First day with my new Z Atty Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilbman

Jun 21, 2013
Merica'
What can I say about the ZAP. Well, first off, I like it. I like it a lot. My first step into a genesis style. I wrapped a 1.3 ohm coil and worked out the hot spots. Since the ceramic coil that was supposed to come with it was broken, the B&M dude gave me a couple of seasoned SS wicks instead. Not a tight fit. A little leaky but it works. I worked out the hot spots and things are good. It took a little adjusting to my vaping style to enjoy it because it doesn't hit like a cig for me. Nor a tight draw. Thins this is a work horse though. It does the work for you in a sense. When the coil is working and producing a lot of vapor for you, you do not need to pull so hard to get a good hit. This is my experience so far. And yes, the flavor has been good and good vapor as well. It is definitely different though. To me it is more so like how a cigar is to analogs. The experience of it. A whole new experience to vaping for me and I like it. Hold the button in, allow coils to do the work, then lightly puff the vapor. And lots of it. Not a hard pull at all. But yes, this style of vaping is totally new to me and it is satisfying. I am going to try and wrap a coil with more wraps for more coverage next. I can definitely see the potential this thing has to create massive amounts of smooth, flavorful, and satisfying vapor with very light draws. Although, I am new at this, so any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

hadouken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2013
Cali
What device are you using it on?

What gauge wire? More wraps may actually be counterproductive. More wire will equal more surface area with potentially more vapor, but you need a device that will supply the power to a coil with higher resistance. If you are using a mechanical, more wraps could end up being less vapor for you. Of course, you can experiment and see what you like.

Congrats on beginning your journey into RBAs. Your first exprience sounds like it has been better than most peoples. That being said, be prepared for it to frustrate you once in a while. Put it down, walk away, and try again before selling it on the classifieds or throwing it at the wall.

it's pretty rewarding to build your own coil and vape it, is it not? There's plenty of info in the Rebuildable atomizer section of this forum, which you can access later when you have more posts.

Good luck

lilbman

Jun 21, 2013
Merica'
What device are you using it on?

What gauge wire? More wraps may actually be counterproductive. More wire will equal more surface area with potentially more vapor, but you need a device that will supply the power to a coil with higher resistance. If you are using a mechanical, more wraps could end up being less vapor for you. Of course, you can experiment and see what you like.

Congrats on beginning your journey into RBAs. Your first exprience sounds like it has been better than most peoples. That being said, be prepared for it to frustrate you once in a while. Put it down, walk away, and try again before selling it on the classifieds or throwing it at the wall.

it's pretty rewarding to build your own coil and vape it, is it not? There's plenty of info in the Rebuildable atomizer section of this forum, which you can access later when you have more posts.

Good luck

Hello. I'm using a provari mini. Not sure what gauge wire. I know it a little thicker than 32. The shop that sold it to me gave me a little bit thicker wire than what came with it. I got 4 wraps currently. When I first did it, it didn't taste that great. But after things got going and the wick was saturated and wicking well, it was good. Had to turn the voltage down a bit but the flavor was coming through. I've tried 2 flavors so far w/ different nic levels. The 18mg is a little more harsh than the 12 for me. Also, I enjoy the challenge. I like that I can make my own coil. I just wrapped this one on the wick but next time, I'm going to try and wrap it on something else and then slip it over the wick. As much as I paid for this, I don't think I will be getting rid of it...LOL. Seriously though, I am stoked about the potential it has and it gives me something to tinker with along the way. I can always twist a new different tank on but as of right now, I like the experience of this for a more relaxed feel at the home. For some reason, I enjoy this in a different way than just drawing like an analog. Way different experience for me. Alas, my journey continues and will probably try an A7 or cart tank in the future for the heck of it.

Regards...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread