Not open for further replies.

dansus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Hi xxxx,

Just another quick update regarding the arrival of the Orchid Pod System

We did estimate we’d receive at some point this week, however that sadly hasn’t been the case.

The information we have received today, is that any manufacturing issues have now been rectified and they are just finalising the tpd packaging. Then all systems will be boxed up and dispatched to us.

We predict to receive within the next 10-14 days at the very latest.

• Informative
    Reactions: BNEAT

BNEAT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    I received my second Orchid yesterday, this one came from VAPEHAPPY. I was hoping they would send the two-pack of replacement pods along with the included foul smelling pod that everyone has been complaining about (rightfully so...it smells like super glue) But this one came with a perfectly neutral smelling single pod. From what I've seen in reviews some suppliers are sending the two-pack replacement pods and advising buyers to not use the included pod.

• Useful
    Reactions: gerrymi

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Now another in the Orion/Orchid/Frenzy style to consider (or soon anyway). Adjustable wattage, replaceable coil, adjustable airflow, from a respected mod maker. Looks like all it's missing is multiple coils to choose from.
    Wocket Pod - Another screen n wattage adjustable pods
    upload_2019-5-23_15-48-3.png

Jlmancuso1134

May 27, 2019
    I got mine from vaporrange about 2 weeks ago and I also got extra pods. First off DONT BUY THIS at least till a v2 comes out. The area where the pods sit is not sealed and any leakage will run down the board. I have used 3 different pods and they all leak. Some times just a little others tines massively. Juice is even found on the raised ledges which is just mind blowing. After a week I had a random issue with the screen showing charging when it was not plugged in. Later I had problem with it randomly scrolling power to max (burned a coil because I didn't notice till I hit it. Then it would not fire (or even power off) because the up button was stuck. Now (started yesterday 5-26-19) the screen is off and nothing works besides power off charge animation.

On to the good stuff. I run the pod between 10-18w depending on nic level and get around 250 puffs on a charge. The 3ml tank lasts around 300 puffs. The main pod I used I had over 3000 puffs (10 fills or 30ml of juice) and was still tasting good till the mod cranked to 30w randomly. If they can fix the leaking issues and seal the mod where the pods connect this will be a good device. As it stands $40-60 usd for something that fails in a few weeks is unacceptable.

I have had the dna Orion since release and have had zero issues leaking or functioning. Sadly the orchid could have replaced my Orion as main pod system if it wasn't junk.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
    Jan 10, 2015
    Kent - United Kingdom
    Thanks for reporting your experience with the Orchid.
    On this side of the ocean, today was the latest possible shipping date for the Orchid pod system, and there is no pod to be seen, nor an update to the delay notice. I stopped checking, even if I'm bothered by having paid for two sets and just left waiting.
    I skipped both the Orions, me being a Evolv fan boy, because of their non-adjustability.
    Hoping for the best, the fast (and the cheap) options are long gone...

Jlmancuso1134

May 27, 2019
    Sounds like you got the older pods. Did you contact the vendor for a replacement?

Yes I contacted the vendor and they are replacing it. Although I did not get the orchid again. I am getting an asmodus luna squonker instead.

Once the purge mods ally is released I will go with it instead. Much better pods which wont leak because of a better design and it has the screen and buttons. It will be about $20 more than this junk but should be way better quality too.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    I’ve been burning mine up on vacation and none of my pods have leaked. Maybe a little residual around every once in a while, but nothing major. I even packed a full pod in my carry on (in a zip lock baggy) and it didn’t leak either!! I’ve never had anything survive flying without leaking! (Keep in mind, I do use 100% VG)

Jlmancuso1134

May 27, 2019
    I’ve been burning mine up on vacation and none of my pods have leaked. Maybe a little residual around every once in a while, but nothing major. I even packed a full pod in my carry on (in a zip lock baggy) and it didn’t leak either!! I’ve never had anything survive flying without leaking! (Keep in mind, I do use 100% VG)

Even a little bit of leaking/residual will kill it in time. Remove your pod and look inside the mod where the long ledge meets the at the bottom. You will notice a big gap right where the back of the chip is.

Far as juice I ran 50/50 to max (80-90%vg) and yes higher vg leaked less. I was even getting juice down in the very bottom cambers of the pod. Again this was with multiple different pods not just the included one.

Jlmancuso1134

May 27, 2019
    Well lets see. My Orion, pal 2, and Aurora don't leak ever! So guess you have not tried everything. Now the ones that I have that do leak are sealed to keep leakage from damaging the device. Preventing possible leakage from destroying your device is really the main thing. If just a little attention was paid to details then this could have been a great device. I really liked it but it is just garbage.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread