Finally Pods with Screen n direct adjustable wattage

Status
Not open for further replies.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Keep in mind, I haven’t concluded my final review on this little device peeps, I may end up in the the same sinking boat as this guy!...but I’m not leaning that way atm. I have two devices, and twelve pods, so I’ll have a pretty good idea of what’s up by the time I’m done...bank on it

Last edited:

dansus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Once the purge mods ally is released I will go with it instead. Much better pods which wont leak because of a better design and it has the screen and buttons.
    I was under the impression Orchid (Wakemod) and Purge worked together on this mod, and they are essentially the same device.

Jlmancuso1134

May 27, 2019
    I was under the impression Orchid and Purge worked together on this mod, and they are essentially the same device.

Squid Industries and orchid started the project together. Printed on the box is the Squid Industries name but from what I have learned is that they left the project before it was done.

As far as the purge joining in I do not know. From the pictures I have seen it is possible they are using the same chip. The mods and pods are very different designs. I have added pictures and the purge device looks better made. Granted it is a picture so I can't say it is better made.

I really liked the orchid but it had a fatal design flaw and felt a little cheap with the hard plastic stickers (Nikki white is what I had) on the sides.
    82c0be.jpg
    orchid-variants.jpg

BNEAT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Well, I started my vacation with 2 Orchids and 12 Pods but only managed to return home with 1 Orchid and 11 pods...alcohol had NOTHING to do with it! The one I lost only had 6-7 tanks run through it, but it worked well while it lasted. My original Orchid worked like a champ and I abused the h!ll out of it. 90 degree direct south Florida sun, 2 drops onto the stone deck at the pool, bouncing around all over the boat, and of course flying.

If I had to guess I'd say I ran 40-50mL @ 19 watts and I never changed to a fresh pod. I'm not sure how other pod systems are holding up, but considering how small the coils are in these things that sounds pretty good to me. And the device performed flawlessly, so this set-up did exactly what I wanted.

edit: It did leak quite a bit on my return flight, but that doesn't surprise me. Luckily I remembered to put it in a zip-lock bag. What really surprised me is that my Erlkonigin DID NOT leak and it was sideways in my carry-on!o_O

Last edited:
    Reactions: Toronnah

AC2DC

Jan 17, 2011
    Socal
    I've been using the orchid pod for about a wk now, very happy with it. I chose the orchid over Orion/Smok variation due to easy adjustable ww/screen. Was running subohm setup with the cleito/vapersso NRG tank. Flavor on par with subohm and about 75% of cloud.

Orchid is much lighter/smaller, so very pocketable. Going to order the snowwolf wocket system for comparison. I've determined small, ww, about 1000mah pods are the setup for me.

Attachments

• 20190603_202457.jpg
      20190603_202457.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 24

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
    Jan 10, 2015
    Kent - United Kingdom
    After ten days of use, I'm ready to say my impression of the Orchid pod.

First and foremost, I emphasize the quality of the refillable pods, which are way better made than any other omologue pod I have tested so far.

They will last a week or more - if used with good 50 / 50 e-liquid. The quality of the pods is, in itself, the single most important motive for me stocking on some of them.

They have a negative, though. This negative side is the airflow, which is too approximate because of excessive manufacturing tolerances.

Replacement pods haven't the color theme drip tip / plating, and each drip tip is adapted to the pod with an o-ring of different thickness, so swapping drip tips is not straightforward.

The pod is Rebuildable if you have the skills; but NOT as shown on YT; you must remove the contact pins and free the coil legs BEFORE opening the pod by mean of the four plastic clips, otherwise you destroy the mesh heater.

The little mod pod is handy and reliable, but Orchid cut some corners and inflated some specs there.

The chip inside the device can deliver 30 Watts (10 Amp from battery) but only temporarily, you can't vape continously above 20 Watt as the battery lasts few minutes. The capacity of the battery is between 700 and 750 mah, not 950 mah as they claim. The charger charges at constant current of 800 mah and terminate at 4.15 V.

The power setting use whole Watts, and can't adjust the tenths of Watt. The power circuit first steps up the battery voltage to 4.8 Volt, than uses PWM to adjust the output voltage, similarly to a spinner battery.

I hooked up my Berserker 0.8 Ohm Ss316L coil with a pair of coccodrile clips, and there is some TC functionality, which I would classify as temperature limitation instead of a full-blown, fast tracking TC of an Evolv chip.
    I haven't been able to source the TC Orchid pod anywhere.

For some reasons, the temperature can only be adjusted in Fahrenheit and not Celsius, which is odd.

I will later post some more picture of my setup and pod inner parts.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    I'm getting really impressive life out of these pods, and it's a good thing: literally half of the replacements I just bought don't fit!!

They finally released black replacements pods so I ordered up 6, and 3 of the 6 fit so badly that they fall off from their own weight when you turn it upside down! (the other 3 fit great) I cut some small pieces of tape and stuck them on each end which worked great, but damn! I sent an email to my vendor to let them know Orchid sent them some bad pods, and they gave me store credit equal to the cost of 3 pods. So that's cool, especially because I didn't ask for anything.

...I can't wait until Purge gets their act together with the Ally! They've promised it'll be out next week...again:rolleyes:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread