The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

first diy in the tank

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by hottierockstar, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. hottierockstar

hottierockstar Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 7, 2013
    southern california
    i don't hate it...but i don't love it...i've had worse...probably shouldn't have been so ambitious with multiple flavors
    I think i am not a fan of cheesecake flavoring... LOL

2. Hoosier

Hoosier Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2010
    Indiana
    You tanked your first mix?

That's hardcore...

3. FaceT1me

FaceT1me Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I did the same thing as my drip setup did not come in yet. I felt about the same way about my first mix. But it was totally vapable compare to some juices I bough and was a fraction of the price.

4. hottierockstar

hottierockstar Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 7, 2013
    southern california
    yep no cool whip ;)

5. LaWatusi

LaWatusi Full Member

May 15, 2013
    Seattle, WA, USA
    I made my 1st DIY last night. I stuck with a single flavor though. You are very brave! :) I bought some atomizers and drip tips to use when I start making my crazy concoctions.

6. FACE MEAT

FACE MEAT Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2013
    Costa Mesa, CA
    When one's first box of DIY stuff is delivered, it's extremely tempting to immediately concoct something complex with multiple flavors. I learned the hard way that the odds of crafting something even halfway decent while "winging it" is easier said than done. There's a lot of people with a lot of knowledge around here and I've yet to find one that's not willing to lend a helping hand.

The single most valuable tip I was given was to mix small batches of single flavors before mixing any together. This will give you a much better understanding of how these single flavors taste at different percentages and how they'll get along with other flavors.

Also, read Hoosier's blogs. They're priceless nuggets of sage DIY wisdom.

7. john333

john333 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Cinnamon Danish Swirl 8%
    Sugar Cookie 6%
    Vanilla 2%
    Sweet Cream 2%
    Nut 1%

You have to have the Danish and sugar cookie but the others you can use something close. For instance I use toasted almond in stead of nut flavor. good luck

8. bnrkwest

bnrkwest ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    Cheesecake is notorious for needing steeping time. Let it set for a couple weeks and you may like it, but it is heavier flavor. Have fun! bnrk

9. 2coils

2coils Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2012
    New Jersey
    I purchased a ton of DIY supplies because of the upcoming proposed regulation. I never had any interest in DIY as I enjoy buying other peoples creations. I have decided this week I will experiment and see how it goes. Wish me luck! I hope to fair as well as the OP!!!

10. JBL-37

JBL-37 Banana's Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2013
    Washington State
    I expected something different from the title lol... At least you didn't gag.
    I'm hooked on DIY, so far I really like my recipes. I have been able to fix any so so ones fairly easy. I have the flavor cheesecake with graham and its real good after two weeks, not so at first. It changed a lot and was interesting to taste this one as it aged. Black cherry and this flavor go good together IMO.
    I come to realize I can't follow anyone's recipes though. I'll use the ingredients but at a much lower %. I thought everyone was crazy, but it's just me lol... Good thing is my flavorings will last longer. :toast:

11. john333

john333 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2011
    Indiana
    I just realized I need to warn you about cinnamon in a recipe. If you have a plastic tank there is a chance cinnamon can cause it to crack. It does not have the same reaction to organic material i.e. the human body.

12. michaelsil1

michaelsil1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2013
    Los Angeles
    I mixed several flavors on my first DIY batch and it's still sitting on the shelve.

Do we have a who can make the worst contest?

13. My DIY supplies come from My Freedom Smokes today. I won't be trying any multiple flavorings right off the bat. I'm not that brave yet. After trying and liking 100% VG juice, I decided to stick with that parameter for the time being. I like the thick, rich vape VG creates. I've always been a tinkerer by nature, so this should be quite the entertaining diversion for me.

14. JBL-37

JBL-37 Banana's Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2013
    Washington State

Ha ha, gives you a change to work on your fixing skills...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.