Status
Not open for further replies.

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
My poor Silver (Silver) Bullet has been sitting in a drawer for a long time. I used it for years, then the new VV & VW mods came out & the SB went into a drawer. But I missed her. So I finally bit the bullet (pun intended) and sprang for a 'Kick' & a sleeve. They arrived today. I had taken my SB to work with me. I had her protected in a sock from the last time I had polished her with 'Mothers' when I had put her away. Anyway, the sleeve and 'Kick' got here & I put the sleeve on. Holy crap! The sleeve looks like a mirror. And the top & bottom of my beloved SB looks shabby.... really shabby. Without the sleeve on my baby looks fine, but with the sleeve on, bad, very very very bad.

I am so embarrassed & guilty for having neglected 'Baby' for so long. I wanted to suck.... err breath.. new life into her.

Anyone have suggestions for bringing 'Baby' back to match the new sleeve? I do not have, nor do I have access to a polishing wheel. Just socks & Mother's polishing compound. Really need your expertise and advice on this one.

Tennovan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2011
Texas
Haha I hate to say this but you could also scuff up your sleeve to match the SB. I wouldn't recommend it but its an option. I've tried polishing my SB a few times but never really got great results. I've dropped, dinged, and scratched it so many times that a good polish would probably only bring out all the blemishes anyway. I can see how having a shiny new sleeve on it would stand out... maybe with enough use it'll start to match the body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread