The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Finally got my new Ego...burnt taste?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by MandaB, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MandaB

MandaB Full Member

Mar 19, 2009
    So, today I finally got my new EgoT I'e been waiting on for 2 weeks (prob with my mail delivery not the company). I got it charged, put in my Vape Doc Carmel Mocha Juice (not tried the flavor before) and started vapeing. However, After a min I am noticing a very burnt taste- similar to an old cart that is drying out. Is this the flavor of the juice or something I am doing wrong....or will it go away? TIA.

2. dotma

dotma Ultra Member ECF Veteran Verified Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Spokane, WA
    Did you blow out the atty before you used it? They put this nasty primer stuff in it. Are you using the atomizer and tank?

3. MandaB

MandaB Full Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Ok...that might be it.... I just blew out the atty and now it is way worse. I Might just have to get threw it? EWWW.

4. laks

laks Full Member

Dec 6, 2011
    USA
    I'm wondering which flavors people seem to like the most, let us know when that bad flavor is gone.

5. ordepinc

ordepinc Full Member

Oct 18, 2011
    NJ
    Take a several strong puffs without activating the battery, this will help prime things up for you.

6. juicejunky

juicejunky Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2011
    gone
    The atty isn't getting enough liquid so you are tasting burnt atty or singed wick. Don't vape through it-yuck. Tanks do that. Take a few dry pulls without hitting the button to pull eliquid down into the wick. Your flavor may be too thick or have too much sediment to wick properly in a tank. You can try dripping some down the side slots to get the true flavor.

7. MandaB

MandaB Full Member

Mar 19, 2009
    haha! Made the BF try to get the burnt taste out. Told him to puff without the battery, he is dying. Too Funny.

8. MandaB

MandaB Full Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Really stupid question, but your suppose to leave the little plastic cap thing on the tank right?

9. Tango13

Tango13 Full Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Michigan
    I had the same problem. I pulled out the tank and put 2 or 3 drops right on the wick spike then 4 or 5 drops alongside the spike plate. Let the atty set for a few minutes then vaped. The problem was solved for me. Hope this works for you. You may get this in the future also if you let the tank go completely dry. VERY bad chemical taste. This proceedure cured the problem.

10. Tango13

Tango13 Full Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Michigan
    Also make sure that your tank is fully inserted. The soft outer cap comes off before using, the hard small cap inside stays on.

11. Tango13

Tango13 Full Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Michigan
    juicejunky's earlier post was right on. Dry ego-t atty = BAD BAD taste :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.