First attempt at dripping....what am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
I agree that the drip shield may truly improve your experience - Phil uses one with drippers, and what it does, is not only does it protect from leaking, but it sort of helps "store" the extra juice so that your draw pulls that extra juice back in. I'm not so sure that I think this is healthy if your parts aren't well cleaned (since the outside of dripping atties, as well as 510's, can be quite dirty - it'd probably be wise to clean all the parts with alcohol and a good rag before vaping). I also forgot if the drip shields have a 510-to-510 converter on the bottom, so it may be wise to use an air-flow controller as a 510 shield if the drip shield doesn't have one - these are easier to clean as well, than the 510 of your battery, which no doubt be dirty from metal dust.

I personally have gotten the best dripping experiences from a Cisco atomizer, and not with any other off-brand drippers. Some of the off-brands have indeed worked correctly, but the Cisco delivers the notes of juices light-years apart from other brands. They claim this is because they use a special type of NiChrome that is neither like regular NiChrome or Kantah (their own NiChrome is missing certain metals that can possibly muddy a vape, and with the results, I certainly believe it.)

I used their $8.99 version (which I believe they stated is the ones built in China, but with their specific specs, where as the $30-ish ones are the ones built in their shop), and it worked fine, apart from abuse that I blame on myself. Would totally suggest it over spending almost as much ($3-$5) on other dripping atties! The bridged version also stores more juice for a puff session than a de-bridged, and I personally think the bridged version (with the arched metal mesh) works 10x better at this - though a the drip shield is a MUST with the Ciscos, they do run very easy.

Happy vaping!

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
Ok, guys...I need some help. I now have a couple of 510 atty's, a drip shield, and a 510/510 adapter.

I've put it all together, only for nothing to happen. Battery lights up and fires, but no vaping is occurring......can't find much by way of youtube...please help!

UPDATE: I removed the 510/510 adapter and having some success...Guess I didn't need it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread