Finally tippy toe-ing in here to say 'hi' and thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Hello all,

I've been lurking here for over a month, and thought it was finally time to say "Hi"!

For a short and sweet intro.... I'd been on analogs for over 30 years, and it was finally time to let them go. I researched lots of different 'quit' methods, and purchased my first cheapy e-cig at my local smoke shop. In all honesty, it was okay... but I knew there had to be something better our there.

When I quit the cigs on 4/17/11, I started with Chantix. (eeks, knowing me... I knew I needed help! But OMG... don't ever try that stuff) After 3 days on that horrid pill I threw them away, and decided to go 'frozen turkey'. I made it 10 days before I dug out that cheap-o e-cig. It saved my tookus! (at least I didn't go back to analogs)

After a few days, I discovered Green Smokes. (I know, I know... but at least they kept me off of cigs) And now.... I found your awesome forum and began reading LOL's amazing thread, Yay, this feels like home! :) After reading all the heartwarming posts on her thread, I purchased from Vapor4life, and will hopefully receive my package soon. (*fingers crossed*) From learning more on your forum, it sure sounds like I'll be needing a manual battery and some extra juice soon - so I'll be back for more help and encouragement.

I just wanted to say 'hi' and 'thank you' for being here... {{{big hugs}}}

p.s. Please forgive me if I've done something wrong.. this is my virgin post! :blink:

Wintering

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Thank you all SO much. This forum really ROCKS! In all honesty, I have been all over the web looking for a quit smoking forum. This, bar none, is the best!

Ha, and you may regret offering to answer my questions. Being a noob, I'll have bunches... especially when my V4L order arrives. Yay! :)

Okay... *clearing throat* ... since you offered .... do any of you find that you 'chain vape' once you got off analogs? The one thing I sorta miss (with the analogs) is a 'done' switch. This blasted e-cig is always ready to go. ;)

Astatine

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2011
USA
Thank you all SO much. This forum really ROCKS! In all honesty, I have been all over the web looking for a quit smoking forum. This, bar none, is the best!

Ha, and you may regret offering to answer my questions. Being a noob, I'll have bunches... especially when my V4L order arrives. Yay! :)

Okay... *clearing throat* ... since you offered .... do any of you find that you 'chain vape' once you got off analogs? The one thing I sorta miss (with the analogs) is a 'done' switch. This blasted e-cig is always ready to go. ;)

"chain vape"? You mean you feel that your ecig is permanently glued to your hand? Never heard of such a thing on ECF! (just kidding! :p )

In my experience, when smoking I could (literally) inhale the cigarette in 30 seconds. When I vape, I take a hit at much longer intervals (for one thing, the atty doesn't keep up with constant drawing). So I feel that the ecig is glued to my hand and that I am constantly vaping.

Now that you mention it, I will try to check how long it takes me to get about 10 to 12 draws on the ecig...:blush:

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Welcome, welcome. Gotta say, you're on a much better start than me. Took me a couple of DAYS to figure out how to put a picture on my profile.. But ah... anyway! Welcome to ECF, the vaper's NyQuil. We'll kill your headache, but our explanations will probably put you to sleep! ^^

Hi Im blu... thank you for the warm welcome! It took me a while to figure out how to add my profile pic too. Thank goodness I had my cheapy e-cig to help me! And... with your help, I'm still wide awake. ;)

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Welcome to ECF ! Glad you found the V4L forum !! A great group !
Hope it gets easier for you.
Congratulations on switching from smoking cigarettes to e-cigs !

Thank you for the warm welcom classwife. {{{hugs}}} I'm so glad I found this place... it really does feel like my new home. Once I figure out this huge forum, I'm going to have to explore the 'women's room'. Sounds like a perfect place to find new family members. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread