First analog free day, struggling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashes to batteries

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2015
So after much help in the noob forum I graduated from the generic ego to a kanger mini subox and decided to put down the analogs for good.

Man. I can't vape in the office and the fact that you obviously don't vape with the same routine or period of time as an analog means in going nuts. I get plenty of satisfaction from my mod, but I don't chain vape. I take a draw maybe every 20-40 minutes. Not being able to do that at work is KILLING ME.

On the plus side, I stopped at the gas station for a pack of cigarettes and stopped myself and drove off.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
You now have a urinary tract infection. Seek the bathroom regularly. That only helps for a week or so though. I grabbed nic gum to help through the day. I was kinda a tri user for the first few month after I tried to make the switch from smoking to vaping, which didn't work at first. I had a smoke when I needed. I chewed nic gum during work taking bathroom breaks to vape. I do have an office but my door never shuts. I vaped at home. One day, I just didn't smoke and later I didn't chew the gum.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Unfortunately, it's a very open floor plan and I couldn't do that without crawling under my desk. (There are some nosy folks here)
sorry to hear that.
a dse901 system with auto fire is small enough to hide
in the palm of your hand.
a kr808d1 x/large battery with a kanger t3 clearomizer
with a black drip tip looks like a bic type pen.
just don't let anyone write with it.
the higher the PG ratio the less visible vape.
;)
mike

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
It is as much a mind set as anything.

I suffered the same battle the first few days.........(WEEKS!!!)... until my body and mind came to the understanding that they would not DIE without a smoke.

By the way, I flipped straight from smoking to Vaping never picking up another cigarette after my first vape. That was almost 3 years ago, after a 45yr. habit.

Be strong, the cravings will fade and you will be glad your free. :)

Sanctuary Denied

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2013
Vancouver, Wa
It is as much a mind set as anything.

I suffered the same battle the first few days.........(WEEKS!!!)... until my body and mind came to the understanding that they would not DIE without a smoke.

By the way, I flipped straight from smoking to Vaping never picking up another cigarette after my first vape. That was almost 3 years ago, after a 45yr. habit.

Be strong, the cravings will fade and you will be glad your free. :)

It was a matter of routine for me as well. It gets better, hang in there.

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

mojofilter

Mar 10, 2015
Florida, USA
If the bathroom at your workplace smells like industrial cleaning chemicals, or even fake-nice like air freshener, whatever you vape in there isn't going to be anywhere near as strong-smelling, so nobody will know. You just have to be concerned about somebody walking in.

Your body is freaking out because you aren't giving it any cigarettes anymore. But that feeling will subside in a couple of weeks, and it gets better from there. Best of luck to you.

LewAz

Apr 2, 2015
Great American Southwest
Stealth vaping. One method that seems to work well: after inhaling vapor, breath in (air, not vapor) before exhaling. No vapor trail on the exhale at all. I saw this on YouTube. A fellow from England who had an hour commute on the train would stealth vape. Of course, it would require a stealthy setup as well.

Reactions: KentA

Traijan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
USA
So after much help in the noob forum I graduated from the generic ego to a kanger mini subox and decided to put down the analogs for good.

Man. I can't vape in the office and the fact that you obviously don't vape with the same routine or period of time as an analog means in going nuts. I get plenty of satisfaction from my mod, but I don't chain vape. I take a draw maybe every 20-40 minutes. Not being able to do that at work is KILLING ME.

On the plus side, I stopped at the gas station for a pack of cigarettes and stopped myself and drove off.
Not sure why it's killing you to not be able to take a hit every 20-40 minutes. Were you allowed to smoke cigarettes in the office? When it's break time just go on out like you were going out to smoke a cigarette and puff about 5 to 10 good hits, that should calm the cravings. At least it used to for me when I first started, although sometimes I'd have to take 10 really heavy hits to stem the craving but that was back when I was using things like protanks so the amount of nic wasn't as much as I get now from subohm.

Also use this time to train yourself to not smoke at work. I did that many years ago so I don't even need to vape when I'm at the office (although sometimes I do steal off to the broom closet and take a really deep hit since there is no smoke / fire detectors in there and I'm totally paranoid to set off the sprinkler system in my office), and generally only vape maybe one or two hits during a work week when at work.

Reactions: YoursTruli

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Not sure why it's killing you to not be able to take a hit every 20-40 minutes. Were you allowed to smoke cigarettes in the office? When it's break time just go on out like you were going out to smoke a cigarette and puff about 5 to 10 good hits, that should calm the cravings. At least it used to for me when I first started, although sometimes I'd have to take 10 really heavy hits to stem the craving but that was back when I was using things like protanks so the amount of nic wasn't as much as I get now from subohm.

Also use this time to train yourself to not smoke at work. I did that many years ago so I don't even need to vape when I'm at the office (although sometimes I do steal off to the broom closet and take a really deep hit since there is no smoke / fire detectors in there and I'm totally paranoid to set off the sprinkler system in my office), and generally only vape maybe one or two hits during a work week when at work.
naw,just learn to stealth vape.
no need to learn Jedi mind tricks.
regards
mike

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

Traijan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
USA
naw,just learn to stealth vape.
no need to learn Jedi mind tricks.
regards
mike
I won't even think about stealth vaping at work, my office is shared with a lady (who's husband vapes but she does not) and I can just hear her now... "Do you smell caramel" or "Why does it smell like candy in the office". Yeah my office is only about 20' x 18' and although we're at opposite sides of the room theres no way to stealth vape in this office. If it was a private office then I could see doing it since nobody comes to my office except to ask if I want to go out to lunch with somebody. I'm stuck the one or two times a week in Harry Potters broom closet I guess. No biggie, as said, it's only about 1 or 2 hits during the work week and I could just as easily walk out the building to do it if I really felt the need. I'm just a lazy sod and don't really want to go all the way out the building so the closet will do for now.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
I won't even think about stealth vaping at work, my office is shared with a lady (who's husband vapes but she does not) and I can just hear her now... "Do you smell caramel" or "Why does it smell like candy in the office". Yeah my office is only about 20' x 18' and although we're at opposite sides of the room theres no way to stealth vape in this office. If it was a private office then I could see doing it since nobody comes to my office except to ask if I want to go out to lunch with somebody. I'm stuck the one or two times a week in Harry Potters broom closet I guess. No biggie, as said, it's only about 1 or 2 hits during the work week and I could just as easily walk out the building to do it if I really felt the need. I'm just a lazy sod and don't really want to go all the way out the building so the closet will do for now.
smell shouldn't be an issue generally.
some flavors can be quite aromatic. i have heard cinnamon is one.
best way to find out is do a few test runs.
regards
mike

VCross

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Yucaipa, California
Step 1: Get a really, really small mod+tank setup. An iStick mini or an eGrip.
Step 2: Get a good nic strength, unflavored PG juice. Doesn't leave any lingering scent if you use unflavored.
Step 3: Take a nice long mouth to lung inhale and hold it for 3-5 seconds.
Step 4: Inhale normal air.
Step 5: Hold for 3-5 seconds.
Step 6: Exhale clear, unscented air.
Step 7: ???
Step 8: Congrats, you're' now stealth vaping at work.

ashes to batteries

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2015

I think because I am still getting less nicotine than an analog and I'm missing some ritualistic satisfaction from smoking until a ciggy is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread