Finally Pods with Screen n direct adjustable wattage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Thanks for the link @SonnyCooL . This is a really interesting pod system and checks a lot of the boxes for what I would find appealing. I will definitely keep an eye out for this and see how others rate it.

I do question the reviewer a bit not giving any indication of how battery life was for him. Since he vapes it at 23w I would think the 950mAh battery would not give very good running time, but he didn't make any mention of that. Fortunately, I would probably not vape at that high a level so I'm not particularly concerned but would still like to know his experience.

The addition of TC is very much welcome since all the devices I have with TC I use in TC mode and specifically look for that feature when getting ready for a purchase. If TC is available, and it has been reviewed to be fairly accurate, it becomes a major decision factor for me. Having a screen is really good too, but he didn't mention if it had a stealth mode to keep the screen off. On mods with a screen this is something else I always look for. Stealth mode isn't really a deal breaker for me if it's not there, but it's a really nice to have feature.

Reactions: RayofLight62

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Thanks for the link @SonnyCooL . This is a really interesting pod system and checks a lot of the boxes for what I would find appealing. I will definitely keep an eye out for this and see how others rate it.

I do question the reviewer a bit not giving any indication of how battery life was for him. Since he vapes it at 23w I would think the 950mAh battery would not give very good running time, but he didn't make any mention of that. Fortunately, I would probably not vape at that high a level so I'm not particularly concerned but would still like to know his experience.

The addition of TC is very much welcome since all the devices I have with TC I use in TC mode and specifically look for that feature when getting ready for a purchase. If TC is available, and it has been reviewed to be fairly accurate, it becomes a major decision factor for me. Having a screen is really good too, but he didn't mention if it had a stealth mode to keep the screen off. On mods with a screen this is something else I always look for. Stealth mode isn't really a deal breaker for me if it's not there, but it's a really nice to have feature.
i try search around but could't find any site selling nor any extra information abt this pod.
now wondering how their distributor network for replacement pod and cost.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
i try search around but could't find any site selling nor any extra information abt this pod.
now wondering how their distributor network for replacement pod and cost.
Doesn't matter - if you can't buy the pod, you won't need to buy replacement coils. ;)

Yeah, this one does look nice, and checks a lot of boxes, except for my most important one: I've learned not to buy a pod system unless it looks like a success and that they'll be around to support with replacement pods. He did mention he thought Orchid came from the Dot Mods guy, and they have a decent rep. As far as features, this kind of blows away the Orion and just about any other pod: TC, screen like a mod, variable modes & watts, up to 30W? i no longer TC, but with pod expense, that could be a valuable feature. What wouldn't be to like if it's built well and available?

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I only use pods for backup or stealth. A minifit is my goto for stealth. An Aspire pod that takes the old N mini coils goes on my long walks. My Orion rarely goes anywhere because it's bigger than the mini fit and heavier than the Aspire pod and the replacement part is expensive. The Orchid may be a wonderful device for others, not for me. What I'd like next is something in the size range of the minifit with draw activation that works well. I can be even stealthier that way.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
I only use pods for backup or stealth. A minifit is my goto for stealth. An Aspire pod that takes the old N mini coils goes on my long walks. My Orion rarely goes anywhere because it's bigger than the mini fit and heavier than the Aspire pod and the replacement part is expensive. The Orchid may be a wonderful device for others, not for me. What I'd like next is something in the size range of the minifit with draw activation that works well. I can be even stealthier that way.
at first, i use pods to stop analog, than pods for stealth vape, now pods is my out of home device (more frequent now) and 100% business trip vape device ...

Last edited:

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
Mine is on preorder. Hopefully few days of wait.

Pods are not my main vape, but I use them when the use of full size mod + tank, either low power MTL or subohm, isn't advised.

I currently use a Nautilus AIO, Smok Fit and Juul. All three of them, they easily disappear into the right (secondary) shirt pocket.

While very practical for some unassuming and casual vaping, they are routinely overpowered. 12 W where normally I would set it at 8.5 W, and so on.

With the Orchid, I hope to overcome this serious nuisance, caused by the general impossibility to adjust the power in the majority of pod systems.

In a pod, I'm no longer looking for anything long term, like coil / pod availability.

The sign is, the run toward aftermarket / compatible pods should have started already; chances are, there will be none, because of the break-neck turnover speed of these devices.

Sad, as sad is the intentional lack of compatibility among pods; this is the single most important sign of the intented throwaway meant by all manufacturers.

I'll post here as soon I receive the new Orchid pod system.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Mine is on preorder. Hopefully few days of wait.

Pods are not my main vape, but I use them when the use of full size mod + tank, either low power MTL or subohm, isn't advised.

I currently use a Nautilus AIO, Smok Fit and Juul. All three of them, they easily disappear into the right (secondary) shirt pocket.

While very practical for some unassuming and casual vaping, they are routinely overpowered. 12 W where normally I would set it at 8.5 W, and so on.

With the Orchid, I hope to overcome this serious nuisance, caused by the general impossibility to adjust the power in the majority of pod systems.

In a pod, I'm no longer looking for anything long term, like coil / pod availability.

The sign is, the run toward aftermarket / compatible pods should have started already; chances are, there will be none, because of the break-neck turnover speed of these devices.

Sad, as sad is the intentional lack of compatibility among pods; this is the single most important sign of the intented throwaway meant by all manufacturers.

I'll post here as soon I receive the new Orchid pod system.
I guess you ordered from VaporRange, as that's the only place I show taking pre-orders yet?
Like you, I wish most pods allowed you to set the wattage. This one, I really wanted to like - but I see a single pod costs $9.95?? Wow.

Reactions: RayofLight62

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
Been informed that the Orchid release date has been pushed forward by two weeks.
Today it was supposed to arrive at the UK dealer.
Rather, "for productions issues", the date is now 26 April.
Not assuring at all.
With the Smok Trinity (iirc) with replaceable coils due at the same time, maybe users will not think twice.
Taking people's money and not delivering is the recipe for failure. You have only one occasion to make a first good impression; Orchid lost theirs.
The wait restarts.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Received mine from Vape Royalty yesterday...WOW!!

Haven't posted in a while, but I thought this little device deserved some love. It's exactly what I wished my (2) Orions were going to be. I vaped a 3ml tank full last night at 18 satisfying watts and the tank and the battery were both depleted at almost the exact same time, and it lasted me almost 5 hours! I vape VG juice (Boba's Bounty) and it wicked and tasted just dandy. The only dry-ish hits were when I got a little greedy, but it gave me a pretty good warning before it pulled an "Orion" (permanently ruined the pod). I'll keep you posted on how this thing does over the next few days, but I'm really optimistic so far.

The Orchid is not nearly as sexy as the Orion, but who really cares?

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
I've cranked it up to 25 watts with straight VG, and all I can say is WOW. I can't believe how much vapor this little thing produces, or how good the flavor is! 6 years of vaping the latest and greatest, and this is right there at the top...

believe me
i like orchid too .... but is pod change not coil change, wait till they come out something like rewickable or coil swap cartridge than i go for it .... (now eyeing on joyetech exceed grip).

• Agree
Reactions: Jazzman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread