Finally I get whats the big deal about mech mods and low ohm vaping...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roasty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
unknown
After using en eGo-C Twist and an eVic with cheapo clearos, Kanger PT2 and RSST..

Finally got to setting up my first mech mod. Astro clone + RSST at 1.0 Ohms with air hole slightly drilled out. vaping The Standard Vape G-35. OMG the amount of vapor.. and the taste.. the mango is amazing! plus the vape is really smooth!!

I'm so worried i wont be stopping here... I'm so worried i'm going to start thinking about purchasing more mods.. I'm so worried i'm going to splurge on non-clone hardware and high end RBAs...

After realizing what i've been missing out on, i'm also soooo worried i'm going to start wondering what the fuss is about Provaris....

*TLDR opened up Pandora's box...

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
After using en eGo-C Twist and an eVic with cheapo clearos, Kanger PT2 and RSST..

Finally got to setting up my first mech mod. Astro clone + RSST at 1.0 Ohms with air hole slightly drilled out. Vaping The Standard Vape G-35. OMG the amount of vapor.. and the taste.. the mango is amazing! plus the vape is really smooth!!

I'm so worried i wont be stopping here... I'm so worried i'm going to start thinking about purchasing more mods.. I'm so worried i'm going to splurge on non-clone hardware and high end RBAs...

After realizing what i've been missing out on, i'm also soooo worried i'm going to start wondering what the fuss is about Provaris....

*TLDR opened up Pandora's box...

This is all about exposure therapy. The best cure for worrying about it is doing it. ;)

My thoughts on the Provari. I'm sure it's a great device and yadayada. My sweet spot is ~0.8 ohms, and I like short mods. So, the Provari is not very tempting. Provari with 18350 battery, 3.48". Pisces T with 18490 battery, ~2.75".

Zoom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
Tampa,fl,USA
Latest purchase MVP2.0 very satisfied. Will I buy a provari today no one day most likely. It's not about the money it's about enjoying what I have need some time of use before moving on. I'm sure it will be like my other hobbies motorcycles do I need four no but I have 4. Do I need more watches no but been collecting for 25 years. I think vape units will follow same progress. If you get happiness out of something when is enough never for me I love mechanical items that give me pleasure and are not hurting anyone. Don't know where I was going with this but there you have it.

todd0864

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
USA
I really want to try a mech and sub-ohm setup, but I'm worried about the taste. I already know that I don't like a 1.5ohm evod on a regular ego @ 3.7. And I don't like running my vw at 7 watts or higher with a 2.0-2.8ohm clearo. Thinking of running something at 15 watts, knowing higher watts makes my juices sour tasting, just doesn't sound good to me. So what's the magic with the RBA? Will it taste better than my clearos if i were to build it at the mid 2 ohm range?

Roasty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
unknown
This is all about exposure therapy. The best cure for worrying about it is doing it. ;)

If only my wife would understand this.. haha on a side note, she spent about half an hour with me in a vape shop whilst i was choosing some juice and she was already pretty unhappy.. i didnt make a single hoo-ha when i had to follow her shopping the rest of the day..

For me the best vape is a high-end vv device with a RBA on top.

Pardon my ignorance, aside from the Provari, is there anything else considered a high-end VV device?

DNA20s and high end attys for easiness, or High End Mechs and High end attys for awesomeness and pure power

yeah.. i lug my eVic or C Twist and a protank2 in small pouch for work time puffs.. and leave the Astro clone at home for some nice end of day vaping.

I'm pretty happy with the RSST.. very easy to set up. going to look into some higher end RBAs and maybe try one to see what it's all about.

I had the same epiphany last week when my first high end mechanical arrived. I immediately bought another and fight everyday not to get a few more. But I am enjoying myself, have not had a Cigar in 6 months and have spent less on this hobby than the cigars so I am ahead.

I thought i was ahead, but after purchasing a few bottles of premium juice, i think i'm about back to square one...

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I really want to try a mech and sub-ohm setup, but I'm worried about the taste. I already know that I don't like a 1.5ohm evod on a regular ego @ 3.7. And I don't like running my vw at 7 watts or higher with a 2.0-2.8ohm clearo. Thinking of running something at 15 watts, knowing higher watts makes my juices sour tasting, just doesn't sound good to me. So what's the magic with the RBA? Will it taste better than my clearos if i were to build it at the mid 2 ohm range?

as for the taste, the wattage, the burning etc etc on something like aclearo tank? this is where there is a lot of misconception and not understanding, these devices arent designed in any way to be run at higher power.an rba is tuned to the settings you want, if i want a coil to handle 25 watts it will run great at 25 watts. the prebuilt stuff is set to run in a specific range and thats it. go outside of this range and they work like crap.

albcig

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2012
tirana
well, you don't even need to go very deep into the sub ohm zone. a 0.9 - 1.2 ohm coil is usually my yummy spot. but is true, once you go there (with the right tools ofc) nothing else satisfies you. and you don't even need an expensive device to achieve that. cheap mechs and and silica type RBAs ( kayfun, ithaca, cheap RDAs) are all i use these days. and ofc carto tanks, the old good drop and forget carto tanks.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

Finally got to setting up my first mech mod. Astro clone + RSST at 1.0 Ohms with air hole slightly drilled out. Vaping The Standard Vape G-35. OMG the amount of vapor.. and the taste.. the mango is amazing! plus the vape is really smooth!!

I've read a few posts lately about people 'getting it' with this stuff. Glad you found a great vape :thumb:

I got into it with a K100, a KTS and a AGA-T in March I think. Took me a few weeks to figure it all out. The AGA-T quickly became my main vape tool. I never did get any great urge to buy any higher end gear. I don't really care what my PV looks like and I'm a tinkerer, so modifying stuff appeals to me.

Vape on :smokie:

samcm010

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ashburn Virginia USA
I was directed to the cartomizers by some smart people on ECF as a good option to take with me snowboarding and I ordered a few from Ikenvape. I have to say I was really surprised how good they were. I tried some cheap ones when I first started and they were BAD. Not sure if you want to try them but the tanks can be really affordable as are even the better carto's. I still like my RDa's and genesis (and today my russian 91% love it!) but they will be my go to system for on the go. Plus Phiniac and Ibtanked make some pretty cool tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread