Finally talked to my first vapor in the wild today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I have been vaping for over 3 years and have yet to really see anyone vaping in my town. I work at Walmart and was checking out these 2 young men. One pulled out a Kanger Nebox when counting his money. I asked him if that what it was and he said yes....a little surprised that a forty something year old woman knew what it was!...I asked if I could look at it and he quickly agreed. "Thats what nice about us vapors....always love to show off our toys!"

It was pretty hefty and nicer then what I thought it would be. we had a nice conversation about building coils and about sub ohming. It just so nice to actually talk to someone face to face and they know what you are talking about!

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I've only run into three other vaper's so far, not including the one or two at the smoke shop where I got my starter kit a year ago. The first guy had a CE4 eGo, and seemed to be really into the 'vape instead of smoke' idea as a whole. The second guy had some kind of box mod and seemed to be only interested in the 'massive cloud thing'. I remember asking him what PG/VG ratio he was using and at what voltage and wattage he was vaping and he didn't know what I was talking about. So I knew that an atomizer resistance and battery question would be fruitless. The third, a young lady, a cashier at the convenience store the first guy probably got his CE4 from, was only a 'flavor chaser'. She still smokes cigarettes and only vapes (she has a CE4 eGo too) occasionally. The first guy was the only one that I had a decent, but short, vape conversation with. The other two, especially that second kid, had no interest at all in having a 'vape chat'.

Last edited:

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
    Jun 9, 2015
    Texas
    Most of the wild vapers I run into want to have a convo, but since I started hanging out here it's rare that I find one that can keep up. Lol! You guys have made me into a vape nerd! :lol: It's kinda amazing how many of them have no clue about ohm's law and battery safety. I talked to one "clowdz bro" dude once who showed me his vape. It was a Simpl with a cheap ebay dark horse mini clone. This goober had 3 wrap dual 20G coils in it and was using a purple efest. He proceeded to take a 5 second tug on it and looked at me funny when I started running.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 18, 2013
    Chicago
    Finally talked to my first vapor in the wild today!

For your sake, I hope when you first approached them, you let them sniff the back of your hand and didn't make sudden movements. Move too fast and they may respond aggressively. Also, don't b low off firecrackers near them. Nothing will spook a vaper faster and they may run out in traffic.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 14, 2014
    Most of the wild vapers I run into want to have a convo, but since I started hanging out here it's rare that I find one that can keep up. Lol! You guys have made me into a vape nerd! :lol: It's kinda amazing how many of them have no clue about ohm's law and battery safety. I talked to one "clowdz bro" dude once who showed me his vape. It was a Simpl with a cheap ebay dark horse mini clone. This goober had 3 wrap dual 20G coils in it and was using a purple efest. He proceeded to take a 5 second tug on it and looked at me funny when I started running.

This is me as well I can't tell you how many times I've asked,"What kind of setup you running?". They just hold up their vape and show it to me...When really I knew what it was and was seeing if they did. One time I asked a guy what ohms his coils were and he replied,"I dunno the beginner ones.". :facepalm:

Seems like I don't have much to talk about with the "in the wild" vapers. So I just smile a lot, toss in an "that's awesome man" and move along.

Rule62

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida
    I run into vapers frequently. Vaping is pretty big, in my neck of the woods. We have B&Ms galore, and I belong to a couple local groups, who converse on FB, and vape meets are common. Regulated boxes are very common, with various tanks on top. There are quite a few drippers around as well. I use Reos, with bottom feed attys exclusively, and I always get asked about it. I've yet to see another Reo user in the wild.

ReigntheGamer

ECF Veteran
    Oct 14, 2014
    I run into vapers frequently. Vaping is pretty big, in my neck of the woods. We have B&Ms galore, and I belong to a couple local groups, who converse on FB, and vape meets are common. Regulated boxes are very common, with various tanks on top. There are quite a few drippers around as well. I use Reos, with bottom feed attys exclusively, and I always get asked about it. I've yet to see another Reo user in the wild.

People look at my Reo like I am vaping some alien artifact. :lol:

ckquatt

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 8, 2013
    Milledgeville, GA
    People look at my Reo like I am vaping some alien artifact. :lol:
    Everyone does that to me too! Everytime I go into Stormy's here in town, everyone, including the employees ask me a million questions about it!

I promptly write down the website on a piece of paper and tell them to grab one up! Gotta give Rob the business!

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

ReigntheGamer

ECF Veteran
    Oct 14, 2014
    Everyone does that to me too! Everytime I go into Stormy's here in town, everyone, including the employees ask me a million questions about it!

I promptly write down the website on a piece of paper and tell them to grab one up! Gotta give Rob the business!

Same here, I ran out of cards and just started writing down the info for them. The funniest one was another vaper was looking at it and kept turning sideways and saying,"It's leaks more than my tank.". Completely ignoring the juice running out of the airholes on my Odin. I was very nice about it but inside I was screaming,"Quit wasting my JUICE!!!!"

Rule62

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida

I try to remember to carry a couple of Rob's cards in my wallet, in case anyone seems interested; which people often are. If so, I give them a card, or if I don't have one with me, I write down the website. But I still haven't seen another Reo user in the wild.

Reactions: ReigntheGamer

ReigntheGamer

ECF Veteran
    Oct 14, 2014
    It's kinda funny spotting others while driving. It looks like a large cotton ball floating out the window.

I always tip my mod to other vaping drivers and they just look at me like I'm crazy. Then again I kinda am so it's all good. :D

CleoPhoenix

Verified Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Birmingham, AL
    I always tip my mod to other vaping drivers and they just look at me like I'm crazy. Then again I kinda am so it's all good. :D
    XD
    thatlook.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread