Firelight E-cig review

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I recently decided to stop smoking and go with vaping instead. After a quick period of research I went with the "firelight mini" e-cig. Upon arrival it seemed to be pretty legit, but then again It was my first pv and I didn't really have anything to compare to (much like my first girlfriend). The cartridges, which come in packs of 10, give you about 5-6 cigarettes a piece I was told. Well, judging by puffs that I took this was a far cry from the truth. It was more like 2 cigarettes per cartridge, and after about 4 puffs there was no vapor so you had to wait about 10 minutes between. After about 30 puffs, the taste was comparable to lighting a cigarette backwards and getting that filter taste in your mouth. You can refill the carts I was told but they only hold about 2 drops so that sucked. The battery life was usually pretty good ( I got usually 5-6 hours). THe people at firelight were nice via email and agreed to give me a refund so I guess i can't really complain. All i'm saying is the firelight almost turned me off vaping all together, so beware and do your homework. Then again, maybe you'll love the thing, I dont know. Be your own judge, I just wouldnt suggest it.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
So I recently decided to stop smoking and go with vaping instead. After a quick period of research I went with the "firelight mini" e-cig. Upon arrival it seemed to be pretty legit, but then again It was my first pv and I didn't really have anything to compare to (much like my first girlfriend). The cartridges, which come in packs of 10, give you about 5-6 cigarettes a piece I was told. Well, judging by puffs that I took this was a far cry from the truth. It was more like 2 cigarettes per cartridge, and after about 4 puffs there was no vapor so you had to wait about 10 minutes between. After about 30 puffs, the taste was comparable to lighting a cigarette backwards and getting that filter taste in your mouth. You can refill the carts I was told but they only hold about 2 drops so that sucked. The battery life was usually pretty good ( I got usually 5-6 hours). THe people at firelight were nice via email and agreed to give me a refund so I guess i can't really complain. All i'm saying is the firelight almost turned me off vaping all together, so beware and do your homework. Then again, maybe you'll love the thing, I dont know. Be your own judge, I just wouldnt suggest it.

Thanks for the info on that model. Hopefully you'll find something that works. If 'chicagoland' is chicago, you have a great vendor nearby that could get you on the right track with a no box 510.

Joye 510 NO BOX

Out of stock, now due tomorrow.

Thanks for the info on that model. Hopefully you'll find something that works. If 'chicagoland' is chicago, you have a great vendor nearby that could get you on the right track with a no box 510.

Out of stock, now due tomorrow.

I'm In Lemont IL, about 40 minutes from downtown Chicago. Any Chicago hook up information you could give me would be great as I have none :(

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I'm In Lemont IL, about 40 minutes from downtown Chicago. Any Chicago hook up information you could give me would be great as I have none :(

Click on that link in my post - in blue - they're the best. And the 510 is the most popular model here and for good reason - it has the best vapor than any model in that category. And the $35 price is one of the lowest for full starter kits. (well, without the box ;-).

i would also recomend these guys(cignot above). new here too and glad i did some research before buying. these guys(ladies) come very highly recomended by alot of people. they have great customer service should something go wrong too. maybe you could ask them if they have a shop you could physically visit but shipping is fast also.

Thanks, I'll make a note of the name and check them out!

Click on that link in my post - in blue - they're the best. And the 510 is the most popular model here and for good reason - it has the best vapor than any model in that category. And the $35 price is one of the lowest for full starter kits. (well, without the box ;-).

Thanks for all the help Kent! I appreciate it!

Welcome! Let us know how it goes. I started with a supermini and had I not ordered the 510, I'd still be smoking cigarettes. Now going on 9 months without.

Thats awesome. Yea, atm I dont really miss smoking. I had a cigarette after about a week of smoking and it tasted terrible. Pv's are definately the way to go for me.

Jaganic_Solitude

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Washington, NJ, USA
www.blogtv.com
My bro's friend just got his last week and he knew NOTHING about it. After borrowing it for about an hour, the conclusion I came to is that Firelight minis are moderately ok. The only thing that baffled him was that he had no idea why it tasted bad...which led me to give him my pepsi niquid, which he forgot to get as well as a cartomizer.

Moderately good is a good is a very good description. But expensive as their carts are pretty cheap and dont hold much liquid.

My bro's friend just got his last week and he knew NOTHING about it. After borrowing it for about an hour, the conclusion I came to is that Firelight minis are moderately ok. The only thing that baffled him was that he had no idea why it tasted bad...which led me to give him my pepsi niquid, which he forgot to get as well as a cartomizer.

Drummel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2010
Sycamore, IL
Hey Hood, If you're looking for local, Cigtechs - Joye 510 Kit Black/Blue LED - is in Schaumburg. A bit more $$ but in stock for basic black.
Btw I'm in La Grange, Hi neighbor.

I agree with Slighter, my first order came from Cigtechs and subsequent orders as well. Flavors from varying locations. Chris over at Cigtechs has some top notch customer support and they deliver fast too.

And hello neighbors! :D

Rambosmurf

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2010
Hudson Valley, NY
Each type will have different results for each person. My first E-Cig was the Firelight starter kit and it led me to quite analogs. I still have them and use them as my vape for good flavor. You have to refill the carts with some type of mod and they work better. I also have one as my dipping pass through for computer time vaping. I have since bought and used a 510 and found it to be much better in all aspects.
I can't say much bad about the Firelight as it did more than expected, and when 1st switching it is about the closest to analog size (blu was 2 small).
RS

From my experience and the experience of a handful of friends, the firelight was a mediocre brand. Recently I am moving my oppion to full out bad brand. One of my friends had bought 6 of them (2 for each person in her family) and saturday 5 of the atty's burned out. Is she doing something wrong? Perhaps, I really dont know, but i will say that out of the minimal milage mine took, the atty's look pretty thin and frail. Last friday I tied it again with e-juice and I have to say, I was disappointed as every puff tasted like plastic. Overall, just a bad product, yet it did inspire me to try other pv's so I'll give it that much.

As far as the BLU goes, I dont know much about them except 2 people I know had them and they decided to just smoke regulars instead as the product gave them a crappy outlook on e-cigs.

Each type will have different results for each person. My first E-Cig was the Firelight starter kit and it led me to quite analogs. I still have them and use them as my vape for good flavor. You have to refill the carts with some type of mod and they work better. I also have one as my dipping pass through for computer time vaping. I have since bought and used a 510 and found it to be much better in all aspects.
I can't say much bad about the Firelight as it did more than expected, and when 1st switching it is about the closest to analog size (blu was 2 small).
RS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread