Finally Pods with Screen n direct adjustable wattage

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Looks a very capable device. But I still would like to see more design variety in new releasing mods. For me, every new release should come with a new design, mainly in a so new market like this.
try exceed grip from joyetech .... i kind of love it now.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
It seems like everything is a "pod" these days, even if it has a firing button, TC, DL, 1000mAh, and a color screen. Everybody wants a piece of the pod pie and it's rare for a week to go by without hearing of yet another upstart manufacturer. Can't blame 'em though. Disposable all-in-one tank/coil assemblies are better for margins, and tons of new, returning, and even veteran vapers are flocking to try high-strength salt nic formulations.

Last edited:

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
It seems like everything is a "pod" these days, even if it has a firing button, TC, DL, 1000mAh, and a color screen. Everybody wants a piece of the pod pie and it's rare for a week to go by without hearing of yet another upstart manufacturer. Like this one, OVNS :rolleyes:. Can't blame 'em though. Disposable all-in-one tank/coil assemblies are better for margins, and tons of new, returning, and even veteran vapers are flocking to try high-strength salt nic formulations.

Even pod performance is not up to mod standard, but We still choose pod for convenience, simplicity ...Life is much easier with pod when on the go,

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
15565455937326188726288636342954.jpg

Pod vs Mod
Nautilus AIO Vs Qbox/Tinis
There is overlapping territory...

I mean, I'm waiting for the Orchid Vape pod system, but I have had valid alternatives since years now. The Qbox mod with the Youde Tinis tank is the smallest mod / clearo combo available - and it is as small as, and certainly better, than a similarly sized and priced pod system...

Last edited:

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
New shipping date for the Orchid preorders here in the UK is next 10th of May. The reason specified in the email is a "setback in the manufacturing of the packaging".

Well, all packaging goes to the recycling bin almost immediately. I'm not the kind of person fancied by packaging... It is cardboard anyway...

What goes beyond my grasp... is the fact that the pictures of the device on the box are the exact represention of the color option contained within.

Until somebody told me that a detailed picture - is one of the anti-falsification measures, together with holograms, scratch codes and the likes.
Why they don't use hard serial numbers, I can't understand.

Keep waiting for the Orchid in its neat box...

Reactions: BNEAT

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Keep waiting for the Orchid in its neat box...

Ironic: I thought I was going to need a crowbar to get into that dam box!! (It's one of those boxes that fit together so well you could fill it with e-juice and it wouldn't leak!)

...and then, I put the instructions back in the box and closed it. Because, you know, we don't need no stinking instructions!:rolleyes:

Reactions: RayofLight62

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
Yihi and Teslacigs make pods with screen, albeit they are fixed wattage.

I believe the initial attribution of the "pod" name to the fourth e-cig generation was because of how the coil / wick was nested inside the e-liquid vessel; think of the pea and beans casing, which owe the name.

The power delivery device of a current pod system, from what I understand, has always been a minimal implement for sake of simplicity and cost, and has never had any defining specifications.

Therefore, in my opinion, yes - it is still a pod system.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I believe the initial attribution of the "pod" name to the fourth e-cig generation was because of how the coil / wick was nested inside the e-liquid vessel; think of the pea and beans casing, which owe the name.

How about the Z-Biip Pod...where you can replace the coil itself...

(It uses the same coils as the Zenith and Zlide tanks)...

• Informative
Reactions: BNEAT

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
Shipping date for the Orchid WAS today. I see the date has been postponed once more, now for the third time in a row, to May 24th.

Seller didn't say why there is more delay this time.

On the first occurrence the cause of delay was the plastic pods, the second time was the shipping box, now is some unspecific "manufacturing" problem.

So I have two Biip in the mail. It has only three power levels, but better than just one level - like most pod systems.

I didn't cancel the Orchid preorder, but I didn't order more - as it was originally in my intentions, so to replace all my pods with variable power ones. Also, I removed all the reminders in Calendar.

Cheers,

• Useful
Reactions: gerrymi

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2018
UK & much further East.
Can you adjust the airflow? It's a dinky little thing and the Exceed coils are quite nice.

Sadly no, there are 2 diff pods one with replaceable coils, that are meant to have different airflow levels. The Eleaf iTap, just released, has adjustable airflow and 2 different replaceable coils, but it's not as dinky as the Grip somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread