Finally quit the stinkies: Mvp or VTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neverside

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Kicked the stinkies after 10 years thanks to vaping. Feels good. I quit beginning of October and have been lurking on the forums ever since.

Finally I have the courage to post.

So my question is Mvp or VTR? I currently have a ego c twist with a t3s. Its a good setup however the flavor and consistency of vapor aren't there. So I narrowed it down to the mvp or vtr. My one dilemma with the VTR is the tank setup. Does the extension/adapter perform well or is there power loss? Any info on either device would be helpful. Pros cons.

Also considering the Aspire nautilus and/or Aspire Vivi Nova.

Thanks for all the helpful post throughtout the forums. There truely is a wealth of information on the forums.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
Quite happy with MVP2 and mini-PT 2's. Plenty of power and vapor. Though I get one full day rather (than two) w/o recharging. But no problem, just recharge when sleeping. And get an 5-pack of extra heads to keep on hand. Mini-PT 2 holds 1-1.5ml of liquid -- with NO leaks. They're smaller than pictured and actually make a decent stealth vape. Good luck!

Vaptologist

Nov 26, 2013
New Mexico
Kicked the stinkies after 10 years thanks to vaping. Feels good. I quit beginning of October and have been lurking on the forums ever since.

Finally I have the courage to post.

So my question is Mvp or VTR? I currently have a ego c twist with a t3s. Its a good setup however the flavor and consistency of vapor aren't there. So I narrowed it down to the mvp or vtr. My one dilemma with the VTR is the tank setup. Does the extension/adapter perform well or is there power loss? Any info on either device would be helpful. Pros cons.

Also considering the Aspire Nautilus and/or Aspire Vivi Nova.

Thanks for all the helpful post throughtout the forums. There truely is a wealth of information on the forums.

I vote for the VTR, love the weight, feel, 15 watts and the fire button.

Vaptologist

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
for the price difference I would go with the MVP2 to see if you like box mods

also the aspire nautilus will fit it ok (you need the extension for the vtr not to mention batteries and charger - about $40-$60 extra)

saw a great review on the aspire nautilus - it came highly recommended as long as you do not drop it

and welcome to the ECF
9pribk.gif
295xrtd.gif
9pribk.gif

edit - if you get the nautilus (or down the road a kayfun lite+) you will not need to get to 15 watts of power as only about 4% or less of vapors ever go above 10 watts from what I have seen (this includes those wacky and crazy subohmers)

Last edited:

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Im definitely leaning more towards the mvp2 due to the convenience. My only thing is with VTR you can go up to 15 watts. Granted I enjoy vaping around 7 but knowing id have the ability to go considerably higher is appealing to me. Especially in the future when I may want to try new things.

In the past 3 1/2 years of vaping I have never reached 15 watts on any of my vaping gear. I can burn pretty much any juice at 10 watts or less....:oops:

dripdaze

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
You will not have to buy a battery or a charger with the MVP. When the included battery in the MVP goes bad it becomes a paperweight since the battery can't be replaced.

You will have to buy a battery and charger for the VTR. When the battery you are using in the VTR goes bad, You just replace it.

Neverside

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
In the past 3 1/2 years of vaping I have never reached 15 watts on any of my vaping gear. I can burn pretty much any juice at 10 watts or less....:oops:

Awesome. Definitely a +1 for the mvp. This has all been really helpful. Getting the mvp will also allow me to spend the money saved on some more juice. Lovin it.

Any suggestion for juices or vendors I should try? Surprisingly im really enjoying the fruity flavors especially strawberry. Oh and redbull.

You will not have to buy a battery or a charger with the MVP. When the included battery in the MVP goes bad it becomes a paperweight since the battery can't be replaced.

You will have to buy a battery and charger for the VTR. When the battery you are using in the VTR goes bad, You just replace it.

Interesting point. I have had my twist for about 3months and in that same time my gf has gone through 3 twist. What is the life expectancy of a MVP2? Is it common for them to die?

Last edited:

Ahoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Philly
I definately would start with the MVP 2. Cheaper - basic VW/VW menu system. Use it for a couple weeks and do yourself a favor....

*Get a GOOD tank/atty setup* spend 20 bucks and grab something nice that will last you. I personally think it is nice to get an atty to drip and test flavors out so i would get both if I were just starting again. It will totally be worth it. Heck you can just spend 10 bucks or less and get a vivi nova tank from vision and be good to go. Just don't forget about the little things that impact your vaping greatly!

tmillin

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2014
plus.google.com
I love my mvp2 and I found a drip atty for it for $10 its a X1 and with the built in ohm meter on the mvp I can always check resistance and adjust wattage accordingly. Heck it even has a puff counter if you really want to see how much you vape lol mine is currently saying 485 puffs so far today :D

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread