Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I have it nailed at the moment.

ADV is using my Nautilus mini around 15W on my CF4. Space Jam Eclipse 0mg mixed with 6mg Hangsen RY4 which is a high PG blend so this makes the Space Jam more affordable and much easier for the coils which last a long time. It also has a similar flavour profile so the mix gives a nice vape. No issues with gurgling, or performance and just the right slightly sweet tobacco flavour ADV. Hits the spot just right.

In the evenings I prefer a sub ohm vape. CF4 again but with Kangertech Subtank Nano, higher VG juice at 30W. juice has to be at least 70VG or it gets overheated and the vape is too hot and it sometimes spits juice regardless of coil age.

I was really struggling to make my evening vape work. Was using good juice - Charlies Chalk Dust - but the vape was awful in the subtank nano, too hot, spitting liquid etc... Also had some 0mg MAX VG liquids that gave excellent flavour and thick vapour but due to no nicotine - got boring real quick.

Mixed 3mg Charlies Chalk Dust with some MAX VG liquids I had some left overs of and much better now. I am getting 1.5mg nic which seems to be just right for me when sub ohming and less PG vapes better in a subtank.

I learned through trial and error that subtanks need at least 70VG or higher for a good vape and that they make PG too hot and nasty.

Also I found the fat bore subtank nano drip tip to give me too much air and indigestion. I now have a more narrow bore conventional drip tip on the nano and I prefer it.

Bit p'd off that the shop is selling 60VG/40PG for sub ohming, but as with all things vaping you seem to have to work it all out for yourself and I got to the lesson of at least 70VG in the end.

The Evod is used as back up for if I leave the CF4 at work by mistake and to use in public places like the library, shopping malls or on a train. Not the best vape in the world but does the job and coils last forever and it's a very affordable vape.

Moral of the story is keep plugging away, experiment, do your research and you can find your sweet spot.

And also lastly, sadly but truthfully, you have to accept that you will need to spend some money on some stuff that will just not really work for you and throw stuff out and try new things before you get to what works for you.

It is worth it in the end though to be able to say 'I am a vaper, not a smoker.'

Last edited:

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
Guys, don't worry about it, no matter what you spend (within reason) you are still ahead of smoking. Buying new stuff is part of it, and really the most fun we've had since being a kid. Your "sweet spot" today may not be so tomorrow. It truly is a journey as they say. As long as you aren't smoking, you must be doing it right.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Yeah a good RY4 is heaven.

Oh and as an addendum to my thread - before flushing any juices down the drain, try mixing them in small quantities and dripping them or putting a little in your tank. I've saved a lot of £££'s by mixing juices that didn't work alone due to nic / VG / PG content and creating vapable blends... I make myself use it all up before I order more.

Reactions: mattiem

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Turn It Down.

My wife doe not like even a Warm vape. the subtank works well even at wattage down to 15w. When your Flavor seems to Hot - it is usually to hot - turn it down. ;)

As for myself, depending on Device/build/flavor - I might be vaping from 15w-80w

You're saying a kanger VCC .5ohm coil WILL work at 15W with 50/50 liquids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread