Finding the right tobacco Salts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nautilus 88

Dec 31, 2020
Hey all! New user here.

I wanted to pick your brains about finding a new brand of, or mixing my own, tobacco flavored juice, since my go-to has been discontinued.

I've been using Air Factory's "Limited Edition Tobacco" since the day I quit smoking and started vaping. I've tried many other tobacco flavors, and to me, none of them remotely compare. The Air Factory stuff has this incredible complexity to it that is hard to describe. On a new pod (I use the Zero device) it starts out with a slightly smoky, creamy, and sweet flavor. As the pod wears in, it starts to develop this awesome complexity with light hints of figs/raisins, cigar tobacco, and cognac. It's really subtle and hard to describe, but suffice it to say, I haven't been able to find anything even remotely similar. And this has been the only flavor that I've ever truly enjoyed. Their new substitution for it is terrible, in my opinion.

So my question to you all is this: Do any of you have experience with this flavor and can you recommend anything similar to it? I haven't been able to find much online about this particular flavor, which is surprising to me. And I have no idea what flavoring agents they would have used in it. Perhaps somebody here with experience in mixing could give suggestions for what might be useable to achieve a flavor like this.

Thanks ahead of time! Looking forward to your responses, and I hope you all have a great New Year!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
No response at all in 2 months?

Many folks here do not use commercial juices nor salt based nicotine.
Focus on the flavor component of the mix.

What type of tobacco is the base? woody/leathery/fuely/sweet/sour/green/bright/earthy/ashy/smokey ?
What are the highlight flavor notes you want to reproduce? cream, fruit, nut, coffee, savory, syrup, cookie, cake, biscuit?
What flavors have been observed by reviewers?

Cheers
I

Nautilus 88

Dec 31, 2020
Many folks here do not use commercial juices nor salt based nicotine.
Focus on the flavor component of the mix.

What type of tobacco is the base? woody/leathery/fuely/sweet/sour/green/bright/earthy/ashy/smokey ?
What are the highlight flavor notes you want to reproduce? cream, fruit, nut, coffee, savory, syrup, cookie, cake, biscuit?
What flavors have been observed by reviewers?

Cheers
I

Thanks for the response. I basically listed everything I can describe in my initial post: "slightly smoky, creamy, and sweet flavor"... "light hints of figs/raisins, cigar tobacco (Connecticut), and cognac. It's really subtle and hard to describe". The company has little useful information I can find besides one suppliers description that they "went all over the world looking for the right tobaccos", but I'm not sure how true that is. Their marketing can be quite gauche. Nothing useful from reviewers either. it seems, quite surprisingly, to not have much of a following. From what I can figure out, it might be an RY4 style, but I'm not sure on that.

I'd also add that the sweetness of it is very honey-like in flavor and leaves a nice sweet aftertaste on the back of my tongue. The smokiness is very subtle and not like the ash-tray flavor many companies use, which I can't stand. It's a very light and pleasant smokiness. It perhaps has some trace of vanilla, coffee, caramel, butterscotch, or similar, but if so it's very subtle and impossible to pin down. This subtlety and complexity is what makes it so alluring to me, but also makes it difficult to explain.

I've almost run out of my last bottle of it, and I'm reserving some in hopes that I can find a way to have a lab test it so I can find the constituents and mix my own (perhaps somebody here knows a lab that will do testing for individuals?). I'm dedicated to finding out what is in this. Since my initial post, I've tried 5 different brands and none are close. American Patriots is somewhat similar, but not as complex or sweet, and leaves a very unsatisfying aftertaste that reminds me of a hospital for some reason. VGOD Cubano is almost tolerable, but has that god-awful oatmeal flavor that 90% of "tobacco" flavored juice seems to have.

I'm at a loss so far, but I'm committed to figuring this out. So any help would be much appreciated.

Nautilus 88

Dec 31, 2020
I LOVE THE AIR FACTORY LIMITED TOBACCO

I’m in the same boat as you, been trying to find a replacement but no luck, please let me know if you find something !

Finally, somebody else! I can't comprehend how this wasn't more popular of a product. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a similar replacement. I'm still holding onto that bottle hoping that I can get it tested to mix my own, if that's even possible now with the new laws.

Vgod Cubano has become my go-to. After my taste buds adjusted, I've grown to like it more. I tried sweetening the American Patriots, but it's just not the same. It's such a shame they discontinued it.

I'll certainly keep you updated. I'm not giving up yet.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
I tried searching several different recipe sites but no luck

I did find this that might be sort of close
Smoking Dragon

or this off of elr
upload_2021-5-4_23-11-44.png

Squishy1

May 3, 2021
Finally, somebody else! I can't comprehend how this wasn't more popular of a product. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a similar replacement. I'm still holding onto that bottle hoping that I can get it tested to mix my own, if that's even possible now with the new laws.

Vgod Cubano has become my go-to. After my taste buds adjusted, I've grown to like it more. I tried sweetening the American Patriots, but it's just not the same. It's such a shame they discontinued it.

I’m definitely going to look into Vgod Cubano, and yes please keep me posted!!

Reactions: Opinionated

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
  • Useful
Reactions: Opinionated

Squishy1

May 3, 2021

I Tried the VGod I really like it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread