Travel and Vaping First air travel since I started vaping - observations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I flew from Greensboro to ATL on Tuesday and returned yesterday. Here are my observations from my first time travelling by air since I started vaping.

Gear and liquids through TSA security: put 30ml and 6ml bottles of juice in my quart sized ziploc with my other liquids. MVP and eGo were in the laptop bag. Nautilus mini was riding separately, empty, in one of the pockets in my laptop bag on my flight out of GSO. For my return trip, the mini, half full, went through TSA security in ATL in the ziploc with my other liquids. No scrutiny of the hardware or liquids at GSO or ATL.

Vaping at the airport: I didn't really have time at GSO to worry about it. I got to the airport pretty early in ATL for my return flight and discretely vaped at my gate for over an hour. The gate area was fairly empty but those folks at the gate with me and passers by in the terminal didn't seem to notice, nor did the Delta agents at the gate kiosk. ATL expressly forbids vaping outside of the established smoking lounges in the terminals. I'm not sure what the consequences would have been had I been "busted" but I most certainly wasn't going to sit in the smoking lounge. Safest bet would have been to forgo altogether but I felt comfortable vaping discretely.

Vaping on the plane: The flight was only about an hour so I didn't even consider it. Don't think I'd have the moxy to try even on a longer flight. Risk/reward ratio seems to lean way too far towards risk. The recorded announcement which played after boarding specifically mentioned the use of e-cigarettes as being prohibited.

Vaping in the hotel: I stayed at a Marriott Residence Inn and vaped all night in my room. I took care not to blow vapor directly under the two smoke detectors installed in the suite. No issues.

Tank leakage: ...or lack thereof. Before boarding in ATL, I removed my Nautilus mini, still almost half full, closed the air flow, wrapped it in a paper towel, and put it in the ziploc with my other liquids. Didn't leak a drop.

Last edited:

Solid Snake

Jun 19, 2014
Detroit, MI, USA
Vaping in the hotel: I stayed at a Marriott Residence Inn and vaped all night in my room. I took care not to blow vapor directly under the two smoke detectors installed in the suite. No issues.

My first trip since I started vaping was back in May of 2014. I went to Las Vegas. When checking in, all they had for me was a non-smoking room. I vaped like a mad man with no issues. I've found that if there is any kind of an air current, the vapor dissipates very quickly. Any time I'm in a hotel (especially in a climate like Vegas), I prefer to have the air conditioner on high. So I just made sure to vape near the a/c.

My first trip since I started vaping was back in May of 2014. I went to Las Vegas. When checking in, all they had for me was a non-smoking room. I vaped like a mad man with no issues. I've found that if there is any kind of an air current, the vapor dissipates very quickly. Any time I'm in a hotel (especially in a climate like Vegas), I prefer to have the air conditioner on high. So I just made sure to vape near the a/c.
Forget vaping, I want to know who is looking in your hotel room, in Las Vegas.

LOL

tdr37803

Oct 14, 2013
Maryville,TN, USA
Recently flew to Dominican Republic for vacation. Flew out of Knoxville, TN, connecting in Charlotte enroute to Punta Cana DR. Flew US Airways. Vaped in restroom in Knoxville. On the first leg of the flight had an almost 2 hour lay-over at Charlotte. I sat in a quiet area at the gate and vaped discreetly. On return flight I hit the restroom in Punta Cana before boarding. On the flight to Charlotte I very discreetly vaped in my seat. I was sitting next to the window with my wife in the center. I was using a White Cloud fling. After getting though customs at Charlotte we grabbed a quick bite, then I vaped again in the restroom. No hassle at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread