Finally! No more urges to buy new gear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOdessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Finally! I've tried so many sub ohm tanks with a shelf of them to prove it along with box mods and I've found my perfect set up that I'm 100 percent happy with. That urge of "must have more" and "must have the latest and greatest" has finally subsided after 100s of dollars spent. I can finally relax on hardware and focus on enjoying good juices. I still stay up on new tech but I'm finally happy on my go to juice vendor and hardware. Oh what a good feeling!

My goto set up: Atlantis V1 with cotton coils and 5ml upgrade and ipv mini 2 at 32 watts. Any higher then 32 and the vape is too warm to enjoy. To justify this, I personally own the following:

Atlantis V2
Subtank
Subtank mini using both Occ and rba
Delta I I using both coil and rba
Lemo
Lemo 2
Arctic tank
Starre tank
Herakles tank
Kayfun
Kay fun v4

Ipv mini 1
Istick 30
Istick 20
M50 with 65w upgrade

My go to juices are all from itcvapes. 20$ for 120ml for the win.

Time to sell off old items or give them to friends to help them quit smoking.

FYI I'm so busy that rebuilding isn't an option for me. It's much Cheaper, and I have a ton of kanthal in different gauges with a big bag of Koh Gen do, but I'd rather pay for convenience of coils.

Wonderful feeling!

Ongeslepen

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Amsterdamaged
haha, i feel like i'm almost there. I started vaping longer then a month now. First i started with a xfire - starters kit , i just picked it because it looked cool. Compared to what i know now, i knew nothing about vaporizers (i don't want to call the e-cigs, e-cigs anymore, give me a better name if you know any) at the time. Only to realize later that i didn't find it satisfying enough. So a week later i bought a istick50w with a nautilus tank.
And man... my gut and researching about it was right, what an improvement that was.
Shortly after i bought the subtank mini, and man oh man.. it got even better. :D

But because i'm still exploring different kinds of liquid i had to buy another sub-ohm tank and another "normal" tank in order to change flavour and experiment with that
so i bought another nautilus and a lemo 2.

I just started building my own coils for a week now and i have to say, i kinda like it. Bit of tinkering here and there. Figuring out what wire to use and how tight or loose i should wick etc etc..

The only thing i feel like that's missing now is a dripper. I think now that whatever tank i buy, the difference is going to be quite small in taste and airflow. That's where the dripper comes in, the last big step up. All i have to do now, is find a good one so i don't have to buy a 2nd dripper after that.

All this in a month, it's been an exciting one :D

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
It's OK for the old timers. They had years to accumulate stuff. I got my first Evod and within weeks people started telling me the end was nigh, so I have to buy as fast as my credit card will let me. Pretty soon we'll all be out on Ebay bidding against each other for a used PT2, works fine if you hold your thumb over the crack in the glass.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Finally! I've tried so many sub ohm tanks with a shelf of them to prove it along with box mods and I've found my perfect set up that I'm 100 percent happy with. That urge of "must have more" and "must have the latest and greatest" has finally subsided after 100s of dollars spent. I can finally relax on hardware and focus on enjoying good juices. I still stay up on new tech but I'm finally happy on my go to juice vendor and hardware. Oh what a good feeling!

My goto set up: Atlantis V1 with cotton coils and 5ml upgrade and ipv mini 2 at 32 watts. Any higher then 32 and the vape is too warm to enjoy. To justify this, I personally own the following:

Atlantis V2
Subtank
Subtank mini using both Occ and rba
Delta I I using both coil and rba
Lemo
Lemo 2
Arctic tank
Starre tank
Herakles tank
Kayfun
Kay fun v4

Ipv mini 1
Istick 30
Istick 20
M50 with 65w upgrade

My go to juices are all from itcvapes. 20$ for 120ml for the win.

Time to sell off old items or give them to friends to help them quit smoking.

FYI I'm so busy that rebuilding isn't an option for me. It's much Cheaper, and I have a ton of kanthal in different gauges with a big bag of Koh Gen do, but I'd rather pay for convenience of coils.

Wonderful feeling!

Congratulations! I can't wait to be where you are now. Just wanted to thank you for the reference to ITCVapes. I have finalized my order for their Black & Blue Cheese, Lemon Bar, Bug Juice and Sweet Blue. Great deal! can't wait to taste the flavors!

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
It's OK for the old timers. They had years to accumulate stuff. I got my first Evod and within weeks people started telling me the end was nigh, so I have to buy as fast as my credit card will let me. Pretty soon we'll all be out on Ebay bidding against each other for a used PT2, works fine if you hold your thumb over the crack in the glass.
What constitutes an old timer?

drksideken

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Syracuse, IN, USA
Grats!!! I'm going to go after the Lemo 2 and a DNA 40 and then I'll consider myself done as well. Right now is almost good enough with my Kayfun v4 and Istick 20. Only problem I have right now is how specific I have to be to get a good build on my Kayfun 4 Tobeco clone. I've finally gotten it to the point of not getting a burnt hit, so I must be doing something right hehe.. Anyway, glad you've gotten squared away :)

Troy Noh

Apr 12, 2015
california
I'm perfectly fine with my Lemo 2, and Kbox. easy to fill, build on. Now I did exchange my ST min for a Kayfun V4 from Tobeco. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the juice control.
Once I have that figured out, I should be good. vaping a 70/30 blend on a kayfun V4 not going to happen, she's fine with a 60/40 blend, wicking is a issue too, but I didn't wick my first build either

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I bought another Silver Bullet mechanical mod for myself last year, and gave my old one to my son to help him stop smoking.

I had to move out of town last fall. I wanted my son & daughter to have something easy and dependable when I'm not around. So I bought him and my daughter new Aspire Nautilus tanks. Neither of them rebuild, although my son is using my old IGO-W RDA on his SB. She's using my old Mini Provari.

So other than that, I've only purchased a couple of new batteries and e-liquid in the last year.

I'm perfectly happy using my Silver Bullet with Patriot RDA; and my Kayfun Lite Plus on my Provari. Both have been in daily use for over a year.

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
I've hit a "sweet spot" in gear at times, notably a PT2/Sigelei ZMax combo. But a buddy of mine likes to pay me for services with new hardware, and he's a shiny new thing hunter/reseller, so I keep getting upgrades and advice. I'm going through a binge right now, with sub-ohm tanks and mini mods. Still haven't gotten that damn Goliath from Gearbeast yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread