First day on the vape Might be over vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmySkye

Aug 14, 2018
So my Q is probably pretty basic and lame but because I’m uses to a cigarette finishing to show me when I should stop I’m having trouble figuring out how much I should be vaping.. is there any signs I should be aware of that I’m vaping too much?
So fare besides a little bit of tired eyes (from dehydration) I’ve been ok..
But my brain doesn’t know when to stop yet.

Ps yes I’m vaping right now lol

Reactions: stols001

Bradder

Am I Chip or am I Dale?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Be sure to stay very hydrated by drinking lots of fluids. VG is a natural desiccant and can dry you out. Depending on your level of nic, agitation, nervousness, dizziness, etc. can be signs of too much nicotine. But to confound the situation, withdrawal from cigarettes can cause these same symptoms.

I had the same problem with knowing when to slow down on the vaping. You will settle into a routine of some kind. The best advice I can give is to stay hydrated and enjoy-- and stay on the ECF and let us know how you are doing.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
So my Q is probably pretty basic and lame but because I’m uses to a cigarette finishing to show me when I should stop I’m having trouble figuring out how much I should be vaping.. is there any signs I should be aware of that I’m vaping too much?

What device are you using?
What is the nicotine level of the juice you are using?
What flavour are you using?

IMO: "But my brain doesn’t know when to stop yet." stop when you feel nauseated.

Cheers
I

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Hi EmmySkye. Welcome to the ECF.

Depending on How Much you smoked, the first couple of days of Quitting Smoking can be kinda a Mess. And as you said, an e-Cigarette doesn't have that built in Limit like a Regular Cigarette does.

Couple of things I'll just throw out...

If you sit down and take 8 or 9 Hits off an e-Cigarette, like what you did when you smoked, and you Don't feel some amount of Satisfaction, this is a Good Sign that you might Not be using a High Enough Nicotine level.

So what Nicotine Level (mg/ml) are you using right now? And what type of e-Cigarette are you using it in?

With a Regular Cigarette, when it is done, you Smush it Out and then drop it in ashtray. You Don't see too many people Carrying around smushed out Cigarettes. LOL.

But this Isn't the case with an e-Cigarette. There is No Smushing when you are done.

So what Many people have Found is if they Put The e-Cigarette Down after they do 8 or 9 Hits, it tells your Brain OK I'm Done. Instead of Constantly Holding their e-Cigarette. Constantly Holding your e-Cigarette can lead to Constantly Hitting on an e-Cigarette.

And about when Too Much Too Much...

Your Body will Tell you when you are taking in Too Much Nicotine. For Me, I would get that Dull Feeling like the Onset of a Headache. That was the sign that it's time for a Glass of Water and to take a Break for awhile.

Switching to an e-Cigarette takes a little Trial & Error. Unfortunately, this Trial & Error coincides with that 1st Two Weeks of getting off Cigarettes. So things can be a little traumatic at times. But the Rewards of being to Quit Smoking make it All Worth While.

So Keep Plugging Along. Because You Can Make. And even though at Times it can be a little rough. every day it Gets Better.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Stay hydrated, vape as much as you want/need going through detox, there is no "right" amount just keep an eye out for nicotine overload symptoms, like sweating, headache, nausea, hiccups, light headedness, and etc.

Most of the time once you are through detox, vaping settles down for a while and your body self adjusts to what you need to feel satiated. Etc.

Good luck today!

Anna

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
If I vape too much, i get a headache. It goes away in a few minutes with a drink of water. Which is how I differentiate, my normal headaches don’t just go away.

Just vape whenever you want to smoke, plus whenever just because. It takes a while for the brain to catch on that this is where you’ll be getting your nic fix.

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
but my brain doesn’t know when to stop yet.
Make your vaping more impactful on the sensory side, without making it more impactful on the physiological side.

Stronger flavor concentration, adding a good portion of coolada/menthol, raising the vape temperature... things like that... something to give your mind checkboxes to tick off and find out that it feels satisfied.

EricMorr

Jul 2, 2018
Pitman, NJ
I start to get a slight headache when I have vaped too much. But like DeloresRose said, I stop, get some water, and it goes away. The nicotine from vaping will hit you slower than a cigarette. Where a cigarette the nic hits your brain in like 8 seconds, the nic from vaping takes a little longer...30 seconds? I set my mod for the screen to go off in 20 or 30 seconds. So i see how I feel when the screen goes off. If I feel satisfied, I stop vaping.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Make your vaping more impactful on the sensory side, without making it more impactful on the physiological side.

Stronger flavor concentration, adding a good portion of coolada/menthol, raising the vape temperature... things like that... something to give your mind checkboxes to tick off and find out that it feels satisfied.
Yes, that was also my strategy. Aggressive chain vaping on a tank with a factory coil will only result in a burned coil and a burned taste, which simply doesn't happen on an RDA if doing it right, and, the ability to immediately change the nic strength of the juice that's in it is what made an RDA much more suitable for me to tackle my frequent mood swings that were causing me to switch heavily back and forth between wanting to vape normally at one moment and wanting to chain vape within the next moment. Aggressive chain vaping without getting nic sick only is possible by switching to lower nic strength, unlike just normal vaping, as the latter can only give enough satisfaction by increasing the nic strength back to what it was before entering the chain vaping phase.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Neither does mine, but I'm vaping with zero nic. I generally vape at the same time(usually 3 times a day) and generally stop at the same times. Some durrations depend on the flavor/DIY mix and time of day. Since vaping is totally scalable, the choice you have can be overwhelming. The main thing to remember is, part of vaping is all about you the vaper, being in control and the freedom to fix/tailor any aspect of vaping you feel you need to improve upon.
VapeWild Test Results

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA

When I first started to use lower resistance coils I vaped a bit too much and when that happened I usually would get a headache. It does not happen too much anymore but there have been a few times when my ears started loudly thumping --kinda freaked me out. I posted here and others had that experience too when vaping a bit too much.

I think overall your body will let you know something is up --thumping ears, pounding heartbeat, headache, vomiting. Years later I still vape like all the time but use a much lower nic now so it does not happen much.

• Agree

EmmySkye

Aug 14, 2018
What device are you using?
What is the nicotine level of the juice you are using?
What flavour are you using?

IMO: "But my brain doesn’t know when to stop yet." stop when you feel nauseated.

Cheers
I
Im using 9ml
Mostly coffee ancake or vanilla type vape juices which are so yum.
Im on the Edura T22
Ive got better as the weeks gone on but now ive had to swap the coil over adter a fdw weeks and my even my new coil is getting burnt flavour
I Dont think i filled it right to the top so maybe the top cotton air hole burned so ill try again today with another coil.:/

EmmySkye

Aug 14, 2018
Be sure to stay very hydrated by drinking lots of fluids. VG is a natural desiccant and can dry you out. Depending on your level of nic, agitation, nervousness, dizziness, etc. can be signs of too much nicotine. But to confound the situation, withdrawal from cigarettes can cause these same symptoms.

I had the same problem with knowing when to slow down on the vaping. You will settle into a routine of some kind. The best advice I can give is to stay hydrated and enjoy-- and stay on the ECF and let us know how you are doing.

Yeah realised early on i needed to drink more. Had a bit of anxiety at first, but lowered my nic levels and i was ok
Couldnt sleep for the first few says but now my body has adjusted so im all good.
Now just dealing mith a burnt coil
And the last one started to smell burnt acidic flavour after 2.5 weeks but this one smelled burnt straight away (and tastes terrible) so i must have not filled the tank up enough for it to wet the cotton ventsor something.. anyways if theres any other reason this might happening that you know of, id love your advise.. its horrible taste

• Useful

EmmySkye

Aug 14, 2018
Yes, that was also my strategy. Aggressive chain vaping on a tank with a factory coil will only result in a burned coil and a burned taste, which simply doesn't happen on an RDA if doing it right, and, the ability to immediately change the nic strength of the juice that's in it is what made an RDA much more suitable for me to tackle my frequent mood swings that were causing me to switch heavily back and forth between wanting to vape normally at one moment and wanting to chain vape within the next moment. Aggressive chain vaping without getting nic sick only is possible by switching to lower nic strength, unlike just normal vaping, as the latter can only give enough satisfaction by increasing the nic strength back to what it was before entering the chain vaping phase.
Got the burt taste omg its like acid in my mouth wtf

• Optimistic

EmmySkye

Aug 14, 2018

Ok thankyou my vape doesnt have different heat settings but i do change my nic levels now and i tgink i over vaped the first batch cause it didnt have much of a throat hit but i found my other ones do so not too bad now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread