lite/Russian 91% clone & my Trident clone! First attempt. Wish me luck!)

:party:-{S.uperior V.aping D.evice.}-:toast:

Good luck on your re-building venture! It's pretty fun once you get into it. I'm still kind of a noob but I've been getting into it, got an Igo-L and an RSST and I'm loving them both at the moment :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread