Finally did it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

likwidkool

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2014
Jersey City, NJ USA
So I feel 100% better now. After buying my first vape which was a knockoff kanger Evod starter kit represented as genuine and being charged $75 for it I bit the bullet and found a real vape shape. Chasing clouds in Linden, NJ was awesome. The guy took his time to assess my needs and set me up with an MVP and aspire nautilus tank. I picked up 3 juices and some extra coils for $125. He took his time to explain how everything worked and was awesome. I even learned a bit on building coils as he was dealing with another customer. This was a great experience and I love my new gear. I really didn't want a box mod but he really felt for a beginner this was the way to go. I just can't say enough how finding the right place made such a difference. I was feeling so burned after my first encounter with a b&m.

bm2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
I know exactly where you're coming from. I've visited about 15 vape shops in the St. Louis area and the range of prices on a single item are ridiculous. Some stores charge 3-4x what you pay on the internet while some are just a couple bucks more than online retail. Although all the staff at the vape shops I've visited were very kind, some employees were experts while some knew very little.

DuckGooseMan

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2014
CA, USA
I feel like most B&Ms are one of two extremes: A chill place with nice, helpful workers and reasonable prices, or a trendy place with overpriced gear and elitist vapers who give you dirty looks when asking about anything but cloudchasing. But that's just personal experience!

Anyways, congrats on the setup! I'm actually thinking of picking up an MVP for myself, since I'm always hearing such good things about it :D

Kendogalopigus

Jul 22, 2014
Manteca, CA, USA
yea that first one did you dirty, i love my local vape shop they have great friendly people that are always willing to help out esp a noob like me. over the past couple weeks ive been going in there talking to people getting opinions and recommendations and yesterday bought my first mech/rda. went back later and some of the people i was talking to were there or showed up after and they were all smiles asking me how i was liking it, what i thought, if i was gonna try my own builds soon, showing me techniques on clearing the cotton for a new flavor just going above and beyond.

i stay away from the 'wanna-be' shops like the cig stores that have the same mod clone i got for double or even triple the price, but i do love their reactions when you tell them 'this shop has it for this price' the only other place i go for anything vape related is this one no name cig store that has Vaporall juice for $4.99 12ml bottle and its good juice ive tried Green Apple and Gummi Bears still waiting for them to get Banana Runts lol.

Kendogalopigus

Jul 22, 2014
Manteca, CA, USA
Well that's good. I'm glad it wasn't one of these shops that are getting first time vapers into sub-homing and not telling them a dern thing about it. Drives me crayzay! Congrats on your new toys!

lol may drive you crazy to know i went from an evod starter set to a sub-ohm build on my first mech/rda not even a full month later, but unlike most people i do a lot of research before buying something expensive and/or potentially dangerous, i for one do NOT want to blow my face off lol.

likwidkool

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2014
Jersey City, NJ USA
I think their prices were pretty good. I compared to online and they are just a couple dollars higher. I can live with that. I have done research in the last few days and had some products in mind. He still suggested the mvp and nautilus. I am very happy with this setup and its such a better vaping experience the Evod knockoff.
If it wasn't for these forums I wouldn't even have had an idea what I wanted and would have gone back to logics or analogs. Great place here. Thanks!

DuckGooseMan

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2014
CA, USA
lol may drive you crazy to know i went from an evod starter set to a sub-ohm build on my first mech/rda not even a full month later, but unlike most people i do a lot of research before buying something expensive and/or potentially dangerous, i for one do NOT want to blow my face off lol.

Barely two weeks into vaping, I went from an iTaste V3 and AeroMini to a mech mod/rda build. Lots of research gives you confidence, eh? :laugh: Haha the only reason I haven't started building coils is because my wallet is empty. Life of a starving college student!

DuckGooseMan

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2014
CA, USA
I think their prices were pretty good. I compared to online and they are just a couple dollars higher. I can live with that. I have done research in the last few days and had some products in mind. He still suggested the mvp and nautilus. I am very happy with this setup and its such a better vaping experience the Evod knockoff.
If it wasn't for these forums I wouldn't even have had an idea what I wanted and would have gone back to logics or analogs. Great place here. Thanks!

That's what these forums are for: to make sure you have a great vaping experience. Enjoy your MVP/Nautilus and don't be afriad to ask questions, man. Happy vaping! :vapor:

Kendogalopigus

Jul 22, 2014
Manteca, CA, USA
Barely two weeks into vaping, I went from an iTaste V3 and AeroMini to a mech mod/rda build. Lots of research gives you confidence, eh? :laugh: Haha the only reason I haven't started building coils is because my wallet is empty. Life of a starving college student!

lol that it did, knowing the do's and don'ts with the lithium battery makes me feel confident in not blowing my face/hand off or burning my house down. i don't want to try my own builds yet mainly cause i don't have an ohms meter yet but also cause the 'master builder' as they call him at my local shop knows a LOT and they have build nights where he teaches different stuff for anyone that comes in and i want to wait and learn more from him and the youtube videos i watch before attempting, also i to am broke after getting my first mech yesterday and gonna be a couple weeks before i can get even some of the supplies/tools i will need.

chipd

Jul 11, 2014
Ohio
Congrats on the MVP 2 set up. I just got my MVP 2 Monday and just now put it on the charger. My first set up was a vv v3.0 and I like it as well. The vv v3.0 I will keep for travel and to vape while the MVP is charging. It's nice to have a local shop you can trust and I am willing to bet you will hang onto the MVP 2 even if you upgrade to a more powerful mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread